Battlegroup-Frontlines

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

ramboon wrote:Isn't it what GC needs? something different and familiar withal??
At least this is what I would prefer; tank companies who are good at tanks and Infantry who are good at bolt action.

In BF2 there are no challenges left for us, almost everybody is good at everything so tank companies are infantry companies as well.

Maybe this mod gives us the opportunity to develop something in GC which has been existed but forgotten.

Lets form an army like it should be formed instead of pointing out imaginary difficulties.
So what are we going to do? Are we going to sit down and modify the things that bother us in this mod? Are we going to hold a vote? What about all the work fishy is putting into the POE2 maps? Are we going to convert them over to BGF?
Loki-009

Post by Loki-009 »

Von_Krieg wrote:
speed_demon wrote: bolt-action rifles.
Yea Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
seconded and thirded.. I got a happy.
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

DaGrooved1 wrote:So what are we going to do? Are we going to sit down and modify the things that bother us in this mod? Are we going to hold a vote? What about all the work fishy is putting into the POE2 maps? Are we going to convert them over to BGF?
The thing that bothered us in BF2 didnt prevent us from playing 10 campaigns on that game. If we seek a mod to get something different, why would we try to modify that mod...
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."
-Winston Churchill
cVetko

Post by cVetko »

StarLord wrote:
DaGrooved1 wrote:So what are we going to do? Are we going to sit down and modify the things that bother us in this mod? Are we going to hold a vote? What about all the work fishy is putting into the POE2 maps? Are we going to convert them over to BGF?
The thing that bothered us in BF2 didnt prevent us from playing 10 campaigns on that game. If we seek a mod to get something different, why would we try to modify that mod...
to even consider comparing bf2 and bfg mod ...its just unimaginable.... bfg isnt even a game as far as im concerned... i mean i guess u could force urself to play that if ur a reality freak .. but if ur anywhere in the vacinity of bf series fan its unplayable... its like the first draft of a very bad game...
mama...
MorpheusPT

Post by MorpheusPT »

cVetko wrote:
to even consider comparing bf2 and bfg mod ...its just unimaginable.... bfg isnt even a game as far as im concerned... i mean i guess u could force urself to play that if ur a reality freak .. but if ur anywhere in the vacinity of bf series fan its unplayable... its like the first draft of a very bad game...
sweet
StarLord wrote:The thing that bothered us in BF2 didnt prevent us from playing 10 campaigns on that game. If we seek a mod to get something different, why would we try to modify that mod...
You've been here last campaign. there were slight attendance problems, and you would imagine. People struggled to get 10 guys per side to get some game going. What do you think will be different this campaign?

I mean, bf2 is great, i play it regularly because it's still fun to hop in a jet, and kill some people. But you can't compare the numbers you see now, with the numbers you saw 1 or 2 years ago...
Morph
speed_demon

Post by speed_demon »

Yeah this release of BGF leaves much to be desired. People complain of lag issues on the large maps and other small stuff...and its obvious they rushed it to get out before FH2...which according to my reliable sources is set for ~2 weeks (optimistic estimation), and 100% sure it will be out before new year's unless the earth implodes.
GC BF1942:
5A|2|Pfc|*
6A|M|Capt.
7R|1|Sgt.*

@8-Maj.
GC BF2:
C1: US|SF|Lt.
C2: 3E*PVT
C7: BA*CPL
C8: ]C[Csm
C9: Neutral
Ghostly

Post by Ghostly »

Weel I download the mod and give it a run to check how it looks. No harm in that. I will install the oy=ther one in , if the earth doesn't exploded, two or three weeks..... It seems like a nice varions for playing!!!!
Ghostly Greetings

"knowledge is power"
mem :OZC 6gb triple channel
graph : ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
Power : Antec Throughpower 850 Watt
box : Antec 182 black
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

Moved to Battlefield Series News.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Sounds like BGF needs feedback in their forums about the current release.

I had alot of fun with their BG42 for BF1942 in the GC campaigns.
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

You guys didnt get what I meant.

Dagrooved kept talking about modding something... Personnally I still prefer BF2 vanilla over all the other mod and custom maps we tried. I wasnt defending BGF, even if from my point of view is a nice mod. I was replying to the suposition that IF we would pick that mod we would need to modify it. There is already a dedicated team working on it, so why would we try to modify that... To make it a little bit more like Vannilla BF2? Then why would we pick that mod in the first place...

I still like Vanilla BF2 a lot, and GC way of playing on it even more! But we have probs on numbers, and even if the game I a FEW years old, don't tell me that this is why we dont see a full 64 players server on GC battleday and even on BOTH blackops. There is still a lot of player playing BF2, I dont have any problem finding a full 64 players server up for pubbing. I still play games that are way older, and lol, CS is old in comparison, and I hate that game, and it still got more people playing it than BF2 :P
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."
-Winston Churchill
Dogma75

Post by Dogma75 »

MorpheusPT wrote: some home-made thermonuclear bombs? lol
Don't mention these words again!! In germany ppl got arrested by the BKA for less :twisted:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
sig made by Rob / thx bro
Dogma75

Post by Dogma75 »

speed_demon wrote:Yeah this release of BGF leaves much to be desired. People complain of lag issues on the large maps and other small stuff...and its obvious they rushed it to get out before FH2...which according to my reliable sources is set for ~2 weeks (optimistic estimation), and 100% sure it will be out before new year's unless the earth implodes.
FH2 seems to be good. But if we try to play it arn't there conflicts with the Forgotten Honor Tournament? Will they not use it when it comes out? Do we in the case we use FH2 when its out not decimate the community of both tournaments cauze we target the same mod / era / WW2?
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
sig made by Rob / thx bro
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

It appears that the BGF mod hasn't been accepted by enough at GC to gain any hold here. Perhaps in the future with new releases we can revisit it or if enough energy and interest is available a group can use it on our servers at a different time than our regular battles.

C10 will either play with the new GCMod that Fishy, Matsif and Speed et al have been working on if it passes testing, or we will go with something similar to C9 while it is refined in time for C11.

FH2 will obviously be tested and commented on by certain members here but unless it is truly brilliant I can't see us considering it for C10. Either way, we regularly communicate with certain members at FHope and maintain a good relationship with the leadership there because both communities recognize that it doesn't make sense to step on each others toes. I see no reason why that relationship shouldn't continue into the future.

Non of the above are set in concrete though. They are just directions we are heading in.