BattleBlog #11

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

.Sup
Executive
Executive

Re: BattleBlog #11

Post by .Sup »

WoodenPlank wrote:My thought is to save Infantry only for BO battles only. Seems a lot more fitting (Isn't that how we played it in BF2 anyway) for the BO type battles. I think it would be a disaster for main battles.

If we have enough players, what about using Rush for main battles, but running two matches simultaneously - one EU and one NA?
Rush doesn't allow 64 players (32 max for RUSH mode). Only conquest does. Rush infantry would be fine for EUBOs/NABOs though.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

.Sup wrote:
WoodenPlank wrote:My thought is to save Infantry only for BO battles only. Seems a lot more fitting (Isn't that how we played it in BF2 anyway) for the BO type battles. I think it would be a disaster for main battles.

If we have enough players, what about using Rush for main battles, but running two matches simultaneously - one EU and one NA?
Rush doesn't allow 64 players (32 max for RUSH mode). Only conquest does. Rush infantry would be fine for EUBOs/NABOs though.
What he's saying sup, is if we run rush but have 2 servers running at once. That gives you 2 servers of 32, for 64 players. It's not a bad idea IMO. May need testing to see whether it's feasible, and may only be possible in the middle of battle days when we would be looking at switching servers.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

styphon wrote:
.Sup wrote:

What he's saying sup, is if we run rush but have 2 servers running at once. That gives you 2 servers of 32, for 64 players. It's not a bad idea IMO. May need testing to see whether it's feasible, and may only be possible in the middle of battle days when we would be looking at switching servers.
I see. But that would mean I wouldn't get to kill Brummie 10 times in a row. I really wan't diversity and playing with people around the globe not just with EU players.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Agree, but if it extends the map pool I think it's an idea worth exploring. Not a perfect solution but we need to do the best we can with the tools we're given.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

styphon wrote:Agree, but if it extends the map pool I think it's an idea worth exploring. Not a perfect solution but we need to do the best we can with the tools we're given.
Exactly. I really like the idea of using it mid-battle as part of the switch from NA to EU.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

styphon wrote:Agree, but if it extends the map pool I think it's an idea worth exploring. Not a perfect solution but we need to do the best we can with the tools we're given.
I understand it could be an option for some but not for me. Maps or fiends? I much rather have only map at disposal than not play with the NA guys.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

GC is the idea of one big community playing altogether - so for the main battleday event the idea of having separate battles simultaneously does not do the trick.
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

.Sup wrote:I see. But that would mean I wouldn't get to kill Brummie 10 times in a row. I really wan't diversity and playing with people around the globe not just with EU players.
Exactely, and I insist that I only be allowed to die 10 times in a row if it is by .Sup. Non one else is allowed to do that ok :roll:
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

Damn brummie i guess after 10 times I must play only with a knife, one handed, with an eye closed if I see you on the battlefield
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Robawillis wrote:Damn brummie i guess after 10 times I must play only with a knife, one handed, with an eye closed if I see you on the battlefield
Rob! Now that's a little harsh! Poor Brummie. He may be old and half blind but there's no need for that :lol:
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

styphon wrote:
.Sup wrote:

We have done that in the past. We have even switched servers, between maps. Made it more fair lag issues wise as well.
ImageImage
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

If we have more than 32 players online,
NOTHING else than CONQUEST 64.

Let's not reinvente GC...
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."
-Winston Churchill
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

StarLord wrote:If we have more than 32 players online,

I was hoping to always play Conquest except for EUBOs/NABOs if those will be played. Rush/Conquest would be in order then.
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

.Sup wrote:

I was hoping to always play Conquest except for EUBOs/NABOs if those will be played. Rush/Conquest would be in order then.
Yes but only if we have less than 32 players online ;)
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."
-Winston Churchill
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

StarLord wrote:
.Sup wrote:

Yes but only if we have less than 32 players online ;)
You mean for EUBOs/NABOs?