Moderator: Executive

daskro
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Global Conflict vs reddit Scrim 4th of November

Post by daskro »

Rolten wrote:
SteelerX wrote:Ugh that Reddit team has lots of good players.... :o
I think they (an organized group) actually lost against 4chan, whose team consisted of a bunch of players that just happened to be able to play that night and were recruited via a thread that very night.

We should be fine, especially since our air probably dominates anything they can throw against us.
Other way around actually, wasn't even close.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBG3BPzop0o
Madsgyver
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Madsgyver »

Yeah, Reddit has some nasty players.
Evil_Jocey wrote:
axeman22222 wrote:
why we need you but dont forget we have some crazy air and tank players
Even better: We can play coordinated and as a team.
And they can't?

I remember the Reddit vs Symthic match from a few months ago and Symthic never had a chance. They will give us a very hard time and we need to be at our best.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Rolten wrote:
I think they (an organized group) actually lost against 4chan, whose team consisted of a bunch of players that just happened to be able to play that night and were recruited via a thread that very night.

We should be fine, especially since our air probably dominates anything they can throw against us.
This attitude is a sure way to lose.

reddit has a fantastic team, which is yet to lose a match (air wise as well). I have no idea where this overconfidence comes from.
RAGEFACE7

Post by RAGEFACE7 »

RazY70 wrote:This attitude is a sure way to lose.

reddit has a fantastic team, which is yet to lose a match (air wise as well). I have no idea where this overconfidence comes from.
Love this guy ^^

Lets have a good time and put up a good fight. That is what matters until the scoreboard is displayed.
RAGEFACE7
AdmiralGiggles

Post by AdmiralGiggles »

Sym vs reddit, Symthic had air control, just fyi.
But i'm sure they have better jet pilots now.
fawadforlan

Post by fawadforlan »

Their infantry is probably better than ours, because they have a much more players to choose from.

But I'm sure that we will have air domination, so we should think of a communication strategy with the air divison. We need to find a way to ask easily for air support. Maybe we can reserve the ingame team chat for this. Like when they have 2 tanks at Bravo, we just type in team chat: "2 enemy tanks, 20 meter south of bravo flag zone."
And then the air division can figure out who is going to give air support.

Instead of first telling your squad leader, and the squad leader telling the FC and then the FC asking the air squads if someone is available... It takes too long and then the tanks will be already gone.

I'm not sure about who will have the best armour players, but as long as we have mechanic infantry squads to support our armour (repairing armour), we will have an advantage on the ground.
Battlefield 3
Campaign 2 - Staff Sergeant
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
SteelerX

Post by SteelerX »

fawadforlan wrote:Their infantry is probably better than ours, because they have a much more players to choose from.

But I'm sure that we will have air domination, so we should think of a communication strategy with the air divison. We need to find a way to ask easily for air support. Maybe we can reserve the ingame team chat for this. Like when they have 2 tanks at Bravo, we just type in team chat: "2 enemy tanks, 20 meter south of bravo flag zone."
And then the air division can figure out who is going to give air support.

Instead of first telling your squad leader, and the squad leader telling the FC and then the FC asking the air squads if someone is available... It takes too long and then the tanks will be already gone.

I'm not sure about who will have the best armour players, but as long as we have mechanic infantry squads to support our armour (repairing armour), we will have an advantage on the ground.

Yeah but a handful of good infantry players isn't going to win the battle. (Maybe on Karkand 64P Infy, not on others)
And I've played vs a lot of their infantry guys, there are several good ones but we have infantry guys that can match up IMO.
Like I have more trouble vs some of our players like axeman22222 than against some of their best players. (e.g. the Minions mainly)

But yeah I totally agree with what you said about the chat.
In the end, it'll just be who is more prepared and has a better strat.
Origin ID: nXs-Steeler

http://www.youtube.com/user/xSteeLer7?feature=mhee

SUB PLZ*** ^^
TCZapper
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TCZapper »

SteelerX wrote:In the end, it'll just be who is more prepared and has a better strat.
So, basically not us as we're basically making teams/squads on the fly ;)
Granted we have the better FCs and a greater variety of battle tested strats.

I expect Armored Shield and Karkand Infantry will be the hardest. Armored Shield has no jets, and I can basically guarantee we'll lack people to take armored roles (and while I know Reddit also is looking for more drivers, they will have an easier time). Hopefully we can get some good into the artillery. That thing does wonders on Armored Shield.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

TCZapper wrote:
SteelerX wrote:In the end, it'll just be who is more prepared and has a better strat.
So, basically not us as we're basically making teams/squads on the fly ;)
Granted we have the better FCs and a greater variety of battle tested strats.

I expect Armored Shield and Karkand Infantry will be the hardest. Armored Shield has no jets, and I can basically guarantee we'll lack people to take armored roles (and while I know Reddit also is looking for more drivers, they will have an easier time). Hopefully we can get some good into the artillery. That thing does wonders on Armored Shield.
Wish I could volunteer for that task... :mrgreen:
Image[/url]
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Bracer yourselves motherf*ckers, Argentinian tanks incoming! :twisted:
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

TCZapper wrote:
We should have 4 or 5 out of our 6-person team that just won a 4v4 Tank Superiority ladder. Plus plenty of other more than capable armor guys. I think we'll be OK on armor drivers.
Last edited by Bock on Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Important updates in the first post.
Arcturus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Arcturus »

haruky wrote:
TCZapper wrote:Hopefully we can get some good into the artillery. That thing does wonders on Armored Shield.
Wish I could volunteer for that task... :mrgreen:
Haruky when in an artillery.
BF3 C2 - Lt. | BF3 C3 - Maj. | BF3 C4 - Field Marshall | BF3 C5 - Tournament Administrator
TCZapper
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TCZapper »

.Sup wrote:
Wow. I mean, while it's annoying enough wiping a squad with SL only spawning, it probably won't change things that much, but I kinda just sit here wondering why anyone would even care to turn SL only spawning off.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

TCZapper wrote:
.Sup wrote:
Wow. I mean, while it's annoying enough wiping a squad with SL only spawning, it probably won't change things that much, but I kinda just sit here wondering why anyone would even care to turn SL only spawning off.
Because that was the only request reddit had and so I made a compromise. All of our other server settings stay. So it shouldn't be too hard to get adjusted.