Final patch notes highlight/discussion

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Snow1Wolf

Final patch notes highlight/discussion

Post by Snow1Wolf »

-Flares will no longer break the lock of a vehicle that is locked on, it will only distract the missiles.
-The IGLA and Stinger now lock on much more quickly and disable an attack aircraft in 1 hit, but have significantly reduced range. This should allow Stingers to mount an effective close range point defense, without dominating an entire airspace.
-AA Missiles are more difficult to dodge in Jets, this was unintended behavior that created an imbalance against skilled pilots.
-AA Missiles should no longer kill the pilot instead of the vehicle.
-AA Missiles should no longer detonate before hitting their target or a Flare/ECM chaff cloud.

Now I won't feel like I am throwing rocks at jets when I using IGLA and Stingers...HOPEFULLY.

-Guided Rockets will now only track ground targets, as originally intended. (What does this mean?)

-Players can now earn the shotgun Ribbon using the M26 MASS. (BRING OUT THE SHOTGUNS BABY!!!)

-Fixed the 40mm smoke grenade so it no longer passes through soldiers and unbroken objects before it detonates. (MORE LUNG CANCER PLEASE!!)

-PKP: Reduced recoil but added a slight initial recoil, increased damage at max range. The Pecheneg has a heavy vertical recoil with a hard hitting round and little drift, this makes it excellent at sustained fire. (They are buffing my favorite gun? WHAT?)

-AK-74M: Reduced initial recoil and vertical recoil. The AK-74M sacrifices rate of fire for controllable automatic fire, the initial recoil was negatively affecting the feeling of controllability. (I WANT THE CS VERSION TO BE IN BF3!!! :evil: )

-AN94: Reduced vertical recoil. The AN94′s 2 round burst mode is incredibly accurate, but it suffers from a low rate of fire on fully automatic. The recoil in full auto has been reduced somewhat to offset this penalty and make the AN94 more attractive. (Um, the laser pointer is getting more OP?...We are all frak)

BIPOD (tl;dr THEY STILL DON'T HAVE A DESIGNATED BUTTON FOR DEPLOYMENT)
-The Accuracy increase and Recoil reduction of the Bipod has been significantly improved for Assault Rifles and Carbines.
-The Bipod now provides similar Accuracy and Recoil benefits no matter if the weapon is fired while aiming or without aiming for all weapons. Previously only LMGs were worked this way. This especially improves the speed at which snipers can make follow up shots, and also allows effective unaimed suppressive fire with Assault Rifles and Carbines.
-Increased the Speed at which a bipod is deployed, allowing the user to obtain the bipod’s bonus sooner after the deploy has started and allowing the weapon to be aimed in a far shorter time. The speed has been increased 40-50%, depending on the weapon and animation.

-The Aimed Accuracy bonus provided by the Heavy Barrel has been increased. This will increase the effectiveness of the Heavy Barrel for small bursts, as originally intended. (The AN-94 will get ban now...)

LASER SIGHT (tl;dr It is getting a buff, CAN SOMEBODY TEACH ME HOW TO USE THIS?)
-The Hip Accuracy bonus provided by the Laser Sight has been increased. Some PDWs have had their crouch and prone base stats adjusted to prevent hip firing being more accurate than aimed fire when using a laser sight.
-The bonus is now a weapon specific value instead of a global percentage, some guns receive larger or smaller bonuses, though all bonuses are better than they were previously.
For CAFFEINE!!!!!
AchillesGRK

Re: Final patch notes highlight/discussion

Post by AchillesGRK »

Oh the AN-94 is my preferred assault weapon, MUAHAHAHA!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Adama4269
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Final patch notes highlight/discussion

Post by Adama4269 »

Snow1Wolf wrote: LASER SIGHT (tl;dr It is getting a buff, CAN SOMEBODY TEACH ME HOW TO USE THIS?)
I think it just gives a passive bonus to your hipfire accuracy. So when you're firing without looking down sights, your bullet spread will be less with a laser pointer than without.