Tips on shooting peeps

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

the_bone_ranger

Tips on shooting peeps

Post by the_bone_ranger »

I'm kind of a bad shot. I'm getting to be an average around 1:1, up from about 2:3. My first burst nearly always hits, but then once people start moving I end up being just behind them or just in front for the subsequent 2-3 bursts. I feel like I just need to slow down a tick and aim a little better and I'll have a better feel for it, but if anyone has some tips I'm open to trying new things. JWGager suggested playing with the SKS or similar semi-auto sniper rifle really taught him to slow down and pick his shots, so I'm going to try that.

I swear, the first time we joined a training scrim early this month I felt like I was playing CS again.

Alright, bedtime for me on the East Coast.
"You can run on for a long time, run on for a long time..."
FlashofSilver

Re: Tips on shooting peeps

Post by FlashofSilver »

We can try and sort something out, post in our barracks instead though so we won't leak any super duper top secret high confidentiality codeword only firewall corporate tips and tricks. :wink:
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

*quietly deletes post*
ImageImageImage
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

I'ev found that picking up an LMG, pointing it in the vauge direction of enemy soldiers, closing your eyes and just holding the trigger tends to work fairly well. Try that.
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

Silly gwynzer, you dont shoot people. You knife them o.o''
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

All that takes in BF3 is to press RMB, aim, and hold down LMB.
Chxrles

Post by Chxrles »

Positioning is important. Don't run out in the open. Check your six. Don't be afraid to shoot from the hip if you are up close. Aim for centre-mass and let the recoil pop up and take the headshot.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Gwynzer wrote:I'ev found that picking up an LMG, pointing it in the vauge direction of enemy soldiers, closing your eyes and just holding the trigger tends to work fairly well. Try that.
DAMN MAN! Now everybody knows my tactic k:crazy:
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

I don't know if you guys heard this but there was a research that proved that if you use the mouse with your foot your accuracy improves 236.4%. I've been doing this for weeks now.
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

I have found that, in my experiences, the best way to improve my aim and overall score is to hide behind my teammates and yell instructions to them... then laugh at them when they die :-) After they're shot, you can figure out where the shooter is and claim the kill for yourself from a distance (while your enemy feels overly confident that they're safe).
Hi!
the_bone_ranger

Post by the_bone_ranger »

Watched a level-cap review for the AS VAL, which I use often when playing engineer and he mentioned having to lead targets at medium range due to low muzzle velocity. I think that might be part of my problem.

Starfisher: Thank you for the PM. It was late and, in hindsight, posting here was a dumb idea.

DARK: Sarcastic responders have been noted. I've got your numbers. :twisted:
"You can run on for a long time, run on for a long time..."
Chemical2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Chemical2 »

I'll give you the best tip. Don't try too hard, this will only work against you as you get frustrated and fail killing people. just relax have fun and the aim will come. oh and try to shoot on the targets.
''Be polite, be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.'' The sniper
BF3
C2: Staff Sergeant - Hitcorp
C3: 1st Lieutenant - Dark army
C4: 1st Lieutenant - Starfishers coffee initiative
C5: PFC - Legion of Doom
Mrhattu

Post by Mrhattu »

WARNING! LONG POST INCOMING!

Here are some good tips to your aim and general infantry playing:
1.If you have good map awareness you can use bipod in assault rifles which makes it easier to shoot. Deploy time is minimal and you don't get long range penalty like you would with foregrip!
2.Stay away from weapons that have big recoil on first shot f.e M416.
3.Turn your mouse sensitivity to minimal. With a large mat you should only be able to turn your character 180 degrees with a complete sweep from left to right. This helps when keeping sights on running targets or scoring those important headshots. It might require some adjustments, but I recommend doing this in infantry maps at least.
4.It is not always about aiming. It is about strategy. You only look your screen about 65% of the time and 35% you check the minimap. Because Heavy barrels are now the hot stuff, players often show up on minimap for you to see. Look where they go, where they look, where they are, check the environment.
5.If you have problems with recoil and you don't fire from the hip consider equipping your gun with a suppressor or flash suppressor (I recommend the latter more). Both reduce recoil and make you invisible in minimap. (flash suppressor shortens the time you show up on minimap after shooting a lot!)
6.If you use snipers read the tip 3 EXTRA CAREFULLY! Low sensitivity helps you make small adjustments easily and score those headshots!
7. Remember the height where players heads are. I know it sounds stupid, but having the crosshair on a right spot at all times makes those sudden confrontations favor you. Also never crouch in these situations. People tend to aim in your chest, which makes them score a headshot.
8.Choose your sidearm carefully. Using AEK and hate the reload time? get yourself g18 to help you after your clip runs out.
F2000? Get yourself a magnum for good range and stopping power. Do you play offensive recon? m1911 with suppressor helps you to get the last hit with good firepower.
9.Did you get mad when you were knifed or shot dead several times in a row? Use that to FOCUS! Look the screen, check the minimap, use your eyes of the recon to scout where the enemies are and take revenge!
10. This is very important in global conflict, since 3d spotting is off. Choose your camouflage carefully. It is your last chance to fool the enemy. Did someone spot you? Maybe you made him spot you 2 seconds later than he normally would and now you get the first shot! That suppresses the enemy and you most likely score the kill first.

I am sorry if I made bad mistakes in grammar but hopefully these 10 tips help you understand something about infantry. It may sound lamer than tank wars or dog fighting with planes but infantry has its own philosophy. Message me if you want some more tips or want to try these out with me.

Do I have any proof that these tricks work? You should check the final stats after each map on EUBO spec ops on 24.7.2012 if someone has them.
I drank some PRIDE tears that day..
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

I'm not the best shot either, but it does come with time to some extent. Sensitivity is pretty important. You want it to be fairly low, but you should still be able to turn a 180 on a baddie quickly and without running out of mouse real estate. Go to an empty server and pick two points at a medium range that require you to turn 60-90 degrees to switch back and forth. Practice switching your aim back and forth between the two points. Adjust your sensitivity as you go until you can plant your red dot site on these points in a satisfactory amount of time. Also, just shoot at walls a bit. Figure out the optimal burst length for the weapons you plan to use the most. You may know this already, but the longer you hold the trigger down, the less likely your bullets will be arriving where you're aiming. After about 10 shots with most guns it's not even close. Also, practice recoil compensation when you're shooting at walls and stuff. All that said, situational awareness (and communication) is far more important. And keep in mind that you'll be most deadly from a stationary position and less likely to get killed when you're behind solid objects.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Mrhattu wrote:2.Stay away from weapons that have big recoil on first shot f.e M416.
[...]
Do I have any proof that these tricks work? You should check the final stats after each map on EUBO spec ops on 24.7.2012 if someone has them.
I drank some PRIDE tears that day..
The M416 has one of the lowest 1st shot recoils out of all the ARs, 2.0...
It's 2.5 for the M16 and 3.0 for the AEK.

Those defeats mean nothing, for they are temporary. :twisted: