BF3 field report#3 - Multiplayer game modes

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: BF3 field report#3 - Multiplayer game modes

Post by styphon »

sushi25 wrote:Ok I say the word of ultimate doom, the map that EA apparently believes is a must and somehow I liked in BF42 but hated since: WAKE! :evil:

Sigh: I miss Operation Barbarossa and all the qwl custom maps of the good ol times.
I love wake! But then I am a pilot :D.
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

.Sup wrote:
Dareitus wrote:I forgot about the 4 maps in Back to Karkand. 13 isn't bad I was hoping for 12!
we only really need Karkand any way :P

We didn't play Karkand much at GC and when we did it was a spam fest. I remember in an alley that leads from Hotel to Square people were dying over and over from grenades and they still kept going into that alley like it was the only way to get to Square. Was quite hilarious actually.
Sounds like a pubbie server of lemmings :-)

I remember back in BF2: Campaign 3... it was almost like Karkand was mandatory to play every weekend, haha.
Hi!
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

Goggles wrote:
.Sup wrote:
Dareitus wrote:I forgot about the 4 maps in Back to Karkand. 13 isn't bad I was hoping for 12!
we only really need Karkand any way :P

We didn't play Karkand much at GC and when we did it was a spam fest. I remember in an alley that leads from Hotel to Square people were dying over and over from grenades and they still kept going into that alley like it was the only way to get to Square. Was quite hilarious actually.
Sounds like a pubbie server of lemmings :-)

I remember back in BF2: Campaign 3... it was almost like Karkand was mandatory to play every weekend, haha.
That's because the tile it was on kept getting attacked. :P
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

This is why i vote against static maps on tiles... :?
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

Honestly, I remember it fondly :-)

If there ever a time to use static maps, it would be in Campaign 1. Everything will be so new that it will be hard to get tired of it. The issue with C3's Karkand recycling was that it was a chokepoint... it wasn't just attacked, it had to be attacked (if I remember right)
Hi!
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Goggles wrote:Honestly, I remember it fondly :-)

If there ever a time to use static maps, it would be in Campaign 1. Everything will be so new that it will be hard to get tired of it. The issue with C3's Karkand recycling was that it was a chokepoint... it wasn't just attacked, it had to be attacked (if I remember right)
If I am remember the right campaign, I believe you are correct. I actually enjoyed Karkand with GC, but hated it on pubs due to all the asshattery.

I definitely think we need to plan now to use the Karkand map pack maps.
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

Stop stressing about "only" 9 or 13 maps... We had 12 at launch for BF2 and personnaly I had tons of fun on those map and would have played all GC BF2 campaigns on them ! (Adding the other official maps as they came out).

Too much map means not enought time spent thinking about strategy, and it ends up in rounds that just feel like we are on a pub server...
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

StarLord wrote:Stop stressing about "only" 9 or 13 maps... We had 12 at launch for BF2 and personnaly I had tons of fun on those map and would have played all GC BF2 campaigns on them ! (Adding the other official maps as they came out).

Too much map means not enought time spent thinking about strategy, and it ends up in rounds that just feel like we are on a pub server...
Sounds about right to me.
FakeHealer

Post by FakeHealer »

styphon wrote: Hopefully they'll release the mod tools soon and it wont be long before decent custom maps start appearing.
there won't be any mod tools, because the frostbite2 engine is too powerfull (quoting dice).
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Too powerful in what way?
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

.Sup wrote:Too powerful in what way?
Powerful in terms of the amount of money they can make from it.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
FakeHealer

Post by FakeHealer »

.Sup wrote:Too powerful in what way?
there are some not closer specified security issues giving moders full access to frostbite 2.
but mainly dice won't to ship error prone mod tools.
here is an interview with Karl Magnus Troedsson.http://pc.ign.com/articles/119/1194776p1.html