Wirrew's GUI 2.0 concept

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

fittyman

Re: Wirrew's GUI 2.0 concept

Post by fittyman »

Well, the card I toasted when I flashed the Vbios wrong. Instead of flashing it to "4870M" I flashed it to a "4870" by mistake. I paid dearly for it. About 250 dollars for the replacement card. I get the card back, and my power brick dies so I start using a franken wire for power thinking it could do the same thing. Same amps and voltage, but the end connection needed to be modified. So I modified it to fit the Alienwares power port.. Which, in hindsight, I should have known it would not work. I turned it on, move the cable a bit when positioning my laptop, and.... Mobo fried. Was toast. I ended up stripping the mobo out and selling it as a skeleton, along with what ever parts I could verify as working. Which was everything pretty much. 2,000 dollar laptop, I made 1,100 back after sales. I then proceeded to buy another Alienware. Pretty much the same model but much much weaker. I sold that one a few weeks ago actually.
fawadforlan

Post by fawadforlan »

fittyman wrote:Well, the card I toasted when I flashed the Vbios wrong. Instead of flashing it to "4870M" I flashed it to a "4870" by mistake. I paid dearly for it. About 250 dollars for the replacement card. I get the card back, and my power brick dies so I start using a franken wire for power thinking it could do the same thing. Same amps and voltage, but the end connection needed to be modified. So I modified it to fit the Alienwares power port.. Which, in hindsight, I should have known it would not work. I turned it on, move the cable a bit when positioning my laptop, and.... Mobo fried. Was toast. I ended up stripping the mobo out and selling it as a skeleton, along with what ever parts I could verify as working. Which was everything pretty much. 2,000 dollar laptop, I made 1,100 back after sales. I then proceeded to buy another Alienware. Pretty much the same model but much much weaker. I sold that one a few weeks ago actually.
wow lol that sucks, why u don't buy a computer instead of a laptop.
I mean for 1100 you can get a gtx580 and a Intel i7. Or you can get a gtx570 instead of 580 and then you have alot of money for a good monitor.
Battlefield 3
Campaign 2 - Staff Sergeant
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
fittyman

Post by fittyman »

fawadforlan wrote: wow lol that sucks, why u don't buy a computer instead of a laptop.
I mean for 1100 you can get a gtx580 and a Intel i7. Or you can get a gtx570 instead of 580 and then you have alot of money for a good monitor.
While true, I go south a lot of the time. Not practical to bring a whole Desktop with me. I could have saved a boat load of money and went from the i7 920 to the i7 720 at the time but, I figured the 4870M was more than enough for gaming and I went with the CPU over GPU. I was right. No game was unplayable medium - high. Does not matter though, now the only laptop I have now is a netbook.
BYN124

Post by BYN124 »

Back on topic here!

I love this gui design! :)
AlbinoKalle69

Post by AlbinoKalle69 »

BYN124 wrote:Back on topic here!

I love this gui design! :)
Yup, me too! Nice work indeed k:good:
V_

Post by V_ »

Any chance of getting this thing implemented as a mod at GC? :P
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

BlackIce999 wrote:Any chance of getting this thing implemented as a mod at GC? :P
Not sure how since there are no mod tools
V_

Post by V_ »

.Sup wrote:
BlackIce999 wrote:Any chance of getting this thing implemented as a mod at GC? :P
Yeah, I know, just a wish...
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

BlackIce999 wrote:
.Sup wrote:
Yeah, I know, just a wish...
I'd rather have a mapmaker and get some community members together to churn out a ton of maps for us to use, I think in bf2 campaigns with our couple of custom maps and the special forces add on we had like 30 or something, apparently even more when bf42 was played here.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

.Sup wrote:
Just print out the concept on a piece of paper and attach it on your screen. :wink: