Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

BattleBlog #11

Post by styphon »

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlef ... ained.aspx

So, for 64 players you can only run conquest. Limits TDM and Rush to Black Ops days. Oh, and jets on rush :D. That's going to piss a lot of people off but makes me very happy :lol:
sushi
Executive
Executive

Re: BattleBlog #11

Post by sushi »

So to look at it from the other side that leaves us with only 9 maps for main battledays, correct?
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

sushi25 wrote:So to look at it from the other side that leaves us with only 9 maps for main battledays, correct?
Its says "all 9 maps" that means all modes can be played on all maps. Not sure if the BF2 map pack is included but I would think so.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

.Sup wrote:
sushi25 wrote:So to look at it from the other side that leaves us with only 9 maps for main battledays, correct?
Its says "all 9 maps" that means all modes can be played on all maps. Not sure if the BF2 map pack is included but I would think so.
If you read it closely though, only conquest can be run on 64 player. So that does mean we have a pool of 9 total.
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

Well if we are short of pool maps we could take the HC and infranty only modes into the pool, which would make it 27 maps
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Which would make our pool reasonable I guess.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

styphon wrote:
.Sup wrote:
If you read it closely though, only conquest can be run on 64 player. So that does mean we have a pool of 9 total.
Ok this is too confusing for me now, I don't know what Sushi was asking any more. I know only conquest allows 64 players.

9 maps(= all maps included in the game) + LE pack maps + conquest = battleday
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Robawillis wrote:Well if we are short of pool maps we could take the HC and infranty only modes into the pool, which would make it 27 maps
I was hoping the defender would pick what mode is to be played since the defender doesn't know which tile will be attacked and so the attacker has the advantage. This way the attacker will have to come up with two strategies- one for normal mode and one for in but it will make battles more balanced in my opinion.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

.Sup wrote:
styphon wrote:
.Sup wrote: Its says "all 9 maps" that means all modes can be played on all maps. Not sure if the BF2 map pack is included but I would think so.
Ok this is too confusing for me now, I don't know what Sushi was asking any more. I know only conquest allows 64 players.

9 maps(= all maps included in the game) + LE pack maps + conquest = battleday
What Sushi and I were on about was having alternate game modes to allow a map pool of greater than 9. If you have rush and conquest that's a map pool of 18. But as only conquest allows 64 players that idea is now gone, and the map pool is limited to the 9 (plus any back to karkand maps, if we use them).
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

.Sup wrote:
Robawillis wrote:Well if we are short of pool maps we could take the HC and infranty only modes into the pool, which would make it 27 maps
I was hoping the defender would pick what mode is to be played since the defender doesn't know which tile will be attacked and so the attacker has the advantage. This way the attacker will have to come up with two strategies- one for normal mode and one for in but it will make battles more balanced in my opinion.
Well if we include the map pack and lets say use the two modes Normal and HC that is 26 and let the defender choose infranty only so it allows some choice in the matter
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Sounds good Rob
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

I don't think we should work too much with infantry only mode in the start... at least not for the main battleday. What if you could unlock an infantry-only battle via a Black Ops victory?
Hi!
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Goggles wrote:I don't think we should work too much with infantry only mode in the start... at least not for the main battleday. What if you could unlock an infantry-only battle via a Black Ops victory?
Some people might not like inf only and won't bother winning. :oops:
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

NO TANK NO CHEF :evil:

Atleast Inf-Mode has Transports.
Something with Wheels + Alot of C4 = A little fun.

So maybe.... MAYBE No Tanks Yes Chef.
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

My thought is to save Infantry only for BO battles only. Seems a lot more fitting (Isn't that how we played it in BF2 anyway) for the BO type battles. I think it would be a disaster for main battles.

If we have enough players, what about using Rush for main battles, but running two matches simultaneously - one EU and one NA?
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!