Current Open Positions Available At GC

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

DaGrooved1

Current Open Positions Available At GC

Post by DaGrooved1 »

This is a list of the current positions we need filled here at GC. This list will be updated etc, but this is a basic outline. Obviously all these positions will still answer too and be overseen by the Executive Senate, however we will not be so stingy with the handing out of powers etc as needed. If you feel you are ready to step up and become a respected and important part of this community, please post below. Example:
Name: DaGrooved1

Position Applying For: Graphics Admin

Personal Summary: I've been with GC for 4 years now, I have some skills with Paintshop, minor skills in PHP etc, a long history of positions with GC...etc, etc.
Once you apply we will contact you for further information and to schedule for an interview if we feel one is needed. Updates to follow

Position: Lead Site Admin

Summary: The Big Man, The Head Honcho, The Master of Our Domain. Position currently held by Tube Steak.

Job: To help us get our website back on track in terms of updating our software, giving our website a fresh new look, managing and fixing any current or future problems with our website, as well as adding features etc that would improve the overall quality of the site.

Pre-Req: You must have experience with with websites, I shouldn't have to explain what that means. You should know what PHP, PHPBB, HTML, etc, a general idea of how to use it, and how to be a responsible admin in general. We will be holding interview for this position, since you will be
dealing with our most important asset, our website. You will have a lot of power and respect and we need to make sure you can get the job done effectively without compromise.

Team: At this time we do not feel additional site admins

would be necessary. You have the graphics team to do the graphical work, you'd simply need to fit it all together.

Position: Graphics Admin

Summary: By far this could be the most important role to the actual long run success of Global-Conflict. We could have the nicest members, the greatest campaign system, and the most amazingly coded website, but not a single joe-web-surfer will ever become interested in GC unless we wow them with graphics. Whether we like it or not, graphics play a huge role in the online gaming world, and right now we can hardly compete with most school websites. Position currently more or less held by Cheesy.

Job: To make our site, forums, etc, amazing. To redo our entire site, etc. To consistently update the frontpage images, as well as assisting the Site Admin, and News Admins in creating eye catching features and posts.

Pre-Req: You must have graphical talent and knowledge in a large variety of areas to be considered for the lead role. If you have strengths in certain areas, but are, for example, unable to create a good graphics theme for our website, please consider joining the "Graphics Team" mentioned below.

Team: As a member of the graphics team it is your job to help improve the look of GC in whatever area your strengths lie. Whether that be redoing our website, frontpage images, campaign\news post images, etc. Great if you have graphical talent and want others to see what you can do.

Position: News Admin

Summary: Another key role in the long run of GC. It will be the News Admin's job to keep our campaigns interesting, frontpage news updated, and generally keeping members informed about the current situation via forum posts, stickies, etc. Position currently held by Gribble.

Job: See above.

Pre-Req: Not much, must be creative, must be willing to work with the graphics admin to create interesting and eye catching campaign and news posts\story lines\updates etc.

Team: Anyone who wishes to help out with news updates, storylines, etc.

Position: Lead Relations Admin

Summary: At this point in time, the most important role. We need members, badly. In this position, your job is to get GC's name to the masses. Anyway you can. Make banner deals with other sites, organize pubbing, work with the graphics guys to create banners, news guys to create catching GC posts to place on other forums, etc. If you succeed, GC succeeds with you. Currently possibly held by Winter_Lion as leader of the outdated "Recruiting Corps"

Job: See Above.

Pre-Req: Current outer-web relations are a nice touch, but basically anyone who is willing to get GC's name out there and can make friends with other sites\clans\gamers etc. Friendly and helpful is good too. You need to believe in GC, and know how to make people want to come and play with us.

Team: Basically a replication of the Recruiting Corps. Consider it a rebirth. If you want to spread GC's name, join up today.

Position: Tournament Admin

Summary: These guys run the tournament side of GC.

Job: They have complete and total control of the campaign play side of GC. They are the game server admins, and managers and creators of the campaign system etc. They will work with and over see the work of the Graphics and News Teams to ensure a successful campaign. Possibly a term based position where members are swapped in and out to ensure no one gets burned out.

Pre-Req: Atleast 1-2 campaigns with GC is a must. You need an understanding of creating campaign systems\armies etc, and must know how GC works. Fun above all else. Must be a fair minded, generally logic member.

Team: There will be multiple tournament admins. Maximum total still undecided.

Position: Help Admin

Summary: Another position that I can't stress the importance of. Its the Relations and Recruiters job to get the new members in, and the Help Admins job to make sure they find their place in the community. One of the biggest problems with GC right now is that it just isn't user friendly. Your job is to make it user friendly. Make sure we aren't getting 4 members each day that leave and never return that very same day.

Job: Update guides, manage the help forum, and ensure the new members get all the help they need.

Pre-Req: You must have a complete understanding of GC yourself as you will be helping new members with whatever problems they come to you with. You must be friendly and patient. Knowing more than one language is a bonus.

Team: If you feel a team would help you in helping new members, one can be made available to you.
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

Thanks for posting Dag,

Here is your chance to make a difference at GC.

These are key postions that need to be filled so we can get back on track. The most important thing we need right now is web and graphic people so we will be looking to fill that right away.

You can also PM myself and Dag if you have any questions.
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

Name: StarLord

Position Applying For: Help Admin

Maybe Tournament Admin (But I've never been good with making a campaign system...)

Personal Summary: I've been with GC for 2 and a half years now, I have a good knowing of GC style of play, and would have no problem at helping new guys to get up to play with us. I know most of the rules and have a good understanding of them.

P.S.: That makes a lot of ADMINs :P
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."
-Winston Churchill
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

P.S.: That makes a lot of ADMINs
Well, admin in this sense is simply short for administrator, or member in charge of, it does not necessarily mean technical admin rights. However, you are the first person to respond to this post, glad to see your interested Star Lord. :)
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

Name: Robawillis

Position Applying For: Tournament Admin

Would of gone for news admin but spelling could be off, those that long article on the front is still mine :D ,

Personal Summary: I've been for GC now for 3 camps, made general recently and helped set up that campaign, got basic understanding on what needs to be done, like to stay netural in dicussions and fairly logic person
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

Name: Hitman47_088

Position Applying For: Lead Relations Admin

Always wanted to help out, but since I have absolutely no graphic/tech skills this position suits me best.

Personal Summary: I've been in GC since camp 5, back in the times when X and Hogan were here. I speak/write English, German, Croatian fluently. Would really like to work with a team. Want to see GC alive and kicking like it was before if not even better. So, let's get this show on the road!
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Dogma75

Post by Dogma75 »

I am not applying for a position but I can speak with the friend of mine who works at PCAction if he could make a short notice / article in the magazine everytime when we start a new camp.

But the condition for this is that we get this horse saddled and running again.

I am also ready to do a post in the forums I am active if a new camp happens again.

And as said i will do this email / pm thing if wanted.

Thats my part in get this page running again.

@DaGrooved1:

I think we also should make a position like a mediator for solving problems and disputes between GC members. A person which has no admin rights, a normal GC member.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
sig made by Rob / thx bro
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Dogma, needless to say that such a notice-possibility would be great for GC.

Regarding your Mediator idea I would guess it will be hard to mediate for somebody who does not have overall forum access. (How should somebody from army A mediate if two members of army B slap each other in the army forums of army B?) I believe they should address for example the forum admin of somebody neutral ... now wait a sec that would be me :oops:

Matter of fact my fellow senators/Admins get involved in member problems and disputes moreoften than we would want to be. :wink:
Tsumetai_Ryujin

Post by Tsumetai_Ryujin »

like dogma, i am too trying to get some FREE adds in some cro magasines (it will be good if i manage to get out cheaper add, i will found this from my own pocket), bu as he also said, condition for that is that we make some progres first... and if someone has some banner for webs or could make some it would be grat, cuz i have alot of friends with theyrs webs and i could ask them to put it on... ... ill try to ask some friend of mine to try to make banner...

now i dont know for what should i sign... help admin or relations admin... cuz its a bit the same for me... as hitman, i talk english and cro fluently... i speak german also... but not fluently, but fot that i have my friend Mr. Dictionary... ^^
k, here it goes...

Name: Tsumetai Ryujin

Personal Summary: I'm on GC since 8th campaig, as i said, read/write english, german and croatian fluently. Got some connections within gaming industry (tough they are in croatia). Don't know what should i say more about myself... if u have some questions feel free to ask ^^
Dogma75

Post by Dogma75 »

sushi25 wrote:
Regarding your Mediator idea I would guess it will be hard to mediate for somebody who does not have overall forum access. (How should somebody from army A mediate if two members of army B slap each other in the army forums of army B?) I believe they should address for example the forum admin of somebody neutral ... now wait a sec that would be me :oops:

Matter of fact my fellow senators/Admins get involved in member problems and disputes moreoften than we would want to be. :wink:
Hi sushi!:D The mediator thingy...We should have one or two mediators who have access to most forum parts. They could react and mediate as the name says. They could also be an anonym ralleypoint to which members could go if they have problems of personal nature.

Edit:________________________________________________________
Discrepancies intern in the armies should be first tried to solve by the armies hqs. If they can't solve then there is the mediator which let speak both sides and then makes a decision.
Edit end_____________________________________________________

I should remind you how long it took to solve my problem. I think execs, senators and admins can't do all and we should split up some things. Also you guys have other parts to handle and I think a split like in most democracies would do us really good and would be a great addition.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
sig made by Rob / thx bro
Total_focus_haz

Post by Total_focus_haz »

Name: Total_focus_haz

Position Applying For: Tournament Admin and New Admin

Think i can handle with the rules now and letigation off things, last camp showed me the gaps that need filled and the organisation behind the camps. Really need 2 EU TA'S and 2 NA TA's.

Newss Admin cz i am a funny guy and love to gossip, factual off course!
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Tsumetai_Ryujin wrote:like dogma, i am too trying to get some FREE adds in some cro magasines (it will be good if i manage to get out cheaper add, i will found this from my own pocket), bu as he also said, condition for that is that we make some progres first... and if someone has some banner for webs or could make some it would be grat, cuz i have alot of friends with theyrs webs and i could ask them to put it on... ... ill try to ask some friend of mine to try to make banner...

now i dont know for what should i sign... help admin or relations admin... cuz its a bit the same for me... as hitman, i talk english and cro fluently... i speak german also... but not fluently, but fot that i have my friend Mr. Dictionary... ^^
k, here it goes...

Name: Tsumetai Ryujin

Personal Summary: I'm on GC since 8th campaig, as i said, read/write english, german and croatian fluently. Got some connections within gaming industry (tough they are in croatia). Don't know what should i say more about myself... if u have some questions feel free to ask ^^
Everything sounds so perfect! Are you available? :P

@Haz the forums messed with your post. See here:
ramboon

Post by ramboon »

Total_focus_haz

Post by Total_focus_haz »

I did not say that one could spell!!

That why i have a lil "Angel" to write things for me
Tsumetai_Ryujin

Post by Tsumetai_Ryujin »

irdk whats happening with GC... and mainly with this idea of open positions and other stuff... i come here rarer and rarer... and i understand less and less... but i can notice that thers left only group of few ppl who is allegedly doing (atleast trying to do) something... i see no progress... i see no consultations with other users... maybe its cuz i didnt understand some things... but as i see it, GC is dieing...

i just wanted to say that i no longer can offer you services i told before cuz of my tight schedule... infact not scheduele... but rather cuz i lack enthusiasm and will to do it... i already have tight schedule... and to tighten it up for... nothing acctualy (yea nothing... cuz thers nothing going on gc) would be insane... ... ... if u guys decide that u need my "services", ill try to do to advertise it in some magasines but (as i said) i can no longer guarantee u succes...

i realy hope that im wrong with GC... and plz correct me if im wrong... but i see no progress on gc...