BF2142 Beta downloadable

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Gravis

BF2142 Beta downloadable

Post by Gravis »

Dont know if you can log on and play yet (still downloading 1.16gb) but im downloading it no and have my key.

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/bf ... ening.aspx

You must be a paying subscriber to join the beta.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

What a f****** ripoff. I decided to renew my dead FP subscription, did the beta test fillin, agreed to the NDA....and got this.

"You have been accepted into the Battlefield 2142 beta however all beta slots are currently filled. You will receive an email message when your beta slot has opened!"

Holy hell. I officially want to kill IGN, and Im damned close to going to the bank tomorrow and denying the charges on my card. All GCers be warned, theyre NOT giving everyone a crack at the beta right off.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
Interfusi0n

Post by Interfusi0n »

I've been a FP subscriber for months now and I didn't make it in yet either. Hopefully they'll open up more slots soon. I don't think you have a legitimate grievance with fileplanet since the contract you agreed to with them doesn't guarantee you a slot in the BF2142 beta. I do understand how pissed you are though. I would be, too.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattle ... id=1934705

Theres the protest thread on PBF forums.

Inter, their initial advertising said ALL SUBSCRIBERS would have access. None of this BS about limited keys and staged key releases.
Gravis

Post by Gravis »

sorry guys :(.... i got into it and your not missing way too much... all the servers are euro and lags... alot of the game components dont work right (titan moving causes vehicle damage etc...

Im sure everyone will get a key soon

Post by Guest »

I got in also.

Gravis is right, laggy servers.

Ping around 108.

Looks promising.

Only 4 kits.

Nice guns.

Tank turrets dont rotate. The tanks strafe. Kinda cool.

Little Buggies are fun to drive.

Serious anihilation.

I am not sold on it yet though.
Gravis

Post by Gravis »

Xrcist wrote:I got in also.

Gravis is right, laggy servers.

Ping around 108.

Looks promising.

Only 4 kits.

Nice guns.

Tank turrets dont rotate. The tanks strafe. Kinda cool.

Little Buggies are fun to drive.

Serious anihilation.

I am not sold on it yet though.

Only the hover tank turret doesnt rotate... thats its balance.... the other sides tank has a zoom :)
gribble

Post by gribble »

Gravis wrote:sorry guys :(.... i got into it and your not missing way too much... all the servers are euro and lags... alot of the game components dont work right (titan moving causes vehicle damage etc...

Im sure everyone will get a key soon
ok then, give me the file and your key, i am euro :-)

I recently heard that there will be some fileplanet-similar thing for the euro area.. I think i just have to be patient.
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

WoodenPlank wrote:What a f****** ripoff. I decided to renew my dead FP subscription, did the beta test fillin, agreed to the NDA....and got this.

"You have been accepted into the Battlefield 2142 beta however all beta slots are currently filled. You will receive an email message when your beta slot has opened!"

Holy hell. I officially want to kill IGN, and Im damned close to going to the bank tomorrow and denying the charges on my card. All GCers be warned, theyre NOT giving everyone a crack at the beta right off.
Why are you trying to download it when you sig says "No to bf2142..." :) :) :)
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email
Timtif

Post by Timtif »

Community Update - 8/17/06

Attention Soldiers!

After much anticipation the Battlefield 2142™ Tuning Beta is officially ready for release!

Today we will begin granting access to players to experience our latest title hands on in full ranked play! With our partner IGN we will begin distributing the Beta and granting access to the forums for players to provide feedback and report bugs. The scope of this beta is highly focused on seeking out player feedback on soldier kits, vehicles, and our new Titan game mode.

Because of this tight focus on game play we have asked that our server providers only host Titan game mode servers. Rest assured that this is not a sign that we are moving away from our excellent standard of conquest game play. We want to ensure that our new Titan Mode has the same fluid action, intense combat and complete fun that our conquest game play has always had.

As the weeks progress we will increase the number of players in the Beta to allow for additional server stress testing. We will also be posting poll and discussion questions into the forums to help initiate player feedback.

We will also be working closely with clan groups to get feedback on game tuning and tactics from the competitive player’s point of view. Please make sure to visit the forums and speak with us about your thoughts on Battlefield 2142. We are eager to play along side everyone so be sure to keep your eyes open for those [DICE] and [EA] soldiers.

Be certain to keep your eyes on our new in-game news ticker and this space for all the latest Battlefield 2142 news!

- Your Battlefield Team
=GC= Campaign 3 : RED'S DEVIL BRIGADE 3R*PFC Image 2xBattleServiceR.,BlackOpsR.,SupportM.,SquadUnitCitation,InfantryAssaultM.,LeadershipM.
=GC= Campaign 4 : S.C.U.M Raiders RT*PFC/RA*SSG Image BlackOps
=GC= Campaign 5 : Operation X -> RONIN -> Hogans Heros HD*SGT Image Black Operations,GC Teamplayer Recognision,Squad Unit Citation,Leadership Medal
=GC= Campaign 6 : Stonies's Fearless Bandits SA*SARImage Battle Service,Black Operations,Campaign Winner,2xAir Combat M,The Gold Star,2xSquad Unit Citation
ImageImage Image
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A VOTEABLE MEMBER
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

Since when are you in the battlefield team timi? :lol: Anyway, can't wait to see what BS EA has done with this battlefield.......
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General

Post by Guest »

Mat-d-rat wrote:
WoodenPlank wrote:What a f****** ripoff. I decided to renew my dead FP subscription, did the beta test fillin, agreed to the NDA....and got this.

Why are you trying to download it when you sig says "No to bf2142..." :) :) :)
Good Point.
Gravis

Post by Gravis »

Next round of beta keys are set for the 24th
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Just because I dont think we should support 2142 until BF2 is fixed DOESNT mean Id like to play 2142. It just pisses me off that they seem to care so little to fix BF2. Id still like to see first-hand what the new stuff in 2142 is like.
Gravis

Post by Gravis »

If anyone wants to download it but didnt get a key yet

http://www.fileplanet.com/166539/160000 ... eta-Client

Heres the link