China Rising DLC - comments

Post by Jokerle »

Chopper superiority! :lol:

post your comments
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Hgx

Re: China Rising DLC - comments

Post by Hgx »

Played some rush today in all maps except for Silk Road.

I liked it, more than vanilla rush maps.

In case you haven't played them, Guilin Peaks in rush mode plays in quite a weird way. Instead of pushing in a directional straight line or close to it, you first have to go to one side of the map then turn around, and go back to the other side.

First time playing my whole team (atks) was waiting for the out of bound to be released to keep pushing in the same way for like 1 or 2 mins until someone realized we had to go the other way, lol.
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Played Altai Range and Guilin Peaks, CQ large, 64 players.

Altai looks incredible. I loved the bomber going over while the jets dogfight for a chance to shoot it down. But the bomber bombs are a HUGE disappointment. I was sitting there in awe of the dogfight and the siren and the bomber, thinking, man this is AWESOME, watched the bombs drop, tensing for what was sure to be an epic... NO EXPLOSION AT ALL!?!?!?!??!! They looked like grenades going off! frak

But Altai is probably going to be the worst GC map ever. There are multiple (yes multiple) MAA on the map. It's almost completely open, with limited cover provided by rocks in places, and tons of armor. Whoever gets the middle and secures it can just park all their excess LAVs and MAA on top and prevent the other team from going anywhere, pretty much forever.

Guilin I fell in love with immediately. Lots of cover and foliage. Felt like I was playing paintball. It might devolve into lane fights in GC, maybe, but I hold out hope that it's too open for that, and will result in lots of good, dynamic infantry play.

Patch review:
I still traded with people consistently, in two rounds (one on Altai one on Guilin), I traded ~4 times (trade defined as we both die and it shows him at 1 health). Server felt fine though, maps played well framewise.
ImageImageImage
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

played 5 minutes of silk road, wasn't that impressed. but the game is still a horrible stuttery mess of crap so I'm withholding judgement until I get it figured out.

this whole multi-MAA thing is horrible though.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Kilo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kilo »

Armored Kill 2.0....except for Peaks.
Battlefield Tournament History
BF3C4: STAR Infantry Private 2Image
BF3C5: LOD Infantry Private
BF3C6: UNSC Infantry Private First Class
BF4C1: USSR Infantry Conscript
BF4C2: GoCI Infantry Private First Class
BF4C3: LN7 Infantry Private
BF4C4: JANUS Armor Private
BF4C5: KTSS SAS Captain
BF4C6: SAD Infantry CorporalImage
BF4C7: GC Infantry Captain
Nix

Post by Nix »

I don't have Premium, so I have not played this yet.
And I don't F*%$ing care. There are two MAAs. TWO.
How the h*** am I going to deal with that? I'm serious.

/rant

Air Superiority looks fun.
Break out the Active Radar missiles boys!
♫ BoomBoomBoom...BeepBeepBeep!
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
TCZapper
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TCZapper »

Yeah, basically Altai becomes SRAWs firing down a hill on you once the enemy has entrenched itself. And the bomber is just amazingly pathetic. I can't manage to get a kill with it :(

Air Superiority on the dragon map is kinda awesome since it has lots of cover. However it definitely becomes a game of "who has unlocked active radar missiles", which fraking sucks. Goddamnit DICE did you learn nothing from the bitching in BF3? Just remove all secondaries :(

I also had issues with people throwing SLAMs and firing rockets at where my vehicle was like a second or two ago and apparently successfully connecting with me.

But yeah, China Rising seems to be the End Game inspired DLC. Except instead of taking out the MAA like in End Game, they added more :)
Nix

Post by Nix »

DICE should add the ASRAD again :twisted:
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

the new maps look visually very appealing!

I wish nobody would shooting at my while I cruise around with the jet.
Sadly everybody wants to kill me and for the most parts I cant even shoot back :(
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
CorranHorn
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CorranHorn »

Jokerle wrote:the new maps look visually very appealing!

Sadly everybody wants to kill me and for the most parts I cant even shoot back :(
Dude i feel the same way!

Flying around last night I was pretty much swearing the whole time as im being shot by the MAA , sorry the TWO MAAs.

Oh well, at least it's beautiful!
Nix

Post by Nix »

Jokerle wrote:the new maps look visually very appealing!

Silk Road looks really good. I love desert environments.
It looks like there is a huge sandstorm in the background, this map would have been more appropriate for the Sandstorm leveloution. Not Oman, if you ask me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
You're supposed get better scrub, MAA is clearly not OP.
Stop being such a air wh*re...scrub.
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

So I've been playing around with the new bomber till I unlocked the cruise missile.

wow
much fun
such destruction
so campy
wow
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

Q: havent test it yet but did they balance RU vs CHINA/US jets finally ?
Q2: are F35 smaller in comparison to the J20? Plus they get the fancy airhover...

Im from that weird group of people who tried to make stealth jets "work" on normal Conquest. Its time to farm... i mean play some Air Supperiority.

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

elchino7 wrote:Q: havent test it yet but did they balance RU vs CHINA/US jets finally ?
Q2: are F35 smaller in comparison to the J20? Plus they get the fancy airhover...

Im from that weird group of people who tried to make stealth jets "work" on normal Conquest. Its time to farm... i mean play some Air Supperiority.
F35 is still the worst jet. I believe it is somewhat smaller, yes. Airhover only works close to the ground btw.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

Yeah the F-35 is definitely smaller. It's really easy to get a good burst on the J-20 since it's so flat and big.

I have no idea why but while I was playing yesterday I didn't even notice that there's more than 2 MAAs on the new maps. Guess people just generally sucked on the servers I played on. They should still just remove that horrible thing, I seriously don't see the fun in using it. It's OP in BF4 because noobs complained about air vehicles in BF3, well, now they have a new enemy. Seriously, you can sit and snipe people across the map with the 30mm. It's ridicilous.