Miami Server is up and running

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

This server is not playable. Pings are low but dis-connects and what appears to be lag makes this server not an option for next week.

Also it appears that GC was not prepared at all for today. The right maps were not on the servers and no one to change them.
Philippx1991

Post by Philippx1991 »

yeah i agree with vonkrieg!
really laggy and some connection problems!
=GC=Campaign8:Image

=GC=Campaign3:Image =GC=Campaign4:no bling bling=GC=Campaign5:Image

=GC=Campaign6:Image=GC=Campaign7:Image
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

Yep, average ping for me was too high, and got disconnected twice (only played an hour).
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

I had no problems - high ping but no lag......
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
bakeratc

Post by bakeratc »

Well we had our first test of the Miami server today and I must say I was a little disappointed in the performance of it for not only the EUROs but also for NA's. I've opened a ticket with Hypernia to see if there is anything on their end they can do (i.e. hardware or Location Change).

In the meantime, I'll be shopping around for possibly another server in VA or NY.

More to follow. Any inputs you all can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
BAKERATC
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Some things to ask or think about.

Possibly 2 instances of BF2 running making it laggy?
Are we able to reboot the server?

We share a box with someone else?

Is the lag only on Saturday?
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

Ash2Dust wrote:Are we able to reboot the server?

We share a box with someone else?

Is the lag only on Saturday?
Yes, No, No idea. Don't know if the other ranked servers have been running. If they did it's of course worth a try shutting them down before and have only the unranked server running.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Can we get any spiffy CPU usage and bandwidth report on the box like Phil posts? Any kind of monitoring tools?
bakeratc

Post by bakeratc »

We had the ranked server running initially along side the unranked. No one was in the ranked one, but shut it down anyways. Pings dropped about 5-8ms for the euros, but I could have been imagining things.

Server still rubberbanded for us NA guys and Euros lagged around 150ish.

Going to see what we can come up with.
BAKERATC
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

It's a Server with a Pentium 4 3,4Ghz, 1gb Ram, 10Mbit network with Windows 2003.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

I've disabled like a dozen services. Services.exe was using up way too much Cpu. No idea exactly caused it but it's gone right now. Please hop on the bf2 ranked or 2142 ranked and check if the lags are still there.
Charger

Post by Charger »

Hey! The spikes seemed to have disappeared from my ping attempts.
This looks promising. You must have shut down that spyware service in 2142, which was pulsing all our combined most personal cyber secrets to EA. Kudos, Phil. :wink:
bakeratc

Post by bakeratc »

I spoke with several other server organizations. They all recommended only running one server on our current configuration. Phil turned some unnecessary things off and POE2 is installed as well as BF2/BF2SF unranked for battle days.

I am still in need of locating the server versions of the custom maps so they can be installed and ready to go. The .exe client files will not work as expected.

We need to stress test the server on Tuesday to see if "ANY" improvements have occured from all of our attempts to remedy the current situation.

So if everyone would be so kind as to let us try it out again on Tuesday! Please do not sign off simply because we are going to move to the NA server. If we don't test it, we won't know how to fix it or if our fix attempts are helping.

Thanks!
BAKERATC
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

The unranked server is installed with Special Forces, Poe2 and all Custom Maps i know of. I mirrored the euro servers levels folder when i set it up. The .exe installers won't work. The installer is looking for a registry key which doesn't exist on a system which doesn't have Bf2 installed.
bakeratc

Post by bakeratc »

I installed the 4 missing custom maps last night with some help from Titi; thanks Titi.

They should all be up and running. Phil has set up the server so our Server Admins should be able to start and stop the individual servers via BF2CC/BF2142CC.

Still waiting on an answer on the Remote Admin program.
BAKERATC