BF2142 Demo release date

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Vortex wrote: They've released two maps, am I missing something, playing the game some more, I find it really easy for snipers to own, but the titan battles are always fun.
The titan battles are fun, but I got tired of them really quick because when someone decides that moving the titan is the best thing to do, I get terrible lag.

also, snipers still get scope drift, and in the real game there is a scope stabilizer to stop that...more sniper ownage? :?
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Vortex

Post by Vortex »

Yer the scope drift made me think of COD2, hopefully the stabilizer only last for a a limited time, I don't know if the titian moves automatically or someone else does it, ever way, tactics for attacking a titan would be interesting.
KILL to DIE
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

The 2 maps released - One with the beta and one with the demo.

Titan - The commander on each team can move their own titan. It is just very slow.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
Vortex

Post by Vortex »

ahhhh I see, O poo, I never got the beta!
KILL to DIE
Redman

Post by Redman »

I really like the Titan mode, especially if you are playing with an organized squad on TS.

I have only been playing the Demo for a couple of days but the cool part abot Titan is that it is like playing two different maps to me.

You start out on the ground and like conquest you are fighting for control points, silos in this case versus flags. But instead of bleed you need more silos to take out the enemy titan's shield quicker than they can take out yours. As long as your shield is up your titan can not be boarded so defending it is useless, need to be on the ground taking silos.

But after the shields go down it is a whole different ball game. If your enemies shield goes down first you need to press the attack before they can mount a defense.

If yours goes down you need to get back to the titan ASAP. In the demo, the defense of the reactor consoles in the titan reminds me of the opening scenes of Star Wars where the stormtroopers are trying to board and the rebels are lined up behind any cover they can find in the passageways. But that is only in the demo, once the full game comes out and you can rank up and get things like grenades then I would hate to be in those corridors. I hate grenades! :evil:
ImageImageImage
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A VOTEABLE MEMBER
Camapign 4: Pirate Redman/NeutralImage
Campaign 3: Army General Redman/High CommandImage
Campaign 2 : Captain.Redman U.S./75th Ranger RegimentImage
Gravis

Post by Gravis »

you will hate the c4 (or c7 whatever they call it) even more in corridors.... the beta had the unlocks... nades work well and are also very hard to see...

Ive only played the demo for 10 minutes and got pissed that they took out the unlocks for the demo... not worth playing without em imo
deathbot9000

Post by deathbot9000 »

if I could get into a server for more than 5 minutes w/o either getting the 'lost connection to master server' or crashing to desktop I could form an opinion of the game.

I dunno what happened, but Friday and Sat I had no problems playing...from Sunday on I haven't been able to play more than 5 minutes.
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

I really don't like the idea of having to unlock grenades and the other usefull tools you need to do your job.

I think BF is getting more and more "arcade" in every revision. I really have no intrest in the series anymore.
Gravis

Post by Gravis »

unlocking is so much easier in 2142... first unlock comes in about 15 minutes of playtime
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

Then why not just give them to us to start? What's the point?

When you unlock grenades for one class do you unlock grenades for all the classes, or do you have to get four unlocks to have grenades for them all?
Gravis

Post by Gravis »

with gernades yes it unlocks for all classes... some classes have specific unlocks while there are global ones which would be the sl unlocks and gernades plus stim packs at and such