Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

sushi
Executive
Executive

bf3 server

Post by sushi »

new intel from phil: a mail he received form i3d.net

Battlefield 3 game server online date is coming closer!

i3D.net is offering a special pre-order package for Battlefield 3 game servers until game launch. The Battlefield 3 i3D pre-order package is available for limited time! As alpha game server provider for EA's Battlefield 3, we are privileged to offer the Battlefield 3 game servers.

The i3D.net Battlefield 3 game server pre-order package starts with a
16 to 64 slot ranked Battlefield 3 public game server, to be online on launch day.

As Battlefield 3 is heavily supported with clan features, i3D.net adds as only provider worldwide, a free 16 slot private Battlefield 3 game server with every public server ordered. Your community enjoys the ranked public server, while your teams enjoy the flexibility of hosting matches 24x7. We also add a free Teamspeak 3 10 slot voice server for optimal communication.
For your community website, we also add 12 month webhosting XL with free .com/net/.org/.nl domain name. No advertisements, no branding, it will be your domain.

To summarize i3D.net's Battlefield 3 package:
- Battlefield 3 Official Ranked game server 16 to 64 players
- FREE: Battlefield 3 16 slot private game server
- FREE: Teamspeak 3 10 slot public voice server
- FREE: Webhosting with .com/.net/.org/.nl domain name
- Included: Access to BF3CC, i3D.net co-created
- Included: Access to PB screenshots and log files

Order and availability at
http://www.i3d.net/battlefield-3-ranked ... ervers.php

The pre-order package is available until September 18th. The BF3 private clanserver, Teamspeak 3 server and website will be offered for the full duration of your BF3 Official Ranked server term. Minimal pre-order package term is 3 months.

See you on the Battlefield!

Battlefield 3 is a trademark of EA Digital Illusions CE AB. i3D.net is authorized by EA Inc. to use the "Official Battlefield 3 Trusted Server Provider" phrase.

i3D.net connects to Stockholm internet exchange

Interactive 3D (i3D.net) is now connected to the Swedish Internet
Exchange: Netnod Stockholm. For optimal redundancy, this connection is built on two 1 GbE paths from Amsterdam and Frankfurt, to Stockholm

Together with our AMS-IX, LINX and DE-CIX connection, i3D.net is connected to the largest internet exchanges in the world. i3D uses these connections to add more reliable, direct and low latency connections to major cable, DSL and dialup ISPs and content providers.

Other upgrades
In the past months, the i3D network connected to the Polish Internet Exchange PLIX, located in Warsaw and we have added two private interconnects to Ashburn VA, USA and London Slough.

Our network
Th e new i3D network has the following setup:

Transit:
Rotterdam:
- Global Crossing 20 gigabit
- Level 3 30 gigabit
Amsterdam:
- Telia Sonera 10 gigabit
Frankfurt:
- Global Crossing 10 gigabit
- Level 3 10 gigabit

Peering:
- AMS-IX 10 gigabit
- DE-CIX 10 gigabit
- LINX 10 gigabit
- PLIX 1 gigabit
- NetNod Stockholm 2 gigabit
- Rackspace UK private interconnect 1 gigabit
- Equinix Ashburn private interconnect 1 gigabit

For questions regarding peering, transit and optimal connectivity, please contact our network operations through the ticket system.

i3D.net ranked in Deloittes Top50 fastest growing tech companies

Interactive 3D (i3D.net) has been nominated as one of the 50 fastest growing technology companies in The Netherlands, Belgium a nd Luxembourg by Deloitte. The Fast 50 index is a yearly ranking of fast growing technology companies and is part of the Fast 500 ranking for Europe, the Middle East and Africa.

From 2005 to 2009 i3D.net ranked 24 with 844% revenue growth. From 2010 to date, i3D.net reports revenue growth of 600%.

The 2011 ranking is announced by Deloitte on October 13, 2011.
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Re: bf3 server

Post by Von_Krieg »

I guess we need to tackle this question soon.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

"The pre-order package is available until September 18th."

A bit late.
HumanSpeedbumpAK

Post by HumanSpeedbumpAK »

I think it would be a good idea to work with these guys considering they seem to have some sort of relationship built with EA/DICE already to host the Alpha/Beta servers. We should expect them to have all server-side updates online first and foremost and to have a great understanding of how the server software works right on launch day. I haven't taken the time to look at prices and what not yet but I'd say this is a great way to get GC going.

Battlefield 3 Tournament Administrator
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

They're still running the promo, dont see any of the package benefits working for us.

It comes down to wrestling with everyone's pings. And the process (if any) of switching a server to private from public.

Network

i3D.net operates 3500+ servers at multiple locations around the globe (Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Frankfurt, Paris, London, Sydney, Tokyo, New York, Virginia, Dallas, Los Angeles). Both housing and network of our main location in Rotterdam is powered by i3D.net.
i3D.net owns and operates a 36,000 sq ft datacenter in Rotterdam and a 102 gbit trans-atlantic network. For our hardware we chose the best parts from a small number of top manufacturers, making not a single concession when it comes to quality equipment. For routing we use the following equipment:

•2x Brocade XMR 8000 - Rotterdam
•2x Brocade RX 8 - Rotterdam
•1x Brocade XMR 8000 - Amsterdam
•1x Brocade XMR 4000 - Frankfurt

The colocation core switches used by i3D.net are Brocade RX 8 chassis-based switches. These switches each contain twenty 10 gigabit ports and dozens gigabit fiber ports. Our dedicated racks use Dell 6248 switches with 10 gbit connections to our core routers. From these switches all racks are supplied with redundant gigabit uplinks.

http://i3d.net/network.php
Connections

The i3D.net network operates AS49544 with the following connections.

Transit

•30.000 Mbit Level 3 (Rotterdam)
•10.000 Mbit Level 3 (Frankfurt)
•20.000 Mbit Global Crossing (Rotterdam)
•10.000 Mbit Global Crossing (Frankfurt)
•10.000 Mbit Telia (Amsterdam)
Exchange •10.000 Mbit AMS-IX (Amsterdam)
•10.000 Mbit DE-CIX (Frankfurt)
•10.000 Mbit LINX (London)
•1.000 Mbit PLIX (Warsaw)
•2.000 Mbit NetNod (Stockholm)
•1.000 Mbit Equinix private peer (Washington DC)
•1.000 Mbit Rackspace UK private peer (London Slough)
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Ash does this mean higher number is better?
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

The higher the better!

Is there any word on if they are going to allow the server files so we can use say the server we have now?
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Von_Krieg wrote:The higher the better!

Is there any word on if they are going to allow the server files so we can use say the server we have now?
They've confirmed they aren't releasing the server files.

As for i3d I wouldn't use them personally. From my personal experience I would go with multiplay. They offer servers in Europe and US and have a phenomenal service. Little on the pricey side but you pay for what you get.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

styphon wrote:
Von_Krieg wrote:The higher the better!

They've confirmed they aren't releasing the server files.

As for i3d I wouldn't use them personally. From my personal experience I would go with multiplay. They offer servers in Europe and US and have a phenomenal service. Little on the pricey side but you pay for what you get.
In our clan we had nothing but good experiences with i3d.net. Are Multiplay servers UK based only when it comes to Europe?
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

No, they have London (UK), Amsterdam (Holland), Frankfurt (Germany), Milan (Italy) and Hudiksvall (Sweden)

They have a special deal on at the moment, if you pre-order before release you get 50% off for the life of the server. It's normally £2 a slot, so with the offer it would be £1 a slot. That's £64 a month per server or approx €73 / $102 per month. They do offer big discounts for paying annually, bi-annually or quarterly.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

styphon wrote:No, they have London (UK), Amsterdam (Holland), Frankfurt (Germany), Milan (Italy) and Hudiksvall (Sweden)

They have a special deal on at the moment, if you pre-order before release you get 50% off for the life of the server. It's normally £2 a slot, so with the offer it would be £1 a slot. That's £64 a month per server or approx €73 / $102 per month. They do offer big discounts for paying annually, bi-annually or quarterly.
That's pretty expensive, considering I have seen US servers being offered at $1-1.20 a slot.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

WoodenPlank wrote:
styphon wrote:No, they have London (UK), Amsterdam (Holland), Frankfurt (Germany), Milan (Italy) and Hudiksvall (Sweden)

That's pretty expensive, considering I have seen US servers being offered at $1-1.20 a slot.
I did say it was pricey, but you get what you pay for. Multiplay are an outstanding company.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

I only played a tiny bit on Euro servers so cant really say much about them.

Over here in NA, I really didnt notice any real difference between server providers other than location created different pings.
The game hids the lag pretty good except when you die behind cover or get hits on a target and they dont register.

We are currently de-activated at PBBans, would be nice to coordinate reactivation with them when a server is brought online. Miss the anti-hack chats between server admins and looking up player history.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Ash2Dust wrote:I only played a tiny bit on Euro servers so cant really say much about them.

Over here in NA, I really didnt notice any real difference between server providers other than location created different pings.
The game hids the lag pretty good except when you die behind cover or get hits on a target and they dont register.

We are currently de-activated at PBBans, would be nice to coordinate reactivation with them when a server is brought online. Miss the anti-hack chats between server admins and looking up player history.
This would be excellent. Always brought a smile to my face when playing BC2 and seeing someone kicked by PBBans before they even got loaded in, since they were a known cheater.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

WoodenPlank wrote: This would be excellent. Always brought a smile to my face when playing BC2 and seeing someone kicked by PBBans before they even got loaded in, since they were a known cheater.
Those messages weren't people trying to get on our server. Those messages were sent out to every server subscribed to PBBans when a player was banned from a server subscribed to PBBans.