Thanksgiving Week and ABC Update

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Thanksgiving Week and ABC Update

Post by styphon »

It's busy times for us here at GC. Next week is Thanksgiving for all you lucky people in USA, extra days off and everything. And rather than spend those extra days here with us I've been reliably informed that for some reason this time is considered family time (what's that I hear? I know, some people just lack that dedication!). It does mean that the campaign will be officially on hiatus for a week.

So, no official Black Ops on 20th and no Battle Day on 24th. We will however be looking for volunteers to step up and run some fun days during those times. Nothing official has been organised at this time, however if someone want's to arrange a GC Olympics (as is traditional during these weeks off) then the TAs will be around on the main battle day to help administer everything.

We also have another update to ABC (who knew these could come so fast?) from Robawillis and KoffeinFlummi. It's the long awaited Medals update. That's right, you can now have medals again! Generals and HCs now have the ability to create and award medals to individuals that deserve them (so make sure you're recommending people who deserve them!). ABC will also create a signature bar for you so you can proudly display these medals off in the forums. Just check out your control panel and if you have any medals you will get a link to your signature bar that you can simply copy and paste into your forum signature.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Thanksgiving Week and ABC Update

Post by haruky »

For those of you who are new to GC, typically during holidays and breaks between an end of a campaign and a start of a new one, we have something called "Fun Days"

These are days where the GC community gathers to play a lot of different things on Battlefield or other games. For example, we can set up our servers to play a Zombie variant on BF3. There have also been GC 4v4 Squad Rush tournaments in the past. We've also played other things like Battle Racer (In which we have teams compete to get to the finish line first) and we have modes like Protect the VIP. We have also done GC Olympics (where we'd play things like Mortar Runs and such)

It's basically a day where people from either army all gather as one body and have a good time!

So, next battleday 11/24, come on out and have a great time with everyone! If anyone has any ideas for a Fun Day and would like to be involved in organizing one, please feel free to PM any of the TAs.
Image[/url]
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

fundays- btw im looking for more ppl that would like to join making
another short bf3 clip. this one is for about 10 ppl for one shot
(jeep included), and 4-6 for another scene. sign ups in pm here or via
battlelog. doing it for fun, and to show another angle of gc promotion-
anything can be done with TS and handfull of friends on the same server...

tho we had some fun recording the first, its still in the oven.
the first clip now being uploaded is my poin of view
going hunting with loASWE on the littlebird (glad-star scrim?)
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

A L4D2 event has been scheduled on Steam for the whole next week so people can choose between this game and Battlefield 1942.
Personally I will be playing both

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GC-com ... 3552615136
axeman22222

Post by axeman22222 »

4vs4's and 5vs5's would be sick
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

are we playing some bf42 tonight?!/
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

SiL3nT_BoB wrote:are we playing some bf42 tonight?!/
I will be playing it tonight
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

.Sup wrote:
SiL3nT_BoB wrote:are we playing some bf42 tonight?!/
I will be playing it tonight
cool....hopefully i can make it too!
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM