More BF3 'News'

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

madcow
Executive
Executive

More BF3 'News'

Post by madcow »

Demize99 wrote:It's too early to talk BF3 specifics. But it's never too early for me to acknowledge that PC players have a fear that BF3 will be "consolized." PC gaming is alive and well, BFBC2 has proven that and no one at DICE or EA can argue with the numbers. Battlefield 3 needs an extra bit of special attention on the PC. I intend to give it that attention, tradition and our community demand it.
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt ... st18686418
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
sushi
Executive
Executive

Re: More BF3 'News'

Post by sushi »

With the little number of maps that we will see within BF3 I am still not convinced it will cause any movement in the playerbase.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

I'm more worried about them putting in a stupid unlock system and having horrible game imbalances like the pre-updated M60 in BC2 than a lack of maps. That said, if there are no mod tools and we have to pay for new maps, I will be quite angry.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
gribble

Post by gribble »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010- ... iew?page=2
Eurogamer: How's development on Battlefield 3 going?

Patrick Soderlund: It's going well. I'm very happy with what we have and I'm really excited about showing it to the world because we have something that is going to be very, very cool.

Eurogamer: When will you show it?

Patrick Soderlund: You'll see. You'll know probably sooner than I will. You are going to be able to see it in the not too distant future. The marketing guys would kill me if I told you when.

Eurogamer: The Battlefield franchise now is massive. What's next for Bad Company?

Patrick Soderlund: Battlefield 3 will be seen as a true sequel to Battlefield 2. But considering the success of Bad Company, we haven't buried that at all. It's something we're looking at what to do with.

But right now we're focused on making the best possible game for consumers to enjoy, and that's obviously Battlefield 3.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

So basically they currently have no plans of adding any maps to BFBC2 other than the four BC2 Vietnam expansion maps.

And EA expects us to nod our heads when they say BF3 is obviously the best possible game.
gomimin

Post by gomimin »

Nod,nod,nod 'till neckbreak :lol:

Thanx Gribble!
C11SCUM - Mandy
C12Panzerarmee Afrika Leutnant
C13 Neutral -Mercs
PR Team
-inactive- No BF modding = not buying - FUEA
B.I.A. for RS2V ?!?
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Hopefully it is.
I'd love another BF1942 breakthru rather than a couple later poser meh's.
And please EA, deal with the bugs. And kill the hacker's rather than just milk them for additional copies of the game.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

with the speed they are pushing out games, I would guess they simply do not care about hacks, they just continue to move on..... and I would bet that with BF3 and BF1943 we will see two new games which include the same good old BF-features:

fruited up selection screens, without working Ping among other non-working selection options.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Don't forget BC2 Vietnam. I'm so getting it.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

right! k:friends:
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

.Sup wrote:Don't forget BC2 Vietnam. I'm so getting it.
That really depends on price for me. I want it, but with only 4 maps, call it a booster pack.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Ash2Dust wrote:
.Sup wrote:Don't forget BC2 Vietnam. I'm so getting it.
That really depends on price for me. I want it, but with only 4 maps, call it a booster pack.
I heard 40 bucks. That's a lot for an addon but considering I paid 20€ for BC2 I could call that the addon and Vietnam the full game. :P
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

I'm not buying any more Battlefield games. When you play a game like BF you acknowledge that it's not about teamwork, it's about being the uber pwnzor on the server (don't get me wrong, it's possible to do teamwork but the way that the game is made pushes the player in the other direction) and after PR got under my skin "w + mouse button 1" games don't cut it for me anymore. I'm gonna spend my money on ARMA 2 when the PR dev team finishes their mod for that.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

40 für a four map addon? lol

Do they think all pls out here are stupid?
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

sushi25 wrote:40 für a four map addon? lol

Do they think all pls out here are stupid?
Regardless of what they think of us........they will probably still make millions and millions of dollars. Why we encourage them........I don't know........lol.

Winter.. 8O
ImageImage