Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Juffalo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

To all those who hate suppression

Post by Juffalo »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNptSCNwE_g

DICEs balanced team has stated they overbuffed suppression and will be bringing it into heel a little bit.

Hopefully this patch will hit in a timely fashion so I don't punch a hole in my apartment wall right before my lease is up.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Re: To all those who hate suppression

Post by Ash2Dust »

I always pick suppression for a squad perk. Its effective in keeping you alive long range as infantry.
Kismet
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kismet »

Hell yes, my brother... except I wonder how long it'll take.

BTW, my apartment walls are made of painted cinderblocks... which is excellent encouragement not to punch them.
Juffalo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Juffalo »

That's what I need. I haven't put any holes in mine yet but there is a pretty sizable dent after I launched a cup at my wall in the wake of losing a 35 minute ZvT. Actually a series of dents...
TychoBrahe

Post by TychoBrahe »

Juffalo wrote:That's what I need. I haven't put any holes in mine yet but there is a pretty sizable dent after I launched a cup at my wall in the wake of losing a 35 minute ZvT. Actually a series of dents...
Oh god SCII.
Kismet
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kismet »

I'm not a demanding gamer, I'm not one to notice subtleties much, as my abilities seem to flux plenty on their own. But this patch... is just awful. I like playing this game about 20% less now, if not a bit more like 35%. I used to think the complaints about EA were just excessively bitchy, but WOW they really screwed things up. If they don't fix this in the next couple months, I really will want my money back and they can take this shitty game back.
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

I've only played BF3 once since the patch (last battleday) and it didn't seem that bad so I'm unfamiliar with what people hate about it. Could you enlighten me?
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

When your screen is blurring, your cant fire straight. even when you perfectly aim.
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Chefcook wrote:When your screen is blurring, your cant fire straight. even when you perfectly aim.
Chef, you might also have been drinking again :wink:
bitesizebeef

Post by bitesizebeef »

Chefcook wrote:When your screen is blurring, your cant fire straight. even when you perfectly aim.
I dont see why this is such a deal breaker for alot of people, i mean isnt the point of suppression to make it so they cant return fire. Pre patch i never even noticed the effects of suppression because i could just shoot at the blob just as effectively as shooting at the blob that wasnt blurry
Juffalo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Juffalo »

It's more than just blurry now. Suppression increases your recoil modifiers and decreases your weapon accuracy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPP5OHk5s6w
bitesizebeef

Post by bitesizebeef »

Yea and I think thats how suppression should work. It adds an actual effect not just making me shoot at a blurry blob. Iv been on the receiving end of suppression fire for real and lets face it I wasnt doing my best shooting when returning fire, so I like that added aspect to the game.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

bitesizebeef wrote:Yea and I think thats how suppression should work. It adds an actual effect not just making me shoot at a blurry blob. Iv been on the receiving end of suppression fire for real and lets face it I wasnt doing my best shooting when returning fire, so I like that added aspect to the game.
Same here. I don't understand the complaints all that much. If I am shooting a hail of bullets at someone, they shouldn't be able to turn around and kill me very easily.
Image[/url]
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

I'm ok with how it is now.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
TCZapper
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TCZapper »

I always felt suppression needed a major buff because it pissed me off that people just turn around and shoot you, when in reality they'd want to get out of dodge first. Or the sniper who just received a bullet to the shoulder and can still headshot me just fine.

However, it is overkill here. I would be happier if the effects were more about range, rather than hindering the <10m so much. I don't mind not being able to hit a guy who is laying down suppressive fire on me from across the seine. I also think it needs a bit of a delay so that two enemies that run into each other aren't suppressed based off who fires first, first damage is bonus enough.

Despite a couple hours spent on Metro, I've only encountered 1-3 times where I felt suppression was absurd.