Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

New Aftermath trailer

Post by haruky »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aJItmZGLQw[/youtube]

I'm pretty excited for this. I enjoyed Strike at Karkland a lot and look forward to seeing more urban maps that aren't like Seine and Metro.

Your guys' thoughts?
Image[/url]
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Re: New Aftermath trailer

Post by Gwynzer »

ooooh yes.
tehman

Post by tehman »

More than half of the video is just fuzzy lines n shiat. :lol:
MotherFo™

Post by MotherFo™ »

10 seconds...worth...wooo! what a joke :roll:
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

I don't believe DICE trailers anymore, so im sure that this DLC is going to fail like CQ with the shitty respawns (AKA people respawning behind me 100% of the time) + Armored Kill with Rush, where after like 20 rounds i can't understand how im supposed to defend an MCOM placed in a wooden house, having a T-90 + JET vs AMTRAC + 2 TD + JET + AC-130.
So with that said, im guessing that these new maps are going to be like a super camping fegget party or something like that.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Hgx wrote:I don't believe DICE trailers anymore, so im sure that this DLC is going to fail like CQ with the shitty respawns (AKA people respawning behind me 100% of the time) + Armored Kill with Rush, where after like 20 rounds i can't understand how im supposed to defend an MCOM placed in a wooden house, having a T-90 + JET vs AMTRAC + 2 TD + JET + AC-130.
So with that said, im guessing that these new maps are going to be like a super camping fegget party or something like that.
Well, to be fair, Rush was not the spearhead of Armored Kill DLC. Yes it's messed up a bit, but the map pack as a whole is very much fun.

I'm not sure what people's gripe with CQ is since I've personally not had a problem with people respawning behind me 100% of the time. It's not the best, sure, but it's not god-awful.
Image[/url]
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

haruky wrote:
Hgx wrote:I don't believe DICE trailers anymore, so im sure that this DLC is going to fail like CQ with the shitty respawns (AKA people respawning behind me 100% of the time) + Armored Kill with Rush, where after like 20 rounds i can't understand how im supposed to defend an MCOM placed in a wooden house, having a T-90 + JET vs AMTRAC + 2 TD + JET + AC-130.
Well, to be fair, Rush was not the spearhead of Armored Kill DLC. Yes it's messed up a bit, but the map pack as a whole is very much fun.

I'm not sure what people's gripe with CQ is since I've personally not had a problem with people respawning behind me 100% of the time. It's not the best, sure, but it's not god-awful.

Yeah, the thing is that I respawn with people behind me 9/10 times so i get mad like hell lol, and because I play alone most of the time i can't enjoy AK, but you know, i would love to play those new maps in a Battleday.
MotherFo™

Post by MotherFo™ »

I think this stuff just rubs people the wrong way. In all honesty, it should!

You are paying for PREMIUM content, not a less than a minute video clip that barely has any actual game footage. Hell, screenshots would suffice for the amount of "video" displayed in that actual clip.

All this says to me is that its unfinished or unpolished and they don't want to show it.

With the release of AK and the patch right after it, it's very clear that the development and testing is pretty poor. (AC130 rush rape...oh how did we miss that?) There's been countless other examples as well. (Jets not getting hit by AA missiles...)

They've done a lot of great things with BF3, but they need to get some new standards on quality and premium content. Unfortunately, DICE most likely has their balls in a vice.
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

: New Aftermath trailer

Post by Digz »

New Aftermath trailer = no gameplay.
plz respect our time and delete this. :lol:
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

Or delete thread due to video no longer available. Or find a video that is available and post that link.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Bock wrote:Or delete thread due to video no longer available. Or find a video that is available and post that link.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwLrOhVHO4[/youtube]

Quite embarrassing to be honest. About 20sec of actual footage, which for the most part appears to be different angles of the same area.
However, the environment does look nice. Traversing it on the other hand might be somewhat frustrating with the way movement works in BF3.
New vehicles are expected but no new weapons.

dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

RazY70 wrote: Traversing it on the other hand might be somewhat frustrating with the way movement works in BF3.
This majorly concerns me, it annoys me to no end when the game makes me jump to get onto the sidewalk of a street, because apperantly my soldier cant lift his foot 20 cm off the ground. I can only imagine all the buggy vaults/jumps around the broken terrain..
wizekraker
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by wizekraker »

haruky wrote:
I'm pretty excited for this. I enjoyed Strike at Karkland a lot and look forward to seeing more urban maps that aren't like Seine
whats wrong with Seine?
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

I'm certainly excited for more close/fast paced combat.

I'm also looking forward to using the parkour invincible hit-box glitch to the fullest extent. :mrgreen:
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

I'm mostly looking forward to vaulting into people for 50% damage. My goal is to get some more vault teamkills :D
ImageImageImage