C12 system-Naval Combat!

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Thur
Executive
Executive

C12 system-Naval Combat!

Post by Thur »

I have several ideas floating around here. One I would like some feed back on is using BF1942 for some naval battles. What does everyone think about that?

The idea came from basing a campaign on the early North African Campaigns of 1940-41. The supply lines for both sides were constantly being attacked and the Italians actually had a formidable navy at that time. The camp system I am working on for C12 will have a supply line element to it and adding naval battles brings a lot of excitement IMO. However we will have to go with the 42 engine to make it happen. I would expect more than one per week at the very most.

Comments???
@4|Obshtz.Thur.DAK
5A|HC|Gen|Thur
@6-Oblt.Thur/LW
7R|HC|Gen.Thur
1E|HC|SgXo.Thur
UN|=GC=Thur
S1*TRG.Thur
4P*SGT=GC=Thur
11H.=GC=Thur
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

My thought is: BF1942 is the best game ever. So I'm up for it.
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

Hmm naval combat i am likeing that, however i need to get bf1942 fo that :? , but i think i can get it, hmm soo you looking at supply lines/front lines sort of thing, well i know PR has a defender system where its like supply lines but once the attacker gets the flag you cant get it back, it would make for some intense fighting then also the C12 system could be easy to monitor, 1 point for each flag on both sides, suppose we could use that in a front line sort of thing,
Thur
Executive
Executive

Post by Thur »

The supply/reinforcement will be part of the campaign system not the actual battles.

Hey any excuse to get to drive a battleship or sub is good enough for me.

:D
Last edited by Thur on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@4|Obshtz.Thur.DAK
5A|HC|Gen|Thur
@6-Oblt.Thur/LW
7R|HC|Gen.Thur
1E|HC|SgXo.Thur
UN|=GC=Thur
S1*TRG.Thur
4P*SGT=GC=Thur
11H.=GC=Thur
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

well, I'd either have to acquire such a 1942 from my buddy or go buy the pack at best buy for $10 or whatever it is...either way I'm game.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Thur
Executive
Executive

Post by Thur »

Just to try the naval action is worth $10. Nothing in Bf2 compares.
@4|Obshtz.Thur.DAK
5A|HC|Gen|Thur
@6-Oblt.Thur/LW
7R|HC|Gen.Thur
1E|HC|SgXo.Thur
UN|=GC=Thur
S1*TRG.Thur
4P*SGT=GC=Thur
11H.=GC=Thur
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

wait, I don't get it. You want to add BF 1942 to a FH campaign just to have naval battles or what? And what do you mean naval battles? Nobody allowed to leave ships or what?
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

Hitman47 wrote:wait, I don't get it. You want to add BF 1942 to a FH campaign just to have naval battles or what? And what do you mean naval battles? Nobody allowed to leave ships or what?
Yep, throw out your BF2, and install BF1942 :P

Unfortunally does FH2 no naval wars.
Thur is talking about an campaign theme.

Nothing to do with the actual battles, which will be played with FH2, which requires BF2
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Stonie wrote:
Hitman47 wrote:wait, I don't get it. You want to add BF 1942 to a FH campaign just to have naval battles or what? And what do you mean naval battles? Nobody allowed to leave ships or what?
Yep, throw out your BF2, and install BF1942 :P

Unfortunally does FH2 no naval wars.
Thur is talking about an campaign theme.

Nothing to do with the actual battles, which will be played with FH2, which requires BF2
Thur wrote: One I would like some feed back on is using BF1942 for some naval battles. What does everyone think about that?
From this I understand we are going to play BF42.
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

the bf2 engine can handle sea battles, NAW has ships like the stealth ship on James bond tormow never dies, however FH2 doesnt have them out yet in its current realease
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Robawillis wrote:the bf2 engine can handle sea battles, NAW has ships like the stealth ship on James bond tormow never dies, however FH2 doesnt have them out yet in its current realease
But big ships are not drivable in BF2 like in BF42.
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

hmm, if your talking about the carrier then yeah but i am sure theres a way around it, and i just looked at NAW website they got subs 8O
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

you ppl are just confusing me even more.... 8O Thur get your a$$ over here and clean this mess up! :lol:
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

naval combat was fun in BF42. Thur to give the guys who never played it the whole picture we should add, that only a few ships per map were available, so basically it was ground combat maps with some 5-10 guys per team maximum driving around with ships.
Thur
Executive
Executive

Post by Thur »

To clear up some confusion.

No decision has been made! :P

I just want to know who likes the idea and if we should use it??

*We are playing the Forgotten Hope 2 modification of BF2 for C12!

*The campaign system. (The thing we do here at GC to 'score' the campaign) COULD have a naval movement/supply element (Both sides depended heavily on their navies for supplies and reinforcement during the North African Campaign).

*BF42 is the ONLY game that can do it.

*It adds a fun element to the system and is admined easily enough.

*It gives us something to advertise!

*It could be easily incorporated into the system. The problem is how and when we run the maps. Have it on a different day?? (Tuesday?? Friday??) Run it live on Saturdays like a normal 10 minute map change?? (BF42 boots up very quick for me.)

*The original BF42 maps with a large naval presence (Wake, Guadalcanal, Midway) would not be the best fit for the type of battles we might have. There are some custom maps we can use. Anyone care to make a new map?

*Anyone want to run a Sub Captains squad??

*Many WW2 era naval battles had Carriers. Thats means lots of planes AND ships to man. Pilots get your guns up! It is still a GREAT game!

8)

BTW This would only be a 'part' of the whole system. There may be no naval battles in a given week! There may be several! Who knows?
@4|Obshtz.Thur.DAK
5A|HC|Gen|Thur
@6-Oblt.Thur/LW
7R|HC|Gen.Thur
1E|HC|SgXo.Thur
UN|=GC=Thur
S1*TRG.Thur
4P*SGT=GC=Thur
11H.=GC=Thur