Moderator: Executive

Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

W.I.R.A.F.O.E.C.D. Forces on the Move!

Post by Shrapnel »

c1map-week1.jpg
c1map-week1.jpg (170.09 KiB) Viewed 3218 times
The cracks of gun fire and thunder claps of explosions we heard across eastern Europe, eastern Africa and the Middle East as W.I.R.A.F.O.E.C.D. forces launched what they call Operation SIC or "Stun and Intimidate through Combat" against the Red Cossacks. Initial reports from the front indicate that the acronym army has solidified their hold on the cities of Warsaw, Grozny, Tehran and Djibouti. Their attacks against Red Cossack's logistical operating areas came after weeks of political posturing in the media and the break down of diplomatic talks just a few weeks ago.
caspian-border.jpg
caspian-border.jpg (120.6 KiB) Viewed 3218 times
The Acronym Army's first strike occured in a city that has been the initial target for many leaders looking to expand their empires in the past, Warsaw. "We had recieved intel that indicated a Red Cossacks Black Ops, Explosives, Assault and Reconnaissance team, commonly called a RED BEAR squad, was operating in the area," said Hitman, the Acronym Army's chief intelligence officer and second in command. "Our sources said they were close to infiltrating a WIR'A command and planning operations center which would have compromised our attack plans and cost many brave men their lives. They had to be put out of action before we launched Operation SIC."

The self proclaimed leader of this RED BEAR Squad, who hid his identity behind a pair of goggles, responded by saying. "The Infidels have only delayed the inevitable. My Imortal Guard will strike back with a fiery vengence that will burn their very souls!"
bf3-damavand-peak.jpg
bf3-damavand-peak.jpg (108.08 KiB) Viewed 3218 times
News of the team's compromise quickly reached General Sushi who ordered his troops to move on WIR'A security forces operating in Grozny, an important logisitcs route waypoint between Eastern Europe and the Middle East. However, the Red Cossacks did not find mere security forces, but an entire combined arms brigade as General Brummie had already staged his troops there in preparation for Operation SIC.

Commenting on the situation CPT Haz said, "The Red Cossacks expected to find a lounging platoon of home sick kids playing Xbox and drinking beer. Instead they found the might of the 7th Ironside Buffalo Mechanized Brigade rolling through the mountains!"

MAJ Chefcook admitted "The CHOP Shop ran into heavier than expected resistance. Had we known the capitalist swine had positioned so many of their tin cans in the mountain pass we would have equipped more of our men with can openers. This is only a minor set back as most of our forces are still held in reserve awaiting the call to defend the mother land. The intelligence baffoons responsible for this mistake will be diciplined severly by General Sushi."
Golf-of-Oman.jpg
Golf-of-Oman.jpg (87.13 KiB) Viewed 3218 times
Bolstered by their successes, the acronym army wasted no time in mobilizing their forces for the initial strikes of Operation SIC. General Brummie order his troops to land in Djibouti, succeeding in catching Red Cossack's security forces by surprise.

"Djibouti is an important logistical hub for the Red Cossacks," commented GC New's senior corespondent HumanSpeedBump. "It provides security overwatch for the Red Sea, securing vital supply lines from the Middle East to Red Cossack's strong holds along the Mediterranean. The loss of this port means vital supplies will have to tranist around South Africa or take an overland route. Combined with the capture of Grozny by the Acronym Army, this loss could have a devastating effect on the Red Cossack's ability to resupply their troops."

Vehicles flying the heraldry of the Acronym Army's 8th Snow Leopards Brigade were reportedly spotted in the city following the attack. However, CPT Robawillis declined to comment on the situation claiming, "The events surrounding the freeing of Djibouti are classified."

MAJ .Sup of the Red Cossack's Defense Ground Forces said, "I can't comment on what happened as I was away securing General Sushi's dry cleaning, but if I was there I assure you those sneaking dogs would have been sent running to the hills! I say to my brothers suffering the occupation, stay strong, our invicible soldiers will come for you soon."
battlefield-3-tehran-highway1.jpg
battlefield-3-tehran-highway1.jpg (63.98 KiB) Viewed 3218 times
The final confrontation of the weekend occured in the Iranian capital of Tehran. Where the Red Cossak's forces evacuated their operational headquarters as the Acronym Army flooded the streets.

"I praise my troops for their commendable performance, protecting our important secrets and planning documents from the imperialistic dogs," said General Sushi. "Though we may have lost control of the facility they will find nothing of use there as my legion of indestructable soldiers had already moved everything of value. We expected them to attempt to make a quick move on our HQ and their pride in this meaning less victory will only hasten their ultimate demise."

With a different perspective on this battle General Brummie submitted the following. "All the Red Cossack's Base are belong to us! ...but seriously, this was a quick and decisive blow designed to bring General Sushi back to the surrendering...er I mean, negotiation table. We expect to have this whole operation wrapped up in time for Valentine's day. I'm so confident I just invested heavily in the Hallmark Corporation!"

The international outcry resulting from the Acronym Army's sudden escalation has resulted in the UN declaring a mandatory two week cease fire between the two armies. During this time the international commitee will convene a tribunal to discuss imposing diplomatic measures on both the western and eastern forces designed to prevent further loss of life and return the situation to the relative calm that existed just a few weeks ago.

General's Brummie and Sushi both insinuated that they view this as a diplomatic strongarm tactic by outside observers and neither seemed to believe that the tribunal will have any effect at all. However, they have both agreed to honor the cease fire to prevent immediate trade restrictions. Analysts say that this is most likely a rouse designed to buy them time to strengthen their forces and the end result will simply be an even more explosive clash between these two military titans.
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
LandRover

Re: W.I.R.A.F.O.E.C.D. Forces on the Move!

Post by LandRover »

Thanks for brilliantly recounting this witty tale of two armies explosive debut in the first GC BF3 campaign.
Loved it! k:good:
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

Great post!

I love the campaign map, though I believe that it will look even better with a reddish hue. The reddish hue of Cossack dominance and burning acronym villages. :twisted:
Hi!
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

nice, keep it up 8)
I`m sure shrap gets a blink blink for this good job and a job offer from Times magazine :)
I like the map too
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

You know goggles, this was all part of the plan!

But in the end, nobody can stop the Red Flood! For General Sushi, for the red Cossacks!!!

FOR THE HORDE!!!

Oh, i think i got carried away there...

BTW: Great Post Shrap! Thumbs up!
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Right, as long as my laundry is clean, nobody can defeat the cossacks!
Total_focus_haz

Post by Total_focus_haz »

Great article well done shraps..
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

sushi25 wrote:Right, as long as my laundry is clean, nobody can defeat the cossacks!
As clean as it gets sir!
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

.Sup wrote:
sushi25 wrote:Right, as long as my laundry is clean, nobody can defeat the cossacks!
As clean as it gets sir!
We used the good toothbrush this time, sir!
Hi!