Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Stonie
Executive
Executive

Working towards Campaign 10

Post by Stonie »

Dear Members,

After the victory of the Red Army, you guys cant wait to get to start campaign 10.

There are a few discussions goin on in the luxurues chambers up there.

We will put up a time line very shortly. In the meanwhile Total Focus Haz is gonna organise the intercampaign.

You can expect posts made for c10 about:
TA voulanteers.
Generals and officers.
Group draft.

In the development forums, is a lot of work for people who have modding skills, and want to mod some great maps to vannila.

Our Votable members can discuss various rules or rule changes they like.

Wheels are set in motion to prepare C10
Last edited by Stonie on Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

woot @ stonie and execs for their always good hard work.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
cRazYstEvE

Post by cRazYstEvE »

And when will C10 starts?
C8 | GFB : Sgt. Image C9 | Red Army : Cpl. Image
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

cRazYstEvE wrote:And when will C10 starts?
That will depend on the development of C10.
I can put up a schedule as soon the new Tournament Admins are selected.

In the Development forum I started a discussion about customizing maps from various mods (like POE, DC, PR, etc) to vanilla. So we can rule out playing mods. Until now we needed the mods to fill our large campaign map.

Let me try to make an estimation...........
Lets say between 6 and 8 weeks before C10 battle for initiative.
cRazYstEvE

Post by cRazYstEvE »

Stonie wrote: Let me try to make an estimation...........
Lets say between 6 and 8 weeks before C10 battle for initiative.
puh 2 month a long time . :roll:
C8 | GFB : Sgt. Image C9 | Red Army : Cpl. Image
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

Preparing a campaign is very time consuming.
It just takes it time.

It is not uncommon that we have a campaign break of min. 6 weeks.
The fastest turn around time I have seen was 4 weeks.

It is not that we have a scenario ready in case a campaign ends. So if it ends we can fire a new one up within 2 weeks.

Just to give an idea what all need to be done:
TA's must be approached. They have to:
:arrow: Review C9 rules, discuss adjustments (if needed)
:arrow: Map pool need to be established
:arrow: Draft lists must be established
:arrow: Map lists has to be made
:arrow: Campaign map has to be made on new theme (if generals want to)

Generals need to be picked. They have to:
:arrow: Create their new army, unless willing to copy a previous one (You can imagine that the new general want to customize his army so it has his personal stamp on it)
:arrow: Create the ranks in ABC
:arrow: Create the medals in ABC
:arrow: Forums introductions
:arrow: Prepare the officers draft
:arrow: Prepare the group and individual draft (131 names)
:arrow: Prepare the territory draft
:arrow: Prepare the map draft
:arrow: Map and divisions placements on the campaign map

And everything else I forgot to mention.

I know it is a long time, but you see it is also a long list.
Again members of Global Conflict are trying to make Campaign 10 the best campaign in history.

So in the meantime, all the work is being done behind the scenes. You can help out. Since you very eager to play, join our TS server when you play.
Invite people you meet on the battlefield, to our TS and keep them here so they can join you in the next campaign.
MorpheusPT

Post by MorpheusPT »

when are the TA's being chosen and announced? :)
Morph
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

Review C9 rules, discuss adjustments (if needed)
ähhm... wasn't that for the votables ? and maybe do /make it public so everyone knows new rules early, just in case :wink:
Ramrod64

Post by Ramrod64 »

6-8 weeks is really too long imo, in that time especially the new guys who just joined gc forget it!
I don't know why &we always have to change something after a campaign! And maybe just fix what got wrong in the last.

Campaign map why this one have to be that huge?? or needed more maps?! some of them won't be played in the campaign cause it was is locked from other maps around...

I don't think that there is a change need the mainproblems were the result of a intern army issues. Unbalancing...

Only my opinion (you can delete this if this not fits in here!)

Ramrod, out

PS: I won't recruiting guys till 4 weeks before the next campaign starts. I cant promise some guys on a pub weekly battles if there is such a long precampaign phase is running!
Ramrod, out!

Cu on Battlefield of =Global-Conflict=
current Campaign:
a432

Post by a432 »

ähhm... wasn't that for the votables ? and maybe do /make it public so everyone knows new rules early, just in case Wink
Yeah please do, that was very annoying this campaign. If the TA's change the interpretation of the rules let us know. On the forums and on the wiki.

However my greatest wish is that this campaign is balanced skill wise. I was on the winning side, but that was greatly to due to the amount of skilled veterans and experience leaders we had compared to the other side.
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Maybe if we organized some Battle Races, maybe some knifing comps, GC Olympics, Rocket Ball etc to replace the battle days during those 6-8 weeks things wouldn't seem so far away eh? Of course that's up to the community, usually while the TA's and Execs are worrying about the campaign, some of community members step up and organize these things. That way not only do you become a lot more popular, you show the big guys that maybe your ready to play a more important role in other areas of the community.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

well dag hit us up with some rocketball and grace us with your return to glory. 8)
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Total_focus_haz

Post by Total_focus_haz »

i have been thinking bout the pre-live rules:

What if

1. pre-live no team can take more than one flag and they cannot take a flag past the half way stage on the map selected, if it is a 16 player map then no flag are captured! this should stop enemies floating into main uncaps off their enemy.
AngelOne
Senator
Senator

Post by AngelOne »

Total_focus_haz wrote:i have been thinking bout the pre-live rules:

What if

1. pre-live no team can take more than one flag and they cannot take a flag past the half way stage on the map selected, if it is a 16 player map then no flag are captured! this should stop enemies floating into main uncaps off their enemy.
Sounds a good idea TFH, but that was also tried in C9, but without joy. The fact was, it did not stop the TK'ing which as we all know was a rule set in C9. I am all for building a ring away from the commanders and SL's and let those who want to TK, knife the crap out of each other before the start. Don't use guns as they make too much noise :lol: Let's see what the rules say for C10 :?
C12:¦1LT - C11:¦TA - C10:¦TA - C9:¦TA - C8:¦Cpt - C7:¦2LT - C6:¦SGT - C5:¦PFC - C4:¦PFC - C3:¦PVT
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Fanne wrote:
Review C9 rules, discuss adjustments (if needed)
ähhm... wasn't that for the votables ? and maybe do /make it public so everyone knows new rules early, just in case :wink:
C9 rules and campaign were voter approved. The HC of both sides were reminded weekly from the start to discuss with their airforce that pilots/air equipment on pads were offlimits. After 6 (?) weeks it was publically announced since it had not improved. Even then pilots still flew to enemy carriers shooting jets and helos not yet lifted off. But if someone got kicked, bloody murder was screamed. Every kick reviewed showed it was a valid kick and there were at least 2 other pilots that werent caught. C10 TAs will need alot of help/support in resolving this.