Moderator: Executive

Cheesy
Executive
Executive

U.S. Government Falls in Shocking Coup

Post by Cheesy »

BREAKING NEWS
US Government Falls in Shock Coup
Overwhelming attacks on federal facilities results in capitulation of the United States Government.

In what appears to have been the greatest single demonstration of the "shock and awe" tactic to date, a Private Military Corporation named DARK has taken over the entirety of the United States of America. Sources report that starting around 23:00:00 CST, highly-coordinated cyberwarfare and commando units simultaneously struck at almost every major government facility in the United States.

It is currently known that the White House, the Cheyenne Mountain Facility, the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, the Raven Rock Mountain Complex, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and countless other facilities were lost as attacks progressed. An inside source stated, "We didn't know what was going on. We had hundreds of reports coming in at once. Before we knew it they had control of power, water, internet... it was chaos."

As this article went to press, DARK is broadcasting the following on the nationwide Emergency Alert System:
As of 00:34:09 CST the United States Government has given unconditional surrender to the Private Military Corporation DARK following successful takeover of more than 95% of US-based critical infrastructure. Current on- and off-duty military forces are to report to their commanding officers and signal surrender where appropriate.

We regret that this action has been necessary and wish to minimise disruption. We urge all civilians to go about your business, and remain calm while we complete the transition process.
This latest development will almost certainly spur the United Nations into finalising the HATEPMC agreement currently being drafted, as nations seek to minimise the potential damage represented by the powerful corporations. PMCs have rarely been far from the front pages in recent weeks, especially in the aftermath of the Kinetic Influence / Hitcorp conflict that raged across the Middle East and sent oil prices soaring. Private investor interested reached an all-time high just as the victorious Kinetic Influence corporation disbanded citing "financial and personnel issues".

As ever, no-one can tell what these new Private Military Corporations want. A source highly-placed within the UN suggested today that a counter-invasion of the United States is seriously being considered, with all the implications of going to war against the combined resources of America. "This DARK organisation has graduated from commercial interest to viable military organisation," he said, "and it is our duty to face up to them and show them this cannot be tolerated."

More on this situation as it develops.

Reporting by FlashOfSilver
FlashofSilver

Re: U.S. Government Falls in Shocking Coup

Post by FlashofSilver »

Just when you thought ACTA was the worst idea that they could come up with... then comes HATEPMC.
ICallIDTheft

Post by ICallIDTheft »

Now write Pride in as the good guys.
Undisparo

Post by Undisparo »

I know crap.. seems dark are the bad guys this campaign huh.. I guess I can live with that :twisted:
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Calm down, world! Now is not the time for fear, that comes later.

:twisted:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zVSZPzkx64[/youtube]
Last edited by matsif on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
FlashofSilver

Post by FlashofSilver »

It doesn't matter who we are. All that matters is our plan.
MotherFo™

Post by MotherFo™ »

FlashofSilver wrote:It doesn't matter who we are. All that matters is our plan.

mmm...spleen.
Last edited by MotherFo™ on Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fawadforlan

Post by fawadforlan »

matsif wrote:Calm down, world! Now is not the time to fear, that comes later.

:twisted:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zVSZPzkx64[/youtube]

Holy crap that movie was awesome, it was the first time I watched an entire batman movie. For the first time I saw people really applauding when the movie was finished.
Battlefield 3
Campaign 2 - Staff Sergeant
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private