=GC= Goes Back To One Server

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

=GC= Goes Back To One Server

Post by styphon »

After a couple of weeks mixing between one server and two, last week we had one solid week of just one server and the opinion polls are in, people love 32 vs 32, even if it means having to sit out some rounds. And so this week the Generals and TAs decided to go back to one server full time. The numbers aren't so high that we're overflowing and we've seemed to hit a good steady number of people each week.

So make sure you sign up for each battle as Generals prioritise places to those who sign up first. Check out your barracks for the sign up post and let us know you're going to be coming. This week HitCorp gets to attack and they need all the HC need your support guys.

Oh, and of course, here's the newly updated map. Now we're back to one server we are losing the cities. Where Generals held either a city or a territory, they had to chose between maps (and to make things easy both sides had even numbers :D).
Click to make larger
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Re: =GC= Goes Back To One Server

Post by .Sup »

KI's troops are very eager to knife Hitman and the chances of doing it have doubled since we moved to one server.
DrunkenMc

Post by DrunkenMc »

do we have to update our Sign up Sheet/resign?
marvk
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by marvk »

Sweet! Way more fun at 32vs32
BF3C2: HiT 1st Lieutenant of the Airforce
BF3C3: DARK 1st Lieutenant of the Airforce
BF3C4: STAR Private First Class of the Airforce
SQRush Tournament #1: Winner
SQRush Tournament #2: Winner
SQRush Tournament #3: Semi Finals
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

DrunkenMc wrote:do we have to update our Sign up Sheet/resign?
No, signup post remains unchanged for this week. For May 12th it will be posted in the common Lounge
Undisparo

Post by Undisparo »

Sounds good! Now people will actually be forced to come to the forums and sign up and discuss instead of just showing up on Saturdays. Seats are now limited! ha. 32 v 32 is way more epic
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

Undisparo wrote:Sounds good! Now people will actually be forced to come to the forums and sign up and discuss instead of just showing up on Saturdays. Seats are now limited! ha. 32 v 32 is way more epic
Honestly this really suck for me. While I'm fairly active on the forum, I have a fairly busy and very tentative schedule on weekends and can often make an unpredictable part of a battleday, though often not the whole thing, and I usually can't know in advance. The fact that we will have to be signed up (when except for the first few battledays I was always welcome to drop in or leave early as my schedule required) will probably mean I won't be able to attend several battledays.
BF3:
C2: [K22S] Kinetic Influence - Senior Operative
C3: [PI3d] PRIDe - Lieutenant
C4: [G1S] Gladius - Sergeant
C5: [KYT] Kitten Adventure Rainbow Time - Private 1st Class
C6: [SIP] International Monetary Fund - Private
BF4
C1: [AD] Allied Forces - Private
Undisparo

Post by Undisparo »

Henidhor wrote:
Undisparo wrote:Sounds good! Now people will actually be forced to come to the forums and sign up and discuss instead of just showing up on Saturdays. Seats are now limited! ha. 32 v 32 is way more epic
Honestly this really suck for me. While I'm fairly active on the forum, I have a fairly busy and very tentative schedule on weekends and can often make an unpredictable part of a battleday, though often not the whole thing, and I usually can't know in advance. The fact that we will have to be signed up (when except for the first few battledays I was always welcome to drop in or leave early as my schedule required) will probably mean I won't be able to attend several battledays.
hmmm.. not sure what to say. Its a bummer, people get busy. Just sign up for the specific hours you can play. If that is unknown... then I really dont know what to say
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

I'm also assuming that this means we're going back to the good old fashioned formula of first half of battle on the EU server and the 2nd half on the NA server?
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

Henidhor wrote:The fact that we will have to be signed up (when except for the first few battledays I was always welcome to drop in or leave early as my schedule required) will probably mean I won't be able to attend several battledays.
You can still drop in and leave early. Signup really just gets you first crack at a spot in the first round. After that we rotate people in anyway, so it won't really matter if you signed up.
V_

Post by V_ »

Cheesy wrote:You can still drop in and leave early. Signup really just gets you first crack at a spot in the first round. After that we rotate people in anyway, so it won't really matter if you signed up.
I know this is really just a question for KI's army, but since the topic has been broached here... Is it possible to rotate Squad Members in every round, instead of every map? That would greatly decrease wait times. SL could stay the same, since they'd be familiar with the strat.
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
a432

Post by a432 »

The time between rounds is to short to rotate people out. It's better to rotate for a map.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

a432 wrote:The time between rounds is to short to rotate people out. It's better to rotate for a map.
I agree. I think it'd be much better to rotate people after a map is over. It'd give people some time to take a breather and give the officers/FC some time to talk about plans and what not.
Image[/url]
Juffalo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Juffalo »

Good decision by the TAs to scale it back down. I was wondering how you guys would handle removing the cities. I think the map looks a lot better now.

Looking forward to many more epic battledays to come.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Henidhor wrote:
You're supposed to have signed up before, nothings changed there. As Cheesy pointed out signing up first gets you into the server first. Those who don't sign up will still get to play, you just have to wait a map or so.
matsif wrote:I'm also assuming that this means we're going back to the good old fashioned formula of first half of battle on the EU server and the 2nd half on the NA server?
Yes, we will be going back to EU server first half, NA server second half.
BlackIce999 wrote:
Cheesy wrote:You can still drop in and leave early. Signup really just gets you first crack at a spot in the first round. After that we rotate people in anyway, so it won't really matter if you signed up.
I know this is really just a question for KI's army, but since the topic has been broached here... Is it possible to rotate Squad Members in every round, instead of every map? That would greatly decrease wait times. SL could stay the same, since they'd be familiar with the strat.
This isn't just a question for KI as it would affect everyone. Swapping people takes time, and in betweenrounds there isn't the time available to do it. It would slow the whole battleday down significantly.
Juffalo wrote:Good decision by the TAs to scale it back down. I was wondering how you guys would handle removing the cities. I think the map looks a lot better now.

Looking forward to many more epic battledays to come.
Thank you, although we can't take all the credit for the map. A432 came up with the idea on how to divide the territories up.