BC2 Patch - Expected 10th/11th May

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: BC2 Patch - Expected 10th/11th May

Post by styphon »

.Sup wrote:I just read BC2 for PC is getting infantry only mode (consoles aren't). When? Don't ask me (not yet at least).
It's in the patch notes above, IO mode option for servers. Should be getting IO this patch.
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

Patch delayed until next week. :roll:
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Not surprising now it's Thursday. Funny how they sorted the consoles first...
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

styphon wrote:Not surprising now it's Thursday. Funny how they sorted the consoles first...
They said it was to fix some bugs they encountered in the patch and then while they were at it they decided to add some more changes too which they'll add to the patchnotes in the next few days.

.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

They could release the patch now and repatch it next week :roll:
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

styphon wrote:Not surprising now it's Thursday. Funny how they sorted the consoles first...
It's totally a guess.. but I think that consoles are much easier to fix than PCs, due to the static environment that they can expect... so it's easier to push any new software through for them. But, like I said, that's a complete and total guess and probably way off :-)
Hi!
PinkAss

Post by PinkAss »

Ewww hopefuly they wont nerf the tubes again, I see some ppl still whine a lot about it...

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt ... t00bs.html
ramboon

Post by ramboon »

The good old whining :D It's Always like this when ppl dont know how to use certain tools for their advantage they start to complain about those who can use them.

I myself am also pissed about a lot of things. Like the snipers. Sitting around in some bush 500m away and dropping mortars. Or just sitting on a Island and sniping like cowards. But i dont complain coz i have the option to do so aswell. Or all the guys with CARL GUSTAV. But I dont complain coz i have the option to do so as well. Same with m60.

And GL? Cmoon dont say its for noobs. I tried it and its very hard to be precise and the reload time can be lethal in some situations.
Anyway as i said. If you think someone is owning with a tool and he is doing it pretty easy then go take it and own yourself but for Gods sake STOP WHINING!!!!!
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

PinkAss wrote:Ewww hopefuly they wont nerf the tubes again, I see some ppl still whine a lot about it...

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt ... t00bs.html
That post was made before the first nerf, look at the date before posting. The fact was, they did need nerfing and I'm really glad they did. Stopped n00bs sitting up in roofs with an ammo box just spamming them down at people, which was a real problem. The only other change I think needs making is if they hit you in the chest, but don't go off it shouldn't be an instant kill, but should only do 50% damage. That will stop people running around with them as primary weapon.
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

Originally Posted by Bazajaytee on 25.05.2010 wrote: EA Servers are down as you have seen, this isn't a patch but weekly maintenance on EA servers. This time varies each week as to how long they are down for. I'll post here when they are back online.
As for the status of the patch, I have to have a meeting with my boss about it but it won't be this week.
Yay, so it will be at least 3 weeks late.

sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Geez, how pathetic, to announce a patch to patch the patch and than realize that it will take weeks before it can be released...
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Dice have really dropped the ball on this one.
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

LMFAO - I swear it isn't April 1st again - is it?

A transportation strike in Romania, of all things, is being blamed for a delay in the next Battlefield: Bad Company 2 patch on the PC.

In a thread on the EA UK forums, DICE producer Barrie Tingle confirmed the patch has been sent to EA Europe's QA department in Romania, but it isn't being worked on because the testers can't get into the office. "Transportation companies are apparently on strike, so they can't get to work," Tingle said.
http://kotaku.com/5557689/transportatio ... ny-2-patch
Nelm

Post by Nelm »

BRUMMIE wrote:LMFAO - I swear it isn't April 1st again - is it?

A transportation strike in Romania, of all things, is being blamed for a delay in the next Battlefield: Bad Company 2 patch on the PC.

In a thread on the EA UK forums, DICE producer Barrie Tingle confirmed the patch has been sent to EA Europe's QA department in Romania, but it isn't being worked on because the testers can't get into the office. "Transportation companies are apparently on strike, so they can't get to work," Tingle said.
http://kotaku.com/5557689/transportatio ... ny-2-patch
Thats "old" news buddy, the latest word from Bazza is that this final patch has failed at QA, Romanian QA returned it back to Dice for fixing. Something to do with maps not loading/crashing....Now i know nothing about game coding/making, but the idea that if you as coder/developer make a patch or DLC, doesn't metter how big or complex, you always try your to make sure that something as simple as map loading works. Take for example electricians, if he comes to my house and changes the fuse box, when he is done he checks if the lights and power sockets work. Same thing with DICE, but they never check if their product works after they done with it.
Now, Dice released a video yesterday, gameplay video, in which they play with M14 with ACOG sights on X"crap"Box, video also shows "new" maps and game modes. Watched it and the only thought that that i was left with is HITREG!!! Hit reg on xbox just makes me cry.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-E06LXreqM[/youtube]
This what Bazza had to say about this video :
Originally Posted by Bazajaytee View Post
The update doesn't contain the optics and the video is recent.
The optics shown in the video are an option the video recording team have access to that can show optics enabled versions of the guns instead of the ones in the final game.
Whether optics get added into the game is still a decision that lies with Demize99.

Dice is just mocking PC gamers! They showcase one game and than give us something else.
Rant end :arrow:
"Never increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything"
AlbinoKalle69

Post by AlbinoKalle69 »

It is there :o