Thoughts about GC/Utopian vision of GC

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Snow1Wolf

Thoughts about GC/Utopian vision of GC

Post by Snow1Wolf »

As campaign 4 rapidly approaches, I thought it might be a good idea to put my thought about the campaign from what I saw and thought in the last two campaigns. It is highly improbable that anybody will pick this up as overall tactics so just enjoy this with a bottle of whiskey in your hand or however you do stuff.

1. Do not commit your entire force into one single action without backups.
From HitCorp's Hit Swarm(at least that was what KI guys called it), and Pride's rush, we've seen the so many rushes in last two campaigns that the two army committing their entire forces into offensive actions without much flanking actions, the opposing forces can easily held their own with half the forces. It is just isn't effective enough tactic to do such things. No Kung Fu master will attack with all their strength, unless they know the enemy can’t fight back, and this brings up my second point.

2. More effective means of intel gathering and or FCing.
Currently as it stands, usually you can guess who is FCing by finding out who is flying the MAV, but when there are more than one MAV is needed to fight with enough intelligence one footman will probably be taken out of fight and start using MAV. How about this, on maps where one MAV is not enough to observe the movement of the enemy forces, like the new AK maps, we could have a squad command with the team assets i.e. MAA, and MA. One reason for this is that artillery range recalibration will be greatly benefit from a MAV calling the shots. Another one is with a four person commanding squad, it could go with the format of 1 FC and 3 advisors analyzing enemy movement and will be given the highest chance of probability of using the correct tactics for the correct situations.

3. Two person partners, should make up the most fundamental infantry units of operation in GC, not one person.
This one has been on my head for a while, the logic behind it is pretty simple. If you operate with the your partner in mind constantly, you would have easier time reviving your teammate, and have a better situational control than four person operating together loosely like before.

15 minutes before operation time, I will finish this later.
For CAFFEINE!!!!!
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Re: Thoughts about GC/Utopian vision of GC

Post by .Sup »

Interesting thoughts SnowWolf. I agree swarming is not a good solution, it only works on one place and can only be used until the enemy realizes it, then it becomes useless, especially on maps with lots of flags.

Regarding MAV- I believe 1 or 2 is maximum you can spare on every map. 2 in jets 3 in armoured vehicles,... and you suddenly don't have enough people to cover everything 100%.

The partner thing is good in theory and it even works for the two but not for the SL. All 3 members (in BF2 all 5) need to watch the SL on the minimap and revive him and make sure he stays alive. He is the most important spawn point.
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Interestingly enough, no army in the past two campaigns has ever actually done a whole army attack on a point as a general strategy. Or even at all. If you peruse forums, you can see that both armies in each campaign would speculate that the other was doing this, wondering how they could possibly counter it, but none of them were actually using the tactic themselves.

Let this be a lesson to SLs and FCs: when someone says, "They're all here!" it's almost certainly an exaggeration, and if you see a lot of players on a point, it doesn't mean they're all there. I experienced some odd reports in my PRIDe FC days about "whole armies" being on a point, while clearly seeing 8+ enemy players somewhere else, and it was hilarious to read through the KI/HiT forums to see how each army thought the other was doing some sort of zerg thing, when neither of them had any plan in place to execute it themselves.
ImageImageImage
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

Nice work Star! Now Gladius will never suspect our coffee swarm maneuver!
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Shut up shut up shut up shut up
ImageImageImage
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

Cheesy wrote:Nice work Star! Now Gladius will never suspect our coffee swarm maneuver!
Thank you Cheesy, keep up the good work!
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

no use crying over spilled coffee.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Hitman47 wrote:no use crying over spilled coffee.
Spilled Coffee? I laugh!
daskro
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by daskro »

StarfisherEcho wrote: Let this be a lesson to SLs and FCs: when someone says, "They're all here!" it's almost certainly an exaggeration, and if you see a lot of players on a point, it doesn't mean they're all there. I experienced some odd reports in my PRIDe FC days about "whole armies" being on a point, while clearly seeing 8+ enemy players somewhere else, and it was hilarious to read through the KI/HiT forums to see how each army thought the other was doing some sort of zerg thing, when neither of them had any plan in place to execute it themselves.
Oh man if this is one thing that is a common problem in any organized gameplay involving comms, it's this.

There are very very few circumstances where a "team bomb" actually occurs, I'm thinking of operation firestorm where all of DARK's infantry squads jumped from the transport helo onto C point. Even then it's important to remember that because of spawn on squad leader only and no squad hopping, the other team really can't be "there" in an attack unless they have a transport helo or amtrack.

Much better to state what you know, such as "4 infantry on B point" (or something around those lines) and let SL/FCs infer based on what they know since most infantry pushes come in sets of 3 or 4, so pushes are either going to be 3-4 guys, 6-8, 10-12, etc. You can get a swag of how many are pushing by how many you see in the flesh as well as how many you saw on your minimap.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Hitman47 wrote:no use crying over spilled coffee.
you'd be surprised. when a hipster drops his starbucks anything can happen
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Especially when that coffee is one of our fine Starfishers blends, all made using 100% semi-fair trade beans and roasted using the collective body heat of thousands of orphans.
ImageImageImage
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Cheesy wrote:Nice work Star! Now Gladius will never suspect our coffee swarm maneuver!
"Swarm, my dark roast beans of doom! SWARM!!"