Stationary AA on Noshahr Canals

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Stationary AA on Noshahr Canals

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

So after the last battleday we had a little discussion about the C-RAM on Noshahr at Hitcorp and since noone else has done it so far, i figured i'd write it down.

In our opinion, the C-RAM is really gamebreaking on Noshahr. It can reach out all the way back to E, and is still pretty effective at C. Air support for any flag further than D & E is almost impossible for the Russian side, and i think both sides have noticed that. The Americans win, always.
According to m4rvk, who was in the C-RAM in the second round, he could pick people off at B easily and still suppress people at E, not to mention how effective it is against air targets.
This is made worse by the fact that the Russians don't get any AA, stationary or mobile.

That's why we'd like to see a gentlemen's agreement, like with the M26 glitch, to not use the C-RAM on Noshahr until DICE gives something similar to the Russians or nerfs its range.
Alternatively, we could agree on it only being used against targets in a certain radius around the carrier.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Stationary AA on Noshahr Canals

Post by styphon »

Any agreement such as this would need to be between the Generals.
bigdcowboys22
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by bigdcowboys22 »

styphon wrote:Any agreement such as this would need to be between the Generals.
The guys brought this up to me, and I told them if they felt strongly about it to make a post discussing it. That's what this is really intended to be. Understood that any real agreement would have to be between the generals.

Although I agree it is way OP, I don't necessarily think it needs to be banned. Just another headache to the map. Obviously being an air guy it would help me to nix it :wink: , but I think we've dealt with it thusfar, we can tough it out for the end of the campaign.

Certain radius of use would definitely not work. Would be near impossible to truly define and enforce.
Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.

Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

People can feel free to discuss it as much as they like. If it's a contentious enough issue a vote could probably be raised on it's use for the next campaign.
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

styphon wrote:Any agreement such as this would need to be between the Generals.
Maybe i should have made that clearer. I just wanted to hear the opinion of the other side to see if such an agreement would even be realistic.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

There are only two options- to either use Centurion against air only or not use it at all. Using it in certain radius only complicates things and the radius is never the same, it changes depending on which side you ask about its perimeter.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

as .Sup said, the certain radius rule is too hard to enforce.

what I personally, and I'm not speaking for KI here, would agree to is not being able to use it on boats. I don't care about it shooting infantry at A/B or even C/E, because generally there is enough cover that it isn't really a factor.

the map is definitely imbalanced in US's favor, but not because of the C-RAM imo.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
a432

Post by a432 »

I disagree with any banning of the c-ram. Yes, the c-ram is overpowered. However this is just part of the map and gives the US a strong advantage on this map. We have BO items to deal with strong side advantage for this very reason. Covert ops in the BO store would be great to use as the attackers on noshahr canals. Conversely ambush would be great for defenders on this map. Of course we already have seen the use of reinforcements on this map by the attackers and defenders.

So if we want we can vote on this issue for next campaign but as for now I am against banning it or creating a gentleman’s agreement.
V_

Post by V_ »

Just to throw my 2 cents worth in there, I agree with a432 - it's too late in the campaign to try and "balance" maps.

For next campaign however, I think it'd be fair to limit the AA to attacking air forces. If Dice decides to balance something (I doubt it), then we'll see what happens.
Last edited by V_ on Mon May 21, 2012 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
marvk
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by marvk »

We should not talk about this campaign, but about C3 as long as DICE is not changing anything about either the position (Won't work) or the range of the AA, or adds another AA to the russian side. I agree with not changing the rules in C2.

edit: Next patch:
> Increased the range on the AA guns so they can reach vehicles hovering at the maximum height in select maps.
It will get worse.. 4th to 5th june. Just sayin'
BF3C2: HiT 1st Lieutenant of the Airforce
BF3C3: DARK 1st Lieutenant of the Airforce
BF3C4: STAR Private First Class of the Airforce
SQRush Tournament #1: Winner
SQRush Tournament #2: Winner
SQRush Tournament #3: Semi Finals
MotherFo™

Post by MotherFo™ »

marvk wrote:We should not talk about this campaign, but about C3 as long as DICE is not changing anything about either the position (Won't work) or the range of the AA, or adds another AA to the russian side. I agree with not changing the rules in C2.

> Increased the range on the AA guns so they can reach vehicles hovering at the maximum height in select maps.
Just don't go in the AA marv ;) problem solved :lol:
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

marvk wrote:We should not talk about this campaign, but about C3 as long as DICE is not changing anything about either the position (Won't work) or the range of the AA, or adds another AA to the russian side. I agree with not changing the rules in C2.

I wonder why marv bumped this rather old topic...
Need to prepare for Noshar... :P
DrunkenMc

Post by DrunkenMc »

it says 'select maps'
i presume it's for a reason
whilst i would never use anything Battlefield says as a source of intelligence, even they can't be blind enough to actually commit the map killer
it'll be for things like Caspian Border where the stationary is hidden behind a Rock meaning you can't see anything unless its actually above your base and fairly low
the only good thing the stationary in blocked view maps ever did in pub games was let me tryhard and bring down Dan1mal to which he responded "REALLY?" about 6 times

i presume this is intended to mean, if you try to spawn rape, you will get raped

If it however means the Mobile AA in other maps
I get why in GC our air gets raped by AA's
but that doesn't apply to 95%-98% of the Pub matches where it's the other way around, Rocket pods from 900 game units are to easy
Gotta go with the crowd
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

DrunkenMc wrote:it says 'select maps'
i presume it's for a reason
whilst i would never use anything Battlefield says as a source of intelligence, even they can't be blind enough to actually commit the map killer
it'll be for things like Caspian Border where the stationary is hidden behind a Rock meaning you can't see anything unless its actually above your base and fairly low
the only good thing the stationary in blocked view maps ever did in pub games was let me tryhard and bring down Dan1mal to which he responded "REALLY?" about 6 times

i presume this is intended to mean, if you try to spawn rape, you will get raped

If it however means the Mobile AA in other maps
I get why in GC our air gets raped by AA's
but that doesn't apply to 95%-98% of the Pub matches where it's the other way around, Rocket pods from 900 game units are to easy
Gotta go with the crowd
Even if they will only buff it on select maps, that means they won't nerf it. We assumed that the problem will solve itself because DICE will notice their mistake.
But since it won't get better, ...

We did some tests yesterday BTW, and Marv could disable my Havoc ... next to the deployment. Yes. Near the Russian runway. 2m over the ground. With not even that much effort.
Just putting that out there.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

I sent a PM to Shrapnel with a proposed gentlemen's agreement yesterday, waiting for his reply.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General