What about making a C4 compilation video?

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

What about making a C4 compilation video?

Post by LoA »

Cheesy wrote:Once C4 is over, it would be awesomely cool to have some video wizards make a long-ish highlight reel of the best moments. You could even splice in some audio interviews with different players talking about their favorite moments, something cool with the risk map, TS chatter from games and debriefs, etc.
I'm thinking about making one of these and hopefully have it done until C4 is over. So post everything you got stored, it can be EVERYTHING, like cheesy said.

If there's people willing to show up and act, we can even shoot some cinematic stuff in between C4 and C5.

Also, music. We need a fitting song, preferrably without any big douchebag company behind the artist whose made it with a copyright complaint ready in their hands. It is possible to use copyrighted songs if you get the permission though, so it doesn't matter that much. Just don't post a song from Lady gaga or something.
o1oo1
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: What about making a C4 compilation video?

Post by o1oo1 »

once the campaign ends you'll be able to see a whole bunch of gladius stuff. until then though ...
Róka

Post by Róka »

LoA wrote:
Cheesy wrote:Once C4 is over, it would be awesomely cool to have some video wizards make a long-ish highlight reel of the best moments. You could even splice in some audio interviews with different players talking about their favorite moments, something cool with the risk map, TS chatter from games and debriefs, etc.
I'm thinking about making one of these and hopefully have it done until C4 is over. So post everything you got stored, it can be EVERYTHING, like cheesy said.

If there's people willing to show up and act, we can even shoot some cinematic stuff in between C4 and C5.

Also, music. We need a fitting song, preferrably without any big douchebag company behind the artist whose made it with a copyright complaint ready in their hands. It is possible to use copyrighted songs if you get the permission though, so it doesn't matter that much. Just don't post a song from Lady gaga or something.
There are a lot of BF3 song mixes that you can find on YouTube and use. Most of them are pretty epic and keep the whole BF theme in it.
ImageImage
Liljedahls

Post by Liljedahls »

I'm all up for another cinematic :)
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

i am all up for it. i also have some videos of when we jerk around before we go live...some are pretty funny. we can use them in the end credits or sth. you can record more if you like, cuz the good ones are actually only 2. acting is also a good idea. as for music, i have a lot of post-rock bands (instrumental music) that will be no problem to get approval from. i don't like using the same music as in most bf3 movies or using some famous tunes...it has to be original.

but i guess, this is afteer....
o1oo1 wrote:once the campaign ends you'll be able to see a whole bunch of gladius stuff. until then though ...
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Arcturus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Arcturus »

I'm against it. Only because you're going to put my javelin clip in and then I'll be made fun of even more :cry: .
Last edited by Arcturus on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
BF3 C2 - Lt. | BF3 C3 - Maj. | BF3 C4 - Field Marshall | BF3 C5 - Tournament Administrator
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Arcturus wrote:I'm against it. Only becuase you're going to put my javelin clip in and then I'll be made fun of even more :cry: .
Awwww, poor Arcturus. :(

Put the clip in.
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

but there is no such thing as bud publicity...plus, this is GOOD publicity! the world needs to know where this epic moment came from! :mrgreen:
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

Arc you're so gifted that it happend to you! so...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL8e2ujXe8g[/youtube]

fields is the guy to talk about C4, also he records too much gameplay... :roll:
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

RE: the usage of copyrighted music: k:-o unless you have the explicit clearage from every party involved we shouldn't use copyrighted music. Why? The resulting massacres would be way to expensive for us - and for the guy who is making the vid.

BF-themes, Song mixes are also protected, as is movie and other score music. so unless EA expressly allows the usage of said music this is a clear NONO as well. While I agree that the risk when using a top 100 title is bigger than with a more unknown title be advised that the music publishing houses are scanning youtube for the use of their titles. To give you an idea internet licenses are easily up to 3.500 EUR per usage of an unknown score music library title + legal fees that could even exceed that amount.

Simple as it is, unless one of you guys has a band and is able to record some self composed tune for us we do face the possibility of third party claims. I might have the possibility to talk to a publishing house and ask for some score music for free for the use in one single video - no promisses - but I will only do so when the picture part of the video is done, since it would take some effort.
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

I was going to start working on a compilation of air highlights anyways, since both sides record and i figured it might be pretty funny to see the other side's reaction to stuff. My internet decided to die though, so i can't download the clips right now.

Regarding footage from Gladius. There shouldn't be a problem if a Gladius member compiles the highlights from our side.
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

sushi25 wrote:RE: the usage of copyrighted music: k:-o unless you have the explicit clearage from every party involved we shouldn't use copyrighted music. Why? The resulting massacres would be way to expensive for us - and for the guy who is making the vid.

BF-themes, Song mixes are also protected, as is movie and other score music. so unless EA expressly allows the usage of said music this is a clear NONO as well. While I agree that the risk when using a top 100 title is bigger than with a more unknown title be advised that the music publishing houses are scanning youtube for the use of their titles. To give you an idea internet licenses are easily up to 3.500 EUR per usage of an unknown score music library title + legal fees that could even exceed that amount.

Simple as it is, unless one of you guys has a band and is able to record some self composed tune for us we do face the possibility of third party claims. I might have the possibility to talk to a publishing house and ask for some score music for free for the use in one single video - no promisses - but I will only do so when the picture part of the video is done, since it would take some effort.
This is not how it is at all. If you use a copyrighted song on youtube, you get a copyright strike. You lose the ability to upload unlisted videos, and they show you a bunch of videos explaining what you can and can not upload to youtube. The video gets removed aswell, of course.

That's all there is. I've been in contact with a few music labels and most of them have always been cool with it, as long as I posted a link to the artists' Soundcloud/Facebook/Youtube channel.

Also, GC as a whole wouldn't be affected at all.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAngFbXuX3g[/youtube]
KoffeinFlummi wrote:I was going to start working on a compilation of air highlights anyways, since both sides record and i figured it might be pretty funny to see the other side's reaction to stuff. My internet decided to die though, so i can't download the clips right now.

Regarding footage from Gladius. There shouldn't be a problem if a Gladius member compiles the highlights from our side.
I could start working on the video when C4 is over, but yeah, if you guys could make a list with highlights that would be nice.
Last edited by LoA on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
expandas
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by expandas »

Really? The only thing that pops up for me is "Acknowledge Third Party Content" in the video manager.
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

expandas wrote:Really? The only thing that pops up for me is "Acknowledge Third Party Content" in the video manager.
That's usually what happens when youtube discovers that you're using a copyrighted song. When you acknowledge to that youtube will put up ads on your video which makes money for that artist.
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

If you guys want something free for the intro there's this website with lots of cool music: http://freemusicarchive.org/