Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Videos and Streams

Post by Jokerle »

Here is my playlist:
Battledays 11 to 13 and some Blackops (forget the actual date...)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... IsVtO_taHj
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
LongBowNL
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LongBowNL »

Never saw this topic until today. Happy to be in the list!
daskro
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by daskro »

The playlists are very helpful. The most recent battleday on noshahr would have been good but only 3 people recorded at 720p or higher. I may end up doing a multi-pov commentary regardless, but would rather have more povs than just three for match of this size.

Having a central playlist for each battleday really helps a ton because its much easier than having to manually find the videos or ask people for them.
BlooDRaptoR1

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

daskro wrote:The playlists are very helpful. The most recent battleday on noshahr would have been good but only 3 people recorded at 720p or higher. I may end up doing a multi-pov commentary regardless, but would rather have more povs than just three for match of this size.

Having a central playlist for each battleday really helps a ton because its much easier than having to manually find the videos or ask people for them.
Even it's not 720p, your eyes won't bleed.
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
daskro
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by daskro »

BlooDRaptoR1 wrote:
daskro wrote:The playlists are very helpful. The most recent battleday on noshahr would have been good but only 3 people recorded at 720p or higher. I may end up doing a multi-pov commentary regardless, but would rather have more povs than just three for match of this size.

Even it's not 720p, your eyes won't bleed.
My standards are 720p or higher for commentaries. I get way too many complaints when I have a 720p video with 3 720p povs then one horrible looking 480p pov.
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

We created this thread only in the end of C4, so hopefully in C5 we will see more people recording and posting their videos during the campaign. Afterall, the more the merrier. :)
AdmiralGiggles

Post by AdmiralGiggles »

Well we were not allowed to make our vids public, so for C5 you have to consider that maybe.
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

AdmiralGiggles wrote:Well we were not allowed to make our vids public, so for C5 you have to consider that maybe.
It's up to each HC, I just hope both put having fun in first place. Otherwise this project will probably cease to exist. :(
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Recording is not the problem.
Posting is maybe, since you dont want to give away tactics.
Splitting in-game audio and TS chatter is not so easy (or is it??).
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Jokerle wrote:Recording is not the problem.
Except for FCs and maybe some squad leaders I don't think these videos reveal any tactics, at least nothing that the enemy can't figure it out already by playing against. Also BF is not like other smaller FPS games, like CS, that you can make some pretty specific strats, this is a simpler game in my opinion, you take flags, you defend flags and that's it. Maybe in a 4x4 you can have those issues, but in a 32x32 I doubt it.
daskro
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by daskro »

At least with dxtory it requires either using virtual audio cable or using separate audio cards.
mrBLUE9 wrote:
Except for FCs and maybe some squad leaders I don't think these videos reveal any tactics, at least nothing that the enemy can't figure it out already by playing against. Also BF is not like other smaller FPS games, like CS, that you can make some pretty specific strats, this is a simpler game in my opinion, you take flags, you defend flags and that's it. Maybe in a 4x4 you can have those issues, but in a 32x32 I doubt it.
I don't buy the "gives away tactics" argument either. If you think that posting videos is somehow going to materially impact the outcome of future games then you're kidding yourself.
ShadowRado
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ShadowRado »

I also thought that tactics would be a problem when I first played here about a year ago but now i realize that if the losing team picks up some pointers from watching the enemies videos that it will only make the next battle even more balanced and EPIC. :D
ImageDoomKitten
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

daskro wrote:
At least with dxtory it requires either using virtual audio cable or using separate audio cards.
but if i recall correctly you could choose not to record TS chatter altogether right?
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

und3rt0w wrote:
daskro wrote:
but if i recall correctly you could choose not to record TS chatter altogether right?
Afaik, only if you have the TS on a different audio output than your game, VAC is the only way I know of to do it without using an actual separate audio output.
ImageImage