Re: Back to Karkand

Post by sushi »

EA at its best than .... :evil:
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

Not good news for me. I may have to retire :(.
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

Von_Krieg wrote:Not good news for me. I may have to retire :(.
Give it a try, first :-)
Hi!
Ferrit

Post by Ferrit »

WoodenPlank wrote:B2K is out today, and it runs even worse than the main game does. I'm seeing more stuttering, appearing/disappearing players and instant deaths (even on low ping servers) than in the standard BF3 maps. I would imagine this is mainly because of the "enhanced destruction" being so processor driven.
you can pick up a quad core these days for peanuts.

Hell i'm only running an AMD triple core and run it fine.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Ferrit wrote:
WoodenPlank wrote:B2K is out today, and it runs even worse than the main game does. I'm seeing more stuttering, appearing/disappearing players and instant deaths (even on low ping servers) than in the standard BF3 maps. I would imagine this is mainly because of the "enhanced destruction" being so processor driven.
you can pick up a quad core these days for peanuts.

Hell i'm only running an AMD triple core and run it fine.
That would also require a new motherboard and ram to go with the new processor. I simply can not afford the upgrade right now.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
Ferrit

Post by Ferrit »

what socket does you're current mobo have?

Or even better what is your mobo?

EDIT,

Are you aware that a lot of components are backward compatible?

IE: An AM3+ CPU will work in an AM3/AM2/AM2+ socketed mobo.
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

Ferrit wrote:Are you aware that a lot of components are backward compatible?

Yep, you can run AM3 CPUs with DDR2 in AM2 motherboards. Very handy.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
Ferrit

Post by Ferrit »

Also heard you say to Busten on TS lastnight you leave your settings on auto.. if you lower everything as far as it will go.

Antisotropic , OFF
AA deffered, OFF
Ambient occlusion, OFF

keep MESH quality as high as possible i think thats the one that does you're draw distance.

Lower your resolution to what you deem acceptable to view it 'MAY' run better.

i say this because my auto settings set everything to High/some ultra.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

madcow wrote:
Ferrit wrote:Are you aware that a lot of components are backward compatible?

Yep, you can run AM3 CPUs with DDR2 in AM2 motherboards. Very handy.
I'd still make sure the current motherboard supported CPU list includes the CPU before the purchase. Sometimes requires updating to the latest BIOS.

Also, the memory could be an issue. I know my system eventually struggles over time with only having 4GB.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Actually, I already have a Phenom II 965 en route. I have an Asus M2N32 Deluxe SLI Wireless, and the last BIOS update for it added Phenom II support, officially up to the 940. There's a 950+ page long thread on Overclocker.net of people with the same motherboard, and quite a few have gotten the 125w 965 up and running on my board with no issues. All that's required is a tweaking tool to manually set the clock multiplier and voltage. I didn't know that until a few days ago, and a friend is sending me a 965 he had sitting on a shelf, new in box.

I currently have an EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 896mb video card. Kinda on the low side, but well above the minimum requirements. Since I got the 965 for free, I'm hoping I might get a little Christmas money to be able to upgrade that, as well. I still think most of the issues I have had are a combination of dual-core processor, and DiCE's crap coding. I've seen several discussions of how the graphics engine is programmed, and it is apparently optimized for console architecture, not for PC. If I just had low framerates, I wouldn't be as pissed off - but when I start getting more problems with every successive patch (the people disappearing/reappearing on 64p constantly was there in the initial patch, went away with the first couple server patches, and has now returned with the B2K patch. That's a coding issue, not a problem with my computer), I get pissed at DiCE. Guess I am lucky that I was able to get the 965, and that it will run in my motherboard. Guess I will have to wait and see how bad the game chokes with the upgraded proc and slower video card.

As for changing everything to low, last time I tried the game hard-locked on me. :evil:
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!