2142 Preorders....

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

WoodenPlank

2142 Preorders....

Post by WoodenPlank »

EB games is offering preorders on their website for 2142.
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?prod ... d=B646574A
The preorder bonus is a 64MB flash drive, with (among other things) an exclusive "rank up".

Can we shoot someone now? As if rank whoring wasnt bad enough in BF2, it looks like itll be worse in 2142 already.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

I say boycott it. Anybody else?
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

yes to tiberian's idea
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Daywrecker

Post by Daywrecker »

You know you'll buy it. Unless Battlefield 3 comes out a couple months after, i can see 2142 being iplemented into GC somehow. Who here has BF:Vietam? Sure EA isn't perfect, but who is? Name a computer game company that's made an absolutely perfect game and resolves everyones gripes. Even prestigious id made mistakes in Doom 3. I preordered BF2142 cause i know i'll buy it eventually, and i have no flash drive and my Microsoft mouse is crapping out on me. So whatever the rebate is on the logitech mouse, i'll take it. Plus some other crap. A new keyboard maybe?
--- Campaign 6 [SFB] --- --- Campaign 5 [HH] --- --- Campaign 4 [SCUM] ---
Image --------- Image ---------------- Image
--- Campaign 3 [SCUM] --- --- Campaign 2 [EC] ---
Image - Image
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

i agree with daywrecker if any body thinks thiers a perfect games company out thier then maybe its time you stop playing games and find something more serious to do i'm unemployed but will be buying
BF2142 the same day i can afford it.
and thats when it becomes available.
Camp2 Staff Sergeant.MadRat E.C/1st Egyptian
Camp3 :Howler (Sergeant).MadRat Simian Crusader Uber Mercenaries/Armored Ape Brigade Image
Camp4: Buttermonkey(2ndLieutenant).MadRat SCUM Raiders/Tank/Monkey
Camp5:Private.MadRat Hogan's Heroes/Baker's Sneaky Bastard's
Campaign 6 : 2nd Lieutenant.MadRat Operation: X/=SAS= Special Assault Squad
Campaign 7 : Pirate.MadRat Neutrals/Pirates
Campaign 8 : Recruit.MadRat Interpol/Recruits
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

yes to tiberian
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

yes I will eventually get 2142 but considering it is going to be a huge system hog I dont know when cause I want to get a new video card/processor first, and I am currently unemployed so it isnt very high on my list of things to get
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
uberscooby

Post by uberscooby »

If I have the cash around and play.com or somewhere else has it for 25 GBP I'll buy it. Although its not on my list to run out and buy unlike Sims 2 pets yay! cant wait for that one.

The killing game/mod I'm desperate to play is Forgotten Hope 2 :) cant wait for that and I'd pay for it to but I'm very glad I dont have to be so poor and all.
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

I know that no company can make a perfect game, but to release 2142 before they've finished working out bugs in BF2 just makes me think that we're looking at another BFV. Unfortunately, I'll probably buy it.
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

If there's more than one GC member buying it, it'll be played here. Fact.
For a campaign... we'll see what it offers.
I realy like to try it ( never tryed BFV ) but I hope FH2 gets more or the same dl than 2142 sells
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

I've had it on preorder for a good 3 days now :P Sure, EA/Dice have a habit of releasing unfinished games... but so does everyone else in the industry. I'm getting it for a change of scenary... consider it like the biggest expansion release they have so far for BF2 :P
Hi!

Post by Guest »

Quake Wars is supposed to be the next big game.

I think I might wait.
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

I'll probably buy Armed Assault or Quake Wars first...

I find that far more inticing then 2142, which looks a lot like Mechwarrior to me.
deathbot9000

Post by deathbot9000 »

haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love, I don't even want, none of the above, I want to mech on you
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

Lol :lol: