Post by CorranHorn »

No flares for heli gunners...
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Official Sep. 4 patch notes

Post by styphon »

How OP do they want to make AA?

Glad to see the M16A3 take a hit on it's recoil, it needed it.

No flares for Heli gunners... I'd hate to be a heli pilot right now. Stinger squads will rule, especially with increased range.

I love the idea of fourth seat in little bird controlling the laser designator. Should make the little bird more valuable tactically now.
CorranHorn
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CorranHorn »

Yah man.. I only rode in the 4th seat to see if i could get shot at in the face... :?
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

important parts:
• AA: Slightly increased the damage of the AA against infantry, the AA was simply over nerfed in a previous update. The AA guns now also properly do damage to MBTs again.

Specifically, the M16A3 and M4A1 have increased recoil to make them less attractive in all situations.
• M16A3: Recoil amounts slightly increased.
• M4A1: Recoil amounts slightly increased.
• M416: Vertical, Horizontal, and First Shot recoil have all been reduced to make this weapon clearly different from the M16A3.

• FIM92 and IGLA now lock on to air vehicles at both lower altitudes and longer distances.
• 44 Magnum: Rate of fire reduced slightly to highlight this side arm’s role as a slow firing heavy hitter and differentiate it from the MP412 REX.
• Increased the fire rate and reload time of the MP412 REX to better highlight the improved CQB performance over the 44 Magnum.
• Slightly increased the radius for maximum damage of the 40mm LVG. While the overall damage level remains the same, the LVG will be lethal over a larger area.

• SCAR-L: Fixed the heavy barrel not increasing recoil when zoomed and standing.

• The M417’s foregrip was incorrectly reducing horizontal recoil by too large an amount. It has been adjusted to be balanced with other foregrips.
• Reduced the aimed accuracy bonus of the M417 with a suppressor to balance it with the other weapons in the game.

• Removed flares from gunner position in helicopters. With the right combination of unlocks, an attack helicopter could be effectively invulnerable to lock on missiles. Removing the flares from the gunner balances the attack helicopter against ground fire.
• The Laser Designator unlock on the Scout Helicopters has been changed from a Pilot Upgrade to a new stance in the Copilot seat (position 4). Like the CITV turret on the Main Battle Tanks, the Scout Helicopter’s Laser Designator is permanently available to players who have received the unlock.
• Repair tool damage against enemy vehicles lowered by 10%.
• Changed reload behavior on Tank / Tank Destroyer cannon weapons to prevent being able to fire 2 shots from different weapons quickly one right after another.
• Increased the damage helicopter and jet rockets do to helicopters, jets and infantry.
• Increased the damage helicopter gunners and IFVs do to helicopters and jets.
• Fixed Jets not getting top attack damage bonuses on Laser Designated targets.

• Added letters to the capture point icons displayed directly over the mini-map.
• Fixed so the spawn menu always disappears when you are revived.

• Fixed so the MAV gadget will not remain floating in midair if the user exits it while still flying.
helicopters became much more vulnerable (damage taken increased, gunner flares removed).
m16A3, m4A1 nerfed.
M416 powered. will it replace the M16A3?

don't understand why they didn't do something about stinger/jav/AA missle not able to hit a jet.
Last edited by Necromancer on Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
LongBowNL
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LongBowNL »

• The SOFLAM will no longer lock onto your own vehicle if deployed and not immediately activated by the player.
Finally!
Snow1Wolf

Post by Snow1Wolf »

• Fixed so you get the critical health fullscreen color tint while in the post revive state.

• Fixed so the spawn menu always disappears when you are revived.

• FIM92 and IGLA now lock on to air vehicles at both lower altitudes and longer distances.

• Removed flares from gunner position in helicopters. With the right combination of unlocks, an attack helicopter could be effectively invulnerable to lock on missiles. Removing the flares from the gunner balances the attack helicopter against ground fire.

• The Laser Designator unlock on the Scout Helicopters has been changed from a Pilot Upgrade to a new stance in the Copilot seat (position 4). Like the CITV turret on the Main Battle Tanks, the Scout Helicopter’s Laser Designator is permanently available to players who have received the unlock.

• Changed how MCOM station defend/attack kill score is calculated. Victim no longer needs to arm/disarm the crate but rather be in a 5 meter radius of the crate. Also increased kills needed for the Crate Defend Ribbon from 2 to 4. Overall, these changes should make it somewhat easier to get the ribbon, while increasing the opportunity for strategic play around MCOM stations.

me gusta, BUT

• Increased the damage helicopter and jet rockets do to helicopters, jets and infantry.

infantry
infantry
infantry
infantry
infantry

WHAT?????????

WHERE IS MY MOTOR FIX? WHERE THE frak IS MY MOTOR FIX??????????????? WHERE IS MY SIDEARM SILENCE VERSION DOGTAGS???????????

Snow Wolf....rage quits....

For CAFFEINE!!!!!
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

2.2GB. Seriously? 2.2GB for small balances and UI edits? REALLY? Why didn't they make the stats easier to edit so the DL is not mahoosive?!?!?
Coloneluber

Post by Coloneluber »

inb4 helicopters underpowered.
inb4 everyone using M416.

Stingers and IGLAs were incredibly underpowered to be honest. Glad to see they might actually have some use in the next patch.

I'm gonna be using the M16A4. Been playing with it for a while, and it looks like it actually recieved an overall buff to attract people to it from the A3.
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

Yay lets nerf air more! =D
Honestly kind of annoyed at this. I cant believe they buffed the AA instead of nerfing it, that thing is the most broken vehicle in the game right now. The one thing they did right by showing friendlies on air radar, they only had to do because they were dumb enough to take them off it before.
Meh, bf3 making me less and less interested, hoping AK will reinspire me.
Coloneluber

Post by Coloneluber »

dan1mall wrote:Yay lets nerf air more! =D
Honestly kind of annoyed at this. I cant believe they buffed the AA instead of nerfing it, that thing is the most broken vehicle in the game right now. The one thing they did right by showing friendlies on air radar, they only had to do because they were dumb enough to take them off it before.
Meh, bf3 making me less and less interested, hoping AK will reinspire me.
AAs should never have done damage to tanks to begin with. I realize that in reality the shells could potentially pierce a tanks armor, but it should not be engaging enemy armor in the first place.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

• AA: Slightly increased the damage of the AA against infantry, the AA was simply over nerfed in a previous update. The AA guns now also properly do damage to MBTs again.

overnerfed? really?

dice why you so stupid
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Well, personally I like most of the changes. I just hope they won't introduce new major bugs or break things that currently work fine.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

could some one tell me why the hell the jet has a proximity scan accessory?
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!