GC Youtube channel?

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

.Sup
Executive
Executive

GC Youtube channel?

Post by .Sup »

Would anyone be interested in recording during battledays? If there is enough of you interested we will create our own channel. The video would need to be uploaded somewhere where I can download it and re-upload it to Youtube.
I know there are a couple of you who like to make videos and we would have all GC related videos in one place. In the video description I would mention the author and give you credits and also link to your Youtube channel.
BYN124

Re: GC Youtube channel?

Post by BYN124 »

I'd be interested, although I tried frapsing while playing bf3 at 60 fps. But it seems my HDD cant handle the load because I experience some shocking every few seconds. Anyone have advice for this how to do it better.

I though about lowering the framerate but I dont know the limit that would affect quality.

Help appreciated!
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

I can maybe record, although I've no experience in video editing. The footage could be useful for other peoples video's though.

Fraps has always had a bit of an issue with me. I went and fitted another HDD almost purely for video footage (Even if I don't use it, others may), but I've not tested to see how well it works.
Zaitsev Jr.

Post by Zaitsev Jr. »

Here is the details on what we used so far, that seems to turn out pretty decent quality.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17054#p180631
In-Game recording does require some buffy hardware.
I am only responsible for what i write,
not what you understand.
C9:ImageC10:ImageC13:Image
Snow1Wolf

Post by Snow1Wolf »

I need someone to give me step by step instruction of how to set-up fraps recording stuff. I used 30 frames per second and yet 1 minute of footage is 1GB!!! I don't have THAT much space laying around...
For CAFFEINE!!!!!
Zaitsev Jr.

Post by Zaitsev Jr. »

http://forums.techarena.in/guides-tutorials/1139661.htm
Your not going to get around having Disk Space availabe ...
Maybe we can tinker something, need your System Spec though. Help us help you.
Then, this issue may be better placed in Tech Support :wink:
I am only responsible for what i write,
not what you understand.
C9:ImageC10:ImageC13:Image
Snow1Wolf

Post by Snow1Wolf »

Is there easy way to export my computer stats? I got my part boxes everywhere but where I can check easily...
For CAFFEINE!!!!!
marvk
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by marvk »

Snow1Wolf wrote:Is there easy way to export my computer stats? I got my part boxes everywhere but where I can check easily...
CPU-Z/GPU-Z

Topic: I can record 720p with dxtory on HQ while playing on 1080p with High/Ultra mixed. I'll probably upload some test footage later.
BF3C2: HiT 1st Lieutenant of the Airforce
BF3C3: DARK 1st Lieutenant of the Airforce
BF3C4: STAR Private First Class of the Airforce
SQRush Tournament #1: Winner
SQRush Tournament #2: Winner
SQRush Tournament #3: Semi Finals
Zimmin

Post by Zimmin »

I'd be vary interested to record during the whole battle day.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

A friend suggested we should use twitch.tv or Justin.tv for live streaming. We wouldn't have to compress anything and everything is stored online. Anyone have any experience with this?
marvk
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by marvk »

.Sup wrote:A friend suggested we should use twitch.tv or Justin.tv for live streaming. We wouldn't have to compress anything and everything is stored online. Anyone have any experience with this?
Got experience with livestream.com Should probably work for anyone with an ok rig and a decent connection (should be more than 2k :p). You can adjust the quality in their programs by streamrate (e.g.: 250kb/sec or 500kb/sec).
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Could you link me to your channel so I can see what the video quality looks like?
dad0ughb0y

Post by dad0ughb0y »

.Sup wrote:A friend suggested we should use twitch.tv or Justin.tv for live streaming. We wouldn't have to compress anything and everything is stored online. Anyone have any experience with this?
IMO, the quality is pretty crappy.

I know I haven't been very productive for the last three weeks, but I'd have to say that at 49.99 for Fraps, 140 for a 1tb Sata3 WD black, and your choice of rendering software isn't a bad choice... but then you have to really have something in the i7 range with 8GB of RAM to record at 30+ FPS on full display to get pretty good results.
-Dough
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

The thing is you still need to compress the footage, upload it and then re-upload it.
marvk
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by marvk »

I havent actually used justin.tv/twitch.tv. I'll try to do a test stream tomorrow or thursday.
This is a 720p screencap from a dxtory video (29.97 fps). I can record with High/Ultra settings while playing on 1080p. [My specs]. Yes, it get's worse while compressing, but not too much. If you want to go for quality, you definitely don't want to go with anything lifestream.