M26 Mass + heavy barrel glitch ban

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

bitesizebeef

Re: M26 Mass + heavy barrel glitch ban

Post by bitesizebeef »

we played plenty of games with USAS/frag ammo before that crap was nerfed and made it out in pieces :P
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

bitesizebeef wrote:we played plenty of games with USAS/frag ammo before that crap was nerfed and made it out in pieces :P
Yeah but this is way worse than that, and an actual glitch not just an overpowered gun.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

I was playing on the same server as you on the opposite team with G3A3 h-bar with underslung dart and I disagree. I would've done just as fine with M16A3 and medpack if not better. I don't intend to use it on Battleday (first of all I won't be there) but I still think a ban is somewhat overkill.

If DICE considered it a serious bug they'd issue a Hotfix or at least openly admit it as a bug and state their intent to fix it.
BF3:
C2: [K22S] Kinetic Influence - Senior Operative
C3: [PI3d] PRIDe - Lieutenant
C4: [G1S] Gladius - Sergeant
C5: [KYT] Kitten Adventure Rainbow Time - Private 1st Class
C6: [SIP] International Monetary Fund - Private
BF4
C1: [AD] Allied Forces - Private
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

Henidhor wrote:I was playing on the same server as you on the opposite team with G3A3 h-bar with underslung dart and I disagree. I would've done just as fine with M16A3 and medpack if not better. I don't intend to use it on Battleday (first of all I won't be there) but I still think a ban is somewhat overkill.
Yeah I'm kinda not sure too, played with it a bit more and didn't do as well.
If DICE considered it a serious bug they'd issue a Hotfix or at least openly admit it as a bug and state their intent to fix it.
See my first post.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
LCourage
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LCourage »

Any exploitable bug should be banned for battle day. Using it would be considered an exploit since it's not only not working as intended but more importantly gives an extremely unfair advantage to the user. I don't care to hear opinions on how good you are with another weapon and could still kill the person using the exploit. Remember we have a wide variety of players here of all skill levels. We need to continue to keep the battle field even and exploit free as possible. It seems blatantly obvious in the videos that any weapon bugged to the point that it's giving a one shot kill at medium range should not be allowed during the battle.
Tunnel Snakes rule!
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Well, I played today and died for a guy using this glitch, I was in prone position with a LMG and bipod, and he was at medium range, he just appeared at the door I was looking at and one shot killed me with the M26, all this while I was spamming him with a LMG. I'm not saying we should try to ban it or anything, but there's no doubt that this thing is extremely overpowered in close to medium range, even against rifles and LMGs.
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

BushMaster wrote:Any exploitable bug should be banned for battle day. Using it would be considered an exploit since it's not only not working as intended but more importantly gives an extremely unfair advantage to the user. I don't care to hear opinions on how good you are with another weapon and could still kill the person using the exploit. Remember we have a wide variety of players here of all skill levels. We need to continue to keep the battle field even and exploit free as possible. It seems blatantly obvious in the videos that any weapon bugged to the point that it's giving a one shot kill at medium range should not be allowed during the battle.
LCourage putting us back on the straight and narrow. Yes I agree with you fully.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

having now played against it, I will agree we should have an agreement between the armies to not use it. definitely OP and unfair.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

I'm going to try and play with this exploit tonight and see how bad it is for myself. It seems that the general consensus is that it is ridiculously OP. I was unaware that it was that bad. (Especially now after looking at Blue's post)
Image[/url]
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

Please make sure to bring this to the attention of the commanding officers of both sides tomorrow. Based on this small but growing sample we can simply deal with it through a 'Gentleman's Agreement'. Ban's are overkill in most cases as they require sanctions. Sanctions require policing and enforcement - both of which mean headaches for someone somewhere. GA's simply require mutual agreement and self-discipline. That's usually enough for something of this magnitude. I trust we will all be on the same side with this. Because I love you all and want to hug you - bah :) What bush said.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

I'm willing to the GA right here right now.

Statement:
Our army won't use the bugged combination of weapons.

Enforcement:
If you get killed by someone using the bugged combination (assault rifle, rail, M26, heavy barrel) then screenshot the death message where it shows the killer's loadout and send it to your army's general after the battle. Individuals caught like that will have a talk with both Gens and TAs involved at a determined date.

Disclaimer:
No screenshot, no crying.

As General of HitCorp I agree to the above,
Signed Hitman

The GA is effective immediately upon other army's General's acceptance and will last until either army decides to break from it which has to be communicated beforehand verbally or written to the other side's General.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

Agreed Hitman.

I haven't personally experienced this combination to know the effect but I'll go by everyone's word hat it is broken.
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

On our server we agreed we wouldn't use it either.
TCZapper
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TCZapper »

For those curious, I came across this video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83VL3sS77-o[/youtube]

It shows that using the heavy barrel makes your underslung shotgun do the same damage as your assault rifle (25 for most, 34 for G3A3). The dart fires 12 pellets that do 12.5 damage each, but with heavy barrel they do 25 damage each. At max range (30m) they do 8.4 damage, and at max range I am guessing they do the assault rifle 18.4. For close range, that's 4/12 pellets to kill instead of 8/12, and 6/12 instead of all 12 at maximum range (30m). The mass does 15 damage with a shorter max range. As far as I know the heavy barrel also makes the pellets land more closely together, and it uses the maximum range of the pellets, not the rifle.

Considering the bolded part, this bug drastically changes the effectiveness of shotguns.

Also, DICE has confirmed they are working on a fix ASAP on twitter.
Undisparo

Post by Undisparo »

TCZapper wrote:For those curious, I came across this video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83VL3sS77-o[/youtube]

It shows that using the heavy barrel makes your underslung shotgun do the same damage as your assault rifle (25 for most, 34 for G3A3). The dart fires 12 pellets that do 12.5 damage each, but with heavy barrel they do 25 damage each. At max range (30m) they do 8.4 damage, and at max range I am guessing they do the assault rifle 18.4. For close range, that's 4/12 pellets to kill instead of 8/12, and 6/12 instead of all 12 at maximum range (30m). The mass does 15 damage with a shorter max range. As far as I know the heavy barrel also makes the pellets land more closely together, and it uses the maximum range of the pellets, not the rifle.

Considering the bolded part, this bug drastically changes the effectiveness of shotguns.

Also, DICE has confirmed they are working on a fix ASAP on twitter.

IT is crazy! I have played with it now for a little and average almost 3 kills a minute with over 100% accuracy.. I have played with it for over an hour so I feel I can say... ITS fraking CRAZY OVER POWERED. haha