GC 4v4 Tourney#3! Winner: Scrublnauts! TNI Dethroned!

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

elchino7

Re: GC 4v4 Tourney#3! MARCH 2. BRACKETS & MAPS UPDATED IN OP

Post by elchino7 »

With 10 teams isnt it viable to make a double elimination (it takes more time yes).
Squad rush tends to be fairly quick.

PD: someone needs a player?

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

elchino7 wrote:With 10 teams isnt it viable to make a double elimination (it takes more time yes).
Squad rush tends to be fairly quick.

PD: someone needs a player?
The last 2 times we did it, it took the entire 6 hours that our battledays would normally be on. It takes a surprisingly large amount of time for teams to switch in and out and get ready for the match. A double elimination would take a very... very long time...
Image[/url]
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

haruky wrote:Update 2.21.2013

BRACKETS ARE UP! There were only ten teams. This was the best way to set up the brackets. 4 unlucky teams have to play the first round while the other 6 automatically advance to round 2. The brackets were set up in COMPLETE random in order to be fair.

MAPS!

Judging by what I've heard, it appears that the Aftermath maps are really horrendous for squad rush. Same with the AK maps. So, we'll just be using Vanilla and some of the Karkand maps for the tournament.

:idea: Round 1: Seine Crossing
:idea: Round 2: Strike at Karkand
:idea: Quarter Finals: Damavand Peak
:idea: Semi Finals: Sharqi Peninsula
:idea: Finals: Tehran Highway
WHYYYYY TEHRAN :(
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

haruky, that it is not how you rig a tournament! You're supposed to pair Scrublnauts and TNI in the first round and give yourself a bye. Sigh...

I don't really remember how it worked out the last couple times, but I like the idea of double elimination.
BF3:
C2: [K22S] Kinetic Influence - Senior Operative
C3: [PI3d] PRIDe - Lieutenant
C4: [G1S] Gladius - Sergeant
C5: [KYT] Kitten Adventure Rainbow Time - Private 1st Class
C6: [SIP] International Monetary Fund - Private
BF4
C1: [AD] Allied Forces - Private
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

Henidhor wrote:
I don't really remember how it worked out the last couple times, but I like the idea of double elimination.
I agree it should be double elimination, so I don't have to feel bad about stomping the other team in the first round so they won't be able to play again.
If time is a problem we could use both servers and do 2 at a time?
ImageImage
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

TheYonderGod wrote:
Henidhor wrote:
I agree it should be double elimination, so I don't have to feel bad about stomping the other team in the first round so they won't be able to play again.
If time is a problem we could use both servers and do 2 at a time?
If I recall correctly, there are 3 or so total rounds played. Double elimination would just let everybody play more. Also, it allows the unlucky teams which are initially paired with the best teams to have another chance.

But I think haruky is right about time. Two servers could work, as we do have enough commentators.
BF3:
C2: [K22S] Kinetic Influence - Senior Operative
C3: [PI3d] PRIDe - Lieutenant
C4: [G1S] Gladius - Sergeant
C5: [KYT] Kitten Adventure Rainbow Time - Private 1st Class
C6: [SIP] International Monetary Fund - Private
BF4
C1: [AD] Allied Forces - Private
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Although this may sound like it'll work in theory, due to the idea of keeping things fair, every team must have the chance to play on either server.

So what happens in the case of double elimination is not every team gets the fair chance at playing on each of the servers. Let's say that the winner bracket is on the european server at the moment. Then automatically, the loser bracket HAS to play on the NA server. And let's say winner bracket finish before. That means we have to wait for loser bracket to finish their game or else they just play on Euro server again. Do you see where I'm going with this?
Image[/url]
CorranHorn
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CorranHorn »

Guys I think we need to just play with this format this time and next time if people have ideas for a particular format then you can HELP Haruky with it before he has set everything up.

If possible we could have a group responsible for this tourney as it seems like it is something we all look forward to, as it's a test of our skill set against fellow GC'ers.

For now less just roll with the maps and format and may the best group (or country) win.

Thanks again Haruky, and rule i want to add.... No magnums.... muhahahahahah
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

haruky wrote:Although this may sound like it'll work in theory, due to the idea of keeping things fair, every team must have the chance to play on either server.

So what happens in the case of double elimination is not every team gets the fair chance at playing on each of the servers. Let's say that the winner bracket is on the european server at the moment. Then automatically, the loser bracket HAS to play on the NA server. And let's say winner bracket finish before. That means we have to wait for loser bracket to finish their game or else they just play on Euro server again. Do you see where I'm going with this?
Wait so you're planning on going back and forth between servers every round? Because if not then both teams don't get to play on both servers that way either.
With double elimination the winners bracket could play on 1 server and the losers on another, then the final round could be 1 round on each server.
ImageImage
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

Haruky has organized the past two tournaments, and he's organizing this one, I trust he will do a fine job just how he has done last two tournaments. Everything looks good Haruky, and yea double elimination would take way too long (I remember it from last tournament) and people become tired/lose interest.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

What server settings are we playing on?
MisterInsane

Post by MisterInsane »

Hey, are there any rules for the tournament regarding m320/mav/spawnbeacon etc ?
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

TheYonderGod wrote:
haruky wrote:Although this may sound like it'll work in theory, due to the idea of keeping things fair, every team must have the chance to play on either server.

Wait so you're planning on going back and forth between servers every round? Because if not then both teams don't get to play on both servers that way either.
With double elimination the winners bracket could play on 1 server and the losers on another, then the final round could be 1 round on each server.
No. One "match" is going to be played on one server. That server is determined by a coin flip.
Sarantini wrote:What server settings are we playing on?
I'll update the OP after work tonight but it'll be GC settings, No mini map, no 3d spotting.
MisterInsane wrote:Hey, are there any rules for the tournament regarding m320/mav/spawnbeacon etc ?
Everything is allowed except for glitching!
CorranHorn wrote:Guys I think we need to just play with this format this time and next time if people have ideas for a particular format then you can HELP Haruky with it before he has set everything up.

If possible we could have a group responsible for this tourney as it seems like it is something we all look forward to, as it's a test of our skill set against fellow GC'ers.

For now less just roll with the maps and format and may the best group (or country) win.

Thanks again Haruky, and rule i want to add.... No magnums.... muhahahahahah
<3 <3 <3
Image[/url]
axeman22222

Post by axeman22222 »

haruky wrote:
I'll update the OP after work tonight but it'll be GC settings, No mini map, no 3d spotting.

Everything is allowed except for glitching!
No minimap? But m320 is allowed? Like I understand smoke being allowed but frag?
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Was there no minimap last time? That skews things in the defenders favor pretty hard, but I guess you play both sides so it works out.
ImageImageImage