Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Daskro's videos. I'm a fan.

Post by Fields »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXoSE3UmSrc[/youtube]
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

See you again in the next campaign, C4. <3
Undisparo

Re: Daskro's videos. I'm a fan.

Post by Undisparo »

SO MANY RUBBLE KILLS. Holy balls. Nice c4 fields haha
mort
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by mort »

Soo many kills sight unseen.

I like that I can get a feel for what was going on on a different part of the map than I was playing when I watch his videos and I get to hear the commander (or whatever it's called) channel.
Mrhattu

Post by Mrhattu »

Oh that is what it looked like! =D
It is a beautiful sight what 3 engineers repairing allow tanks to do.
Well done Gwynzer and Daskro squads!
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

loved the ost.
daskro
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by daskro »

Digz wrote:loved the ost.
It's klaus bedalt from k-19 widowmaker soundtrack.
Coloneluber

Post by Coloneluber »

Play something other than support for once, fields. :lol:
fawadforlan

Post by fawadforlan »

Battlefield 3
Campaign 2 - Staff Sergeant
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Even with the video at 720p its not crystal clear. I see shots where I ask how does he know the infantry is there? Same thing in other videos by other people. Sometimes its because I missed something that they didnt or parts leading up to it were cut out. Daskro's has used the same BF3 key from Oct 25, 2011 thru Sep 05, 2012 without violations (good players do get scrutinized, researched, and watched along with the evil players). Im coming to the conclusion that there are players that:
A) have great battlefield situational awareness
B) know the map and where they would hide.
C) Keep themselves on better ground to deal pain while minimizing hostile approach
D) can glance at their minimap for a millisecond and know where the spots are around them.
E) Have higher FPS (super computer) and can still see slight movement while recording the session.
F) Have a huge screen that lets them see things that smaller screens wont
G) Twitch reflexes and twitch friend/foe recognition
H) Have squadmates that work seamlessly with them
I) Have video settings that work better

I'm interested in what hardware Daskro is running. And especially his video settings (all Ultra?) and FOV setting (60-90?). Do you turn up brightness/contrast/gamma? I too want to improve my situational awareness and hiding foe recognition. Best way is to study someone who is better at it than you.
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Worst part about that situation was later when we tried the same "shoot buildings and hope rubble kills repair guys" move, daskro had the tank far enough off the building that it didn't work.

Well played sir, well played. Those were hard rounds on Seine, really proud of our wins against such a good team :)
ImageImageImage
TacticalVirus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TacticalVirus »

It's really simple. He doesn't actually know that there's infantry there. What he does is shoot where he expects them to be. If you're in a tank on Sienne, you should be dropping buildings on as many people as you can. You also aren't going to kill the tank unless you get his engineers dead for a long enough period of time. Hence the shots to the sides of the tank aswell. Now combine that with 32 players on Sienne and A flag being one of PRIDe's first flags, and you have the recipe for this video.

This is his video of the Leningrad Capture from two weeks back. You can see him doing the same blind rubble drops with SMAW around 7, and then from 8:20ish onward with the tank. Also highlights his lack of "twitch friend/foe recognition" :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywMAE2ntuMA[/youtube]
Coloneluber

Post by Coloneluber »

Ash, most of what you listed are what separate good from average players (excluding hardware related stuff, and I honestly don't think it makes a huge difference). What separates great players from good players is the ability to predict how your opponent is going to play and react.
Chxrles

Post by Chxrles »

Why is even the thought of daskro being non-legit player cropping up? All his shots, from a tank driver's perspective, all made sense to me. Half the time you are firing in the dark and shooting where you are guessing infantry would be in relation to the tank and it's position. Back left of the tank where infantry are moving around the back to repair are a hot spot for canister shots. Then you've got splash damage from the tank shots itself, and the rubble is just an added chaos.

Love your videos daskro, glad you are with us at GC :D
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

After seeing my buddy's new 47" 3D tv I kindly ask Daskro to start recording in 3D.
daskro
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by daskro »

Ash2Dust wrote:Even with the video at 720p its not crystal clear. I see shots where I ask how does he know the infantry is there? Same thing in other videos by other people. Sometimes its because I missed something that they didnt or parts leading up to it were cut out. Daskro's has used the same BF3 key from Oct 25, 2011 thru Sep 05, 2012 without violations (good players do get scrutinized, researched, and watched along with the evil players). Im coming to the conclusion that there are players that:
A) have great battlefield situational awareness
B) know the map and where they would hide.
C) Keep themselves on better ground to deal pain while minimizing hostile approach
D) can glance at their minimap for a millisecond and know where the spots are around them.
E) Have higher FPS (super computer) and can still see slight movement while recording the session.
F) Have a huge screen that lets them see things that smaller screens wont
G) Twitch reflexes and twitch friend/foe recognition
H) Have squadmates that work seamlessly with them
I) Have video settings that work better

I'm interested in what hardware Daskro is running. And especially his video settings (all Ultra?) and FOV setting (60-90?). Do you turn up brightness/contrast/gamma? I too want to improve my situational awareness and hiding foe recognition. Best way is to study someone who is better at it than you.
I don't view Ahs2Dust's comment as accusation of cheating. He actually highlights some of the reasons why I was as successful as I was, as do some of the subsequent posts.

On hardware I'm running dual gtx 670s on SLI at 1080p, high settings on a 120hz 23 inch monitor. When I record at 30fps (which is what I usually do), my framerate rarely drops under 90 fps the average is around 120 fps, maybe a bit less. I'm running 90 fov and haven't touched the brightness/contrast/gamma.

As Virus mentioned I don't actually see where the enemy infantry are most of the time, but I can reasonably predict where they're going to be based on where they can hide, where they'd position themselves to repair the tank, and from the minimap. I know the damage radius of the falling debris and I know what routes the infantry will take if they want to push.

I also lived so long because I kept on incrementally moving back and forth so that I was not in the same place after taking a hit. Gwynzer did a good job at smoking the enemy tank with mortar so it was hard for him to see me.

I understand the topography, had the high ground, had less areas where debris could hit my guys and couldn't easily be flanked. Battlefield awareness is most of the battle.