I intend to buy it
22%

Total votes: 74

.Sup
Executive
Executive

Battlefield 3 Premium poll

Post by .Sup »

Re-voting is enabled so if you change your mind or have purchased the game after voting "I intend to buy it" you can edit your vote.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Re: Battlefield 3 Premium poll

Post by matsif »

no part of it seemed interesting to me, especially since I don't intend to get all of the DLC. I'm only getting what I need for here.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Someday...

fawadforlan

Post by fawadforlan »

I'm not going to buy Battlefield Premium, but eventually I will buy all the DLC's.
I'll buy the DLC's that I like alot directly (the big maps DLC - $15), and I will wait till there is a good deal for the DLC's that are not so important/amazing.

There will be alot of good deals, like I bought B2K DLC for 8 Euros (origin sale). And I'm sure there will be a big Origin sale in the summer where they will give a discount on Battlefield Premium. I might buy it then.
Battlefield 3
Campaign 2 - Staff Sergeant
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

I got it for only 25 bucks! Finnaly being brazillian has paid off! :lol:
But seriously, I think we will only need the Armored Kill DLC for GC, the Close Quarters one seems a little bit of waste, since it is not much about organized teamplay, and the last two DLCs we don't have enough info about it.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

yea, I ain't buyin' the whole game again.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

I'm half torn on whether to get it or not. I think we'll end up using the majority, if not all, expansions in our campaigns because we need as much diversity as possible. And let's face it, DICE aren't releasing any mod tools until all expansions are out. They've learnt their lesson from BF2. Letting modders release mods before all expansions were out meant lost sales.

So with that in mind, if we do use all expansions here then it would be cheaper to buy premium.
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

I'll probably buy it; even though it's expensive, 4 new expansion packs is pretty much a whole new game. I'm hoping the later releases don't feature co-op. I'd rather have new multiplayer maps.

And I agree with Styphon about diversity, the more maps the better as there is only so much you can play the current ones before things start getting repetitive and strategies standardised. Although I'm not sure how close quarters would fit in. It's certainly worth looking into before we dismiss it as garbage COD style gameplay.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
LCourage
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LCourage »

I've been a BF fan since 42 demo so its an obvious yes for me.
Tunnel Snakes rule!
XrunawayX
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by XrunawayX »

I bought it last night as well. My curiosity would never let me sit idly by while others were playing maps I didn't have access to.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Close quarters I can only see being used on EUBO/NABOs.
From our Wiki for those who don't know what the EUBO/NABO are:
Black Ops Battles (Tuesdays)

The party with attack rights can choose any map from the 16p map pool. Once a map has been picked it is removed from that pool. When the pool is empty all maps get back in the pool and can be picked again. The 16p maps have no connection to the campaign map.
Games are played best out of five with no ingame commander and no assets. During each NABO and EUBO two maps will be played. Attacker/Defenders will alternate.
Maps will be played Infantry Only!
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

I gotta say that the new weapons from the Close Quarters DLC are looking really, really good.They seem light, with low recoil and good spray, maybe with close combat in mind.
AlbinoKalle69

Post by AlbinoKalle69 »

Hitman47 wrote:yea, I ain't buyin' the whole game again.
Same here. Although I don't like the feeling to be a 2nd class battlefield player... :roll:
FlashofSilver

Post by FlashofSilver »

Will those who have purchased DLC weapons be able to use them during battledays? I mean, that could lead to an advantage if there are certain weapons which are overpowered (God knows, DICE haven't been so great about that in the past).
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

FlashofSilver wrote:Will those who have purchased DLC weapons be able to use them during battledays? I mean, that could lead to an advantage if there are certain weapons which are overpowered (God knows, DICE haven't been so great about that in the past).
We may not have any choice in the matter. Right now we can't restrict specific weapons using server settings, and doing it via rules is always difficult to enforce.