bf4

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

AdmiralGiggles

Re: bf4

Post by AdmiralGiggles »

Frosteyy wrote:Im sad and a tad disappointed DICE didnt show the M16 YOLOSWAGCANNON in the presentation. They must be saving the best for last. k:
maybe they got rid of it ;)
Róka

Post by Róka »

Jokerle wrote:vehicles will have limited ammo.
I think it is a good thing. Some pause from the air-rape on some maps :thumbup:
I actually like that... I just wonder where exactly you have to go to repair/rearm.
elchino7 wrote: -Its a personal taste but i would love if the building didnt collapse so fast. Would love to fight on an unstable structure for some mins before it falls down.
It actually wasn't that quick. I mean, the squad was still shooting while building began leaning, and they kept cutting the amount of time it took for them to parachute down to ground level, and then they still had a good 10-15 seconds of watching the building actually fall.
ImageImage
Frosteyy

Post by Frosteyy »

AdmiralGiggles wrote:
Frosteyy wrote:Im sad and a tad disappointed DICE didnt show the M16 YOLOSWAGCANNON in the presentation. They must be saving the best for last. k:
maybe they got rid of it ;)
Well there goes 25% of sales out the door. (y)
C5: LOD/Corporal
Róka

Post by Róka »

ImageImage
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

]DarkLord7854Battlelog Developer 15 points 2 hours ago
There is proper spectator, that's how we're live streaming the game on the floor this week
e-sports will have fun
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

phpBB [video]
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

you can see the boat has 30/30 ammo, but when he shoots all the 30 rounds and reloads, it comes back to 30/30
it doesn't have any ammo limitation.

i don't see the point of the destructible flag point.
as soon as one team caps it, the other team would simply destroy the building. 99% of the game would be fighting on the rubble. so whats the point? display cool graphics?
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

I don't care, if you didn't think that the building collapsing into the sea was the most baller supr ep1c doodicles thing thet uve evr seen in mltiplyr.. then don't play that map! Some people hate metro conquest 64v, but the beauty is that you dont have to play metro if you don't want to :D
I'd think the same thing applies in BF4
the end is really fµcking nigh
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

Tea-Assault wrote:I Some people hate metro conquest 64v, but the beauty is that you dont have to play metro if you don't want to :D
I'd think the same thing applies in BF4
what are you talking about, everyone has to play metro, is not a choice!!!
C3:ImageC6Image
Róka

Post by Róka »

Necromancer wrote:you can see the boat has 30/30 ammo, but when he shoots all the 30 rounds and reloads, it comes back to 30/30
it doesn't have any ammo limitation.

i don't see the point of the destructible flag point.
as soon as one team caps it, the other team would simply destroy the building. 99% of the game would be fighting on the rubble. so whats the point? display cool graphics?
That's completely your own choice. No one said you have to destroy the building. Why would you tell your team to focus all their forces on destroying just because they capped it? Just cap it back. It's simply a choice that you have - no one is forcing it on you.
In fact, you don't even have to play the map if you don't want to.
ImageImage
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

Stairs to get into the top floor??

I imagine a lot of claymores/c4 on those elevators...

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

then you must absolutely LOVE movies like battleship.
BIG stuff exploding on the screen.

what did you think? there won't be destructible environment in BF4? sure that building collapsing amazed me too, but now that i think about it its serves no real purpose but to show off. as it looks from the vid its outcome is inevitable.
i don't by games because they have nice graphics or cool animation.

adding the sort of "parkour" ability in BRINK was cool, but it didn't help the gameplay, it actually made it worse since it didn't matter where the stairs for the 2nd level were, you could climb up to the 2nd story anywhere you wanted. The map is a big part of the gameplay. The access it gives and the restrictions it imposes.
i don't really care if the trees move or not. honestly i'd rather have a still tree then a giant trunk shaking like a vibrator. does not make it any more realistic, sorry.

for example, on of the things i didn't really like in COH, which was a great game, is that you could almost completely destroy the environment, but then you end up with a plain battle field. whats interesting about that? the map that had some unique form at the start became ordinary open field like.

@Róka
i doubt you have stairs to get up there, would take you all game to reach the top floor once.
even if you do, and use the elevators, i can't imagine its a fair fight. the doors of the elevator opens into an ambush.
i can imagine how the doors open and - you're dead. you don't even know what hit you. fortunately we have the text at the bottom to tell us it was m320 and not the nades, RPGs, shotguns and all the other cool stuff.

if i can't take it, why would i let the other team have a free flag? imagine this is GC, wouldn't you bring it down to make it more fair? i know i would. especially if we can ruin your party up there, end your killing spree and see a giant building collapsing in the process.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
LongBowNL
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LongBowNL »

Stream starts in an hour

12:30 Local Time in LA
19:30 UTC
20:30 GMT
21:30 CEST
22:30 Moscow
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Necromancer wrote:then you must absolutely LOVE movies like battleship.
BIG stuff exploding on the screen.

what did you think? there won't be destructible environment in BF4? sure that building collapsing amazed me too, but now that i think about it its serves no real purpose but to show off. as it looks from the vid its outcome is inevitable.
i don't by games because they have nice graphics or cool animation.
THEN. DON'T.

Seriously. Just ignore it and move on. No need to run around and try and spoil it for the rest of us.
Róka

Post by Róka »

Necromancer wrote:@Róka
i doubt you have stairs to get up there, would take you all game to reach the top floor once.
even if you do, and use the elevators, i can't imagine its a fair fight. the doors of the elevator opens into an ambush.
i can imagine how the doors open and - you're dead. you don't even know what hit you. fortunately we have the text at the bottom to tell us it was m320 and not the nades, RPGs, shotguns and all the other cool stuff.

if i can't take it, why would i let the other team have a free flag? imagine this is GC, wouldn't you bring it down to make it more fair? i know i would. especially if we can ruin your party up there, end your killing spree and see a giant building collapsing in the process.
Who said anything about stairs? And there are tons of ways to get up there, including tactical ways to avoid an ambush from a fraking elevator (unless all you think is to mindlessly run into them).
ImageImage