To all those who hate suppression

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Coloneluber

Re: To all those who hate suppression

Post by Coloneluber »

haruky8 wrote:
bitesizebeef wrote:Yea and I think thats how suppression should work. It adds an actual effect not just making me shoot at a blurry blob. Iv been on the receiving end of suppression fire for real and lets face it I wasnt doing my best shooting when returning fire, so I like that added aspect to the game.
Same here. I don't understand the complaints all that much. If I am shooting a hail of bullets at someone, they shouldn't be able to turn around and kill me very easily.

Problem is that it is overkill now. It only takes a couple bullets to fully suppress someone.
BLYFACTOR

Post by BLYFACTOR »

bet is b4 the Close Quarters DLC and b4 may
GC Battledays (7)
Check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BLYFACTOR?feature=mhee
Epic 64 man Fun Stuff Sign Up hereviewtopic.php?f=2&t=17693&p=189318#p189318
AirborneTR

Post by AirborneTR »

It is okay for me if they want to bring in a system where if I am being shot at it is harder for me to hit my enemy. But the way they implement this is just silly. If they want to make it harder for a suppressed player to hit their opponent, just make the aim bit shakey or something. If I am able to bring my aim on my enemy under this shakey condition, that is my skill. If my aim is on my enemy I expect to register a hit to my enemy. The current system is, as I understand, just sprays your bullets by a factor and even if your aim is on your opponent you may not hit them. It is just luck. If I wanted to play game based on luck I would just roll some dice with a friend, and you know what: it is boring. If two players come accross and they start firing, both will be suppressed and it is up to their luck if one hits another. Why don't they just stop the game when two opponents meet and they each have to roll a dice and smaller one dies. It is no different than that now.
Image | Image | Image | Image | Image
CanShield

Post by CanShield »

Let us not forget Vehicles also get suppressed. This mean those with better server ping times will have, an advantage which is creates imbalance. That is the biggest issue with this patch is it changes this game from those with skill to those who luck out, an it detracts from this game as a whole by forcing players to play game they didn't pay to play.
bitesizebeef

Post by bitesizebeef »

CanShield wrote:Let us not forget Vehicles also get suppressed. This mean those with better server ping times will have, an advantage which is creates imbalance. That is the biggest issue with this patch is it changes this game from those with skill to those who luck out, an it detracts from this game as a whole by forcing players to play game they didn't pay to play.
People still have the same server ping times so there is no more imbalance due to delay than there was before the patch. Theres also a certain amount of skill that goes with being able to engage your target before they have a chance to return fire. Where as if your just running and gunning in close quarters the same amount of skill applies to getting the first shots off as before and if your that close you should just be spraying with your red dot anyway.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

having finally gotten a chance to play a bit last night, I didn't find it to be that much of a problem at all. I actually kinda liked it considering I play support a lot and can just unload clips at a hill or something and keep someone pinned down. when I was on the receiving end of it I just moved and tried to attack from another angle.

that said I never experienced it pre patch, so I have nothing to compare it too other than the lack of the feature in bf2/bc2.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Rolten

Post by Rolten »

The level of suppression is brilliant. You actually suppress now as a support.

However, they have just implemented it wrong. If I have my crosshairs fixed on someone's head and I pull the trigger, he SHOULD die. Physics doesn't change due to suppression.

What DICE should do is increase scope sway if you're suppressed, not change the physics.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Juffalo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Juffalo »

Rolten wrote: What DICE should do is increase scope sway if you're suppressed, not change the physics.
This is by far the best solution I've heard so far.

This way suppression is still effective but the player still feels in control of their shots and has a chance with a fair recoil value. Additionally a more skilled player will still be at an advantage because they can overcome the effects of the sway.
Spookybishop

Post by Spookybishop »

Rolten wrote:The level of suppression is brilliant. You actually suppress now as a support.

However, they have just implemented it wrong. If I have my crosshairs fixed on someone's head and I pull the trigger, he SHOULD die. Physics doesn't change due to suppression.

What DICE should do is increase scope sway if you're suppressed, not change the physics.
Yes, this is probably the best direction they could take it.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Rolten wrote:The level of suppression is brilliant. You actually suppress now as a support.

Isn't blur itself enough of a setback?