Is GC going to skip the Close Quarters DLC?

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Rev0lver3

Is GC going to skip the Close Quarters DLC?

Post by Rev0lver3 »

There are many reasons for asking this. First of all it is rumored that CQ DLC will only have 16 player maps, something that isn't compatible with the basic ideology of GC. 64 player battles is what makes GC the way it is, factoring not only player skill, but tactics as well. Secondly, there is much discontent among players about the quality of DICE/EA products, including the latest patch which did more harm than good. There is a general movement to boycott the next DLC so that EA finaly understand that "the gaming bunch" are actually sensible consumers. If GC is not going to implement CQ maps in their conquest, then I will too skip that DLC.
Kismet
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Is GC going to skip the Close Quarters DLC?

Post by Kismet »

I am definitely not interested in padding the paychecks of EA after this recent patch, and I'm unconvinced such a limited-player map will really be much fun anyway.

Of course, any decision will be made by the community on the actual DLC...but I doubt we'd ever play anything less than a 32-player map in a GC battle.
bitesizebeef

Post by bitesizebeef »

It has more or less already been said that GC will not be partaking in CQB as an official battle, due to the 16 player max. That being said its fairly obvious that CQB is being tailored for console gaming so I dont see why any PC players would buy it.
BLYFACTOR

Post by BLYFACTOR »

Im purchasing it,

Ive got to m320 some nub through a wall.

prob 14.95 $
GC Battledays (7)
Check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BLYFACTOR?feature=mhee
Epic 64 man Fun Stuff Sign Up hereviewtopic.php?f=2&t=17693&p=189318#p189318
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

In the past GC did use any Addon out there, as far as I recall. This will be for the Generals active at that time to decide. And it could also be something we will have our votable members (The members that donate for GC) to vote upon, since it is them that keep us going.

Nothing for you to worry about atm. Let the DLC hit the shelf's first. There will be not decisionmaking before that.
TCZapper
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TCZapper »

Yeah, I don't see it being using for the campaign, but I'll probably buy it. First, the guns. Oh god I want an AUG. Second, I've played pretty much only metro since Friday (excluding the time spent with GC). 64 player, no explosives is a lot of fun for me.

I'll be purchasing based off a few factors though: reviews, namely looking at LvLCap and rivalXfactor (who seem to enjoy the same bouts of metro as I do), and my opinion of DICE. I'm quite happy to hear about the AA fixes coming so quickly. Hopefully suppression and paper tank fixes can come quickly, though I suspect they aren't seen as bugs, so unlikely.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

bitesizebeef wrote:It has more or less already been said that GC will not be partaking in CQB as an official battle, due to the 16 player max. That being said its fairly obvious that CQB is being tailored for console gaming so I dont see why any PC players would buy it.
Theres no way to really know if its going to be skipped, but I havent seen any signs of requirement. Its inclusion can be examined after release. Its a Dice product, which means we are the quality control department. They will fix some things after releasing it.

For a Saturday battleday, I think there will be a strong opposition of playing 64 players on a 16 player map. It will be seen as mindless carnage.
For a Tuesday or Wednesday black op battlenight, we had regulars and intense firefights on 16 player maps loaded with 64. Could revive that tradition.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

GC did skip the bf2 "booster packs" when they were released. we did also use special forces when it was out.

but as stated it looks like the CQ pack is going to be about consoles and the 12 year olds wanting more call of duty style gameplay. I'm not getting it even if we do play it here.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Adama4269
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Adama4269 »

I'm buying, looks like lots of fun to me. But obviously if it really is 16-player maps it'd be a non-starter for GC.
LCourage
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LCourage »

I love CQC and can't wait to check out the improved interior destruction.
Tunnel Snakes rule!
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

From how packed Metro 24/7 servers are, I think Dice/EA will sell alot of copies. Some people love Metro, others hate it.
CanShield

Post by CanShield »

You know once all three DLC's are released they will come out with a sale pack price to nab even more purchases.
fittyman

Post by fittyman »

And then a few years down the road, release them for free.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Personally I'm not buying it. I don't enjoy CQC style of play.
DrunkenMc

Post by DrunkenMc »

Guns, that is all