bf3 server

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

AlbinoKalle69

Re: bf3 server

Post by AlbinoKalle69 »

Ash2Dust wrote:Im so over the whole unlock and stat padding. That was yesterdays worried news. EA never could stop it and never tried very hard. I'm not worried if so and so has a Uber rank, uber score, or uber unlocks (unless its a nuclear warhead unlock). Yay for them.
That's so true. Let their Mommies be proud of their uber rank :roll:.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

To make it worse, some parts of the unlock system are so broken (aircraft, I'm lookin at you) that it's quickly getting to the point where you have to pad just to make them usable.

I finally got the flares and A2A missiles for jets unlocked, and still couldn't shoot someone down very easily. I know he had below the radar and flares, and I think he might have had an extinguisher. It took forever of wailing on him with the A10 gun and missiles to finally take him down, and I still didn't get the kill.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
dad0ughb0y

Post by dad0ughb0y »

It is almost as if only those who were on the leading edge of the server release for the choppers are able to stay up and do work.

I've gone a few rounds with only being shot down once, but I've also only ended up with like 2 kills and maybe a disable or two for a whole 64 player conquest game.
-Dough
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

I sat in the chopper for the first time last night. It was only for one 'life' and was able to get my first unlock really easily... I just had to fire my gun into a flag zone. I understand that it's tough for people without flares to get some stuff done, but they really aren't that hard to get.

Either way, stat padding of any kind on a =GC= server is forbidden. We can't accept it from pubbies that join on our server, and so we cannot allow our own players to do it either.
Hi!
Hashey

Post by Hashey »

Another thing you could do to get some stuff for the choppers is just be a gunner for one of the guys who has some more unlocks in them. I can fly or gun pretty good with the chopper, so I could always be a pilot for a bit when you want some unlocks.

As for the jets, I agree. Atm they are too underpowered against tanks on the ground. I'm not saying they should be total domination whores, but atm (aswell as some weird bugs making the ceiling too low) it's hard to get many kills with the jets on ground targets.

Also, there is too much lockable AA available while the jets/choppers are just too squishy.
dad0ughb0y

Post by dad0ughb0y »

To clarify, I agree... stat padding is not cool. Getting in as a gunner is an easy way to get the flares if you know someone that already has some skill/unlocks in the chopper.

Now that I've got a bunch of the unlocks, I'm trying to figure out what makes for the best options and trying to really work on the aiming and fly-n-gun tactics.
-Dough
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Euro server appears to be up and running...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/se ... ro-Server/

So, when are we going to have a NA server online?
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!