Closed practice sessions?

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

WoodenPlank

Closed practice sessions?

Post by WoodenPlank »

Now that we have a GC server up and running, how do some of you feel about having some closed practice sessions? Unfortunately, unranked servers are still not working, so we would have to use a passworded ranked server. I would love to try to get my joystick up and running for jets in BF3, but that's just not going to be possible on a public server.

So, thoughts? Maybe pick one night a week to lock it up for an hour or two and let people get a chance to get in there and try things out, work on settings, etc.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Closed practice sessions?

Post by Hitman47 »

smells like stat padding.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Hitman47 wrote:smells like stat padding.
I don't see how. If we just play the game like we do on other ranked servers then I don't see any harm in that.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

.Sup wrote:
I don't see how. If we just play the game like we do on other ranked servers then I don't see any harm in that.
what's the point of having it closed then and not playing on a pub server if all is the same?

on another note: I would like to see us have some warm up battles until the campaign starts. Something like Saturday nights, locked server, ppl who show up on TS playground rules, split in 2 teams, squad deathmatch or rush or whatever. Ya know what I'm sayin? :twisted:
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Hitman47 wrote:
.Sup wrote:
what's the point of having it closed then and not playing on a pub server if all is the same?

on another note: I would like to see us have some warm up battles until the campaign starts. Something like Saturday nights, locked server, ppl who show up on TS playground rules, split in 2 teams, squad deathmatch or rush or whatever. Ya know what I'm sayin? :twisted:
Its because on pub I was only able to take the chopper once. How can I practice with it if I never get it?
I would like to play Squad Rush tonight. Count me in if anybody wants to play.
Ferrit

Post by Ferrit »

I'd like a stab at some squad rush...
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Hitman47 wrote:
.Sup wrote:

As someone else said, you often have to fight for aircraft. I want to get my joystick configured and working, but there's no way I will be able to pull that off on a public server - between fighting for aircraft, having to dodge AA, MANPAD and other jets, and the dodgy controls, it's just not possible. I'd be perfectly happy doing it on an unranked server, but we still don't have access to that, supposedly.
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

There are empty servers out there too. I've never joined one, so I'm not sure if they force you to stay unspawned... but I imagine you could just join a server with 0 people in it and use whatever vehicle you wanted :-)
Hi!
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Well, thats an issue too, you cant practice on an empty server unless you are able to filter out the minimum numbers to start the server and 1 exists that starts with 0 players.

An immediate solution would be to only join servers with 8 people.

I'm not against locking the server and enjoying it in our own way. Its not a stand in the corner, kill, and revive scenario for an hour. It would be more of a gentlemans agreement to let Planky or whomever jets for a hour or two. It can be just Plank for an hour by himself as long as I dont have to listen to the F-bomb every fourth word.

If fear of being labelled a stat padder is an issue, then we need to harass EA/Dice into getting the non-ranked option working in the game.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Another possibility is to set the server to start with 1 players a certain time of the night and we dont lock it. I dont think theres any rules with setting your server to start with 1 player. GC'ers would have the knowledge thats the best time to play around with the equipment.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Wasnt a 'free' 16 player server part of the package? Too lazy to look at the promo.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Ash2Dust wrote:Wasnt a 'free' 16 player server part of the package? Too lazy to look at the promo.
Its still ranked. All servers are ranked atm
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

Ash2Dust wrote:It can be just Plank for an hour by himself as long as I dont have to listen to the F-bomb every fourth word.
I had to quote 8)

I do want somewhere to practice jets and chopper peacefully too, not for unlock, but to get the hang of it...
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."
-Winston Churchill
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Ash2Dust wrote:Wasnt a 'free' 16 player server part of the package? Too lazy to look at the promo.
If we get this up and running, then we could just leave this server locked as a practice server, and set the minimum player count as low as possible.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

StarLord wrote:
Ash2Dust wrote:It can be just Plank for an hour by himself as long as I dont have to listen to the F-bomb every fourth word.
I had to quote 8)

I do want somewhere to practice jets and chopper peacefully too, not for unlock, but to get the hang of it...

:roll: