Patch is live

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

MotherFo™

Patch is live

Post by MotherFo™ »

For me in Chicago. Jobo is downloading in San Fran too.

Around 2gbs. It's installed. Too bad I'm at work...
DrunkenMc

Re: Patch is live

Post by DrunkenMc »

This is the Fabled AA buff patch or is that later on?
MotherFo™

Post by MotherFo™ »

DrunkenMc wrote:This is the Fabled AA buff patch or is that later on?
That should be with this patch.
Juffalo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Juffalo »

dear god why are their patches so effing huge ?
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Juffalo wrote:dear god why are their patches so effing huge ?
so I can laugh at a432 about having a bad download speed :mrgreen:
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
MotherFo™

Post by MotherFo™ »

Free, I mean bundled, I mean included content!
fittyman

Post by fittyman »

I like what they did to the battle log. Still a crap server browser, but it's bearable now
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

So a lot of new bugs may be fixed and new ones created. Its a never ending cycle with DICE.
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

Because it includes the Close Quarters DLC maps and weapons.
BF3:
C2: [K22S] Kinetic Influence - Senior Operative
C3: [PI3d] PRIDe - Lieutenant
C4: [G1S] Gladius - Sergeant
C5: [KYT] Kitten Adventure Rainbow Time - Private 1st Class
C6: [SIP] International Monetary Fund - Private
BF4
C1: [AD] Allied Forces - Private
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

BF3 version R24 re-introduced server-side player queuing, making it so that players can wait to join a full server, and so that reserved-slot-holders and Premium players can receive priority in that line. However, this queuing system has a major bug: Players who join a server from the queue are not shown as having a GUID in the server, once inside. This is breaking the game's banning system, along with many 3rd party admin and stats systems.

The system also has another bug that was previously seen when DICE was testing it before (months ago), in that servers sometimes show as being full in Battlelog when they are not. That bug can be made worse by auto-player-limit adjusters, so we recommend turning those off temporarily.

We have asked DICE if the queue can be disabled for the time being, and they have told us that no RSP is allowed to do so at this time. As a workaround for the banning problem, we are advising that customers ban disruptive players by IP address through the rcon tool, block their IPs through the Firewall page, or repeatedly kick them until they stop joining.

DICE is working hard on fixes for the queuing bugs and says they should be ready for R25 or R26.
Really hard to swallow EA's designation of me being a 2nd class citizen for not buying premium and then release a broken queue.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Ash2Dust wrote:
BF3 version R24 re-introduced server-side player queuing, making it so that players can wait to join a full server, and so that reserved-slot-holders and Premium players can receive priority in that line. However, this queuing system has a major bug: Players who join a server from the queue are not shown as having a GUID in the server, once inside. This is breaking the game's banning system, along with many 3rd party admin and stats systems.

The system also has another bug that was previously seen when DICE was testing it before (months ago), in that servers sometimes show as being full in Battlelog when they are not. That bug can be made worse by auto-player-limit adjusters, so we recommend turning those off temporarily.

We have asked DICE if the queue can be disabled for the time being, and they have told us that no RSP is allowed to do so at this time. As a workaround for the banning problem, we are advising that customers ban disruptive players by IP address through the rcon tool, block their IPs through the Firewall page, or repeatedly kick them until they stop joining.

DICE is working hard on fixes for the queuing bugs and says they should be ready for R25 or R26.
Really hard to swallow EA's designation of me being a 2nd class citizen for not buying premium and then release a broken queue.
And this is why I'm really considering NOT buying premium, or any DLC of DICE's. Why should I give them more money when they're concentrating on more content instead of putting all their effort into fixing a game that was no where near ready for release?! The glory days of BF2 are gone, games cost so much to make these days that devs are forced to release half completed broken pieces of crap.