Populating the GC servers...

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

WoodenPlank

Re: Populating the GC servers...

Post by WoodenPlank »

I love the names "Brass balls and glass walls" and "dead pubbie society" for the servers...
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
Zaitsev Jr.

Post by Zaitsev Jr. »

Re: Server Names

Global Conflict Europe 1P Start Extra Tickets

Global Conflict North America 1P Extra Tickets

keepin it simple.

What Game Mode and which maps will be revealed during play and spam box, i guess ...

Also, keeping ticket info and stuff out of the server name leaves it open for minor adjustments later on, should one be required, without compromising the name.

Advertise less, and point to the forums.
A simple "Visit our site for details" or something like that should bring interested players to our front page, were tutorial and educational info should be headlining. Here, a graphical appealing advertisement should have more impact, than in the in-game message, where it rather distracts from trying to not get killed :)
I am only responsible for what i write,
not what you understand.
C9:ImageC10:ImageC13:Image
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

We can shorten the url from "www.global-conflict.org" to "gcbf3.com" and have it point to the same place. That gets the advertising without taking up so much space.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Cheesy wrote:We can shorten the url from "www.global-conflict.org" to "gcbf3.com" and have it point to the same place. That gets the advertising without taking up so much space.
Do we actually have that domain?

Progress report: Got both the NA and EU servers rocking tonight. Some of the dudes from UAN came over to help get the NA server rolling. Currently running Wake, Oman, Sharqi, and Karkand 64p maps. NA server is currently rocking a full 64 players on Wake, and staying full. The EU server has died, but it had upwards of 40 people at one point tonight.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Had our first hacker tonight, too, using the AA hack. He didn't even try to hide it, was just using the false kill reporting to slaughter the RU team on Oman. He's banned by GUID, reason given in PROCON is "Hack"
ShadowrogueXl

Post by ShadowrogueXl »

AusbilderSchmidt wrote:
ShadowrogueXl wrote:I mostly am with schmiddy...

wtf schmiddy - help my retard brain and tell me , did we once meet at the "ballerbude" team and went here together or is this coincidence?
since im very sure our "ballerbude" wasnt a clone or sth since i was there for about.. dunno -some years..
Do you know "Teufelsgeneral"(chris) then? and im sure it wasnt founded by a clan union - this came quite some time later.. but help me out pls my memories are old and fogged by drugs and rock and roll.

cheers
lol :lol: its a very long time ago...yeah but this was the legendary "Ballerbude"...Chris with his Clanguys , a Sniperclan and a handful of my ESL-Team (Fungamer-Alliance, fGa) were founder of the Ballerbude...shame on u that u cant remember...but i think u joined later....anyway in this days i maked advertising for GC about organized battles and u followed me to this nice place here :D
hm funny ! yeye i remember that fusion.
And no i was there already for a very long time. And the server was already there and quite famous before we merged the clans- we did that merge cause chris wanted to have some more people paying for it - we had not had so many paying people in our clan (i was doing this server with chris for about 2years or sth before the merge with "hcf(? i guess)" later "ODG". I m not even sure if the name "ballerbude" was new after merge - i think it was already like that.
Anyways good to know^^
ye can be possible that i followed u here - with steve-23 and 1 or 2 other new members of that clan.
Really strange - this feels like it was a century ago...
Reallife Sucks But Graphix Is Awesome!!!
The boys are back in town!
We are surrounded? Thats great so we can attack in every direction!!!
Zaitsev Jr.

Post by Zaitsev Jr. »

Caspian and Kharg should go into the map cycle, as well as Bazaar.
We do not need Metro, as there is tons of those already.

Here is a map cycle:

Kharg
Karkand
Oman
Bazaar
Caspian
Wake
Sharqi

Omit Oman, once people had their fill with it, as of now, a lot of pubs are going for the sniper on construction site thing, a little twisted to get out but still fun :)

set at 200 percent tickets at least, and cycle the idle map if no one is on every hour, if possible.
This should appeal to a casual gamer and keep the sickos away ;)

Slots be 64, always. From what i can tell, favourite filter options are 64 slots,
1-5, 6-10, 10+ slots free or empty.

Below an example of server names as well
Note: This is Europe only, assuming i am going for low ping.

not what you understand.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Zaitsev Jr. wrote:Caspian and Kharg should go into the map cycle, as well as Bazaar.
We do not need Metro, as there is tons of those already.

Here is a map cycle:

Kharg
Karkand
Oman
Bazaar
Caspian
Wake

set at 200 percent tickets at least, and cycle the idle map if no one is on every hour, if possible.
This should appeal to a casual gamer and keep the sickos away ;)

Slots be 64, always. From what i can tell, favourite filter options are 64 slots,
1-5, 6-10, 10+ slots free or empty.

Below an example of server names as well
Note: This is Europe only, assuming i am going for low ping.

Longer map lists seem to be less popular, at least in my experience. We had great luck last night with 4 maps in the rotation. Both servers are currently empty, though, so we will have to work on populating them again tonight.

I'd say keep the map rotation around 4 for a while, and maybe expand that once we aren't having to fight every night to get the population up.
Zaitsev Jr.

Post by Zaitsev Jr. »

WoodenPlank wrote: ... and maybe expand that once we aren't having to fight every night to get the population up.
That is the issue ... changing it later, because we can ... ^^

Why do i get the impression, being busy tinkering with admin tools seems to neglect the endgame, which should be player interest, and that change is only accepted if its either hilariously entertaining generally or when Dice or EA utilize their marketing tools to announce it ?

Identify your assets and your goal, set the strategy and then ... don't f**k with it, even if it goes bad. Give it time.
Players will not adjust to the server settings. They will walk up, pick and taste,
... and if they like it, they will be back.
The main ingredient is, how the game goes once its on.
not what you understand.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Updated the NA server name to describe the current rotation and settings...

Multiplay :: Global-conflict.org 1P Start, Armor-n-Air Maps
matty85

Post by matty85 »

i dont know if this has been said i started skimming the pages and didnt seeit. i was just on the EU server and having 0 unlocks isnt very player friendly..... i know if i joined a server and had to start over id leave and find another... i think that needs to be disabled?

o0Matty0o
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

Unlocks are set to on, you should have had your own ones available.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
matty85

Post by matty85 »

madcow wrote:Unlocks are set to on, you should have had your own ones available.
when on the server i had nothing? i unlocked IR flares in the viper and leveled up to level 1..... def didnt have any unlocks.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

matty85 wrote:
madcow wrote:Unlocks are set to on, you should have had your own ones available.
when on the server i had nothing? i unlocked IR flares in the viper and leveled up to level 1..... def didnt have any unlocks.
There was a glitch similar to this at one point, either early on in the retail, or during the beta. Try logging out of origin and battle log, log back in, and try the server again.
matty85

Post by matty85 »

WoodenPlank wrote:
matty85 wrote:
There was a glitch similar to this at one point, either early on in the retail, or during the beta. Try logging out of origin and battle log, log back in, and try the server again.
i just did a windows update had to restart just come off of the server and its the same? let me try another server ....

edit:: other servers tried its just the GC one....