Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

GC Trailer #2

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Hey guise.

People have been talking about making another GC trailer for a while now, and since the campaign is now over, we should get going so we can finish it before the next campaign starts. We were trying to do a more realistic approach with more actual footage from the battles, but we didn't really get alot of footage, so unless we get some more nice moments, a staged trailer will probably the only option.
LoA licensed a version of the free cam mod so we can use that to get some more cinematic shots aswell.

Feel free to post ideas for storyboards or, if you have more footage, post that.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Re: GC Trailer #2

Post by .Sup »

I would like to see a video of the actual battleday with all communications, in game tactics and FC orders.
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

:arrow: In the previous video, a lot of the shots the action was obviously staged as it was limited to such a small part of the battlefield, in the wider shots you could see that there was nothing else going on. People are going to know that they were staged no matter what we do, but little things like this damage the immersion. This could be fixed by having a few people spread out over the map shooting into the air and blowing things up.

:arrow: All the combat scenes should be sourced from BD footage, we could break up this footage with more cinematic shots - using the free-cam mod perhaps.

:arrow: It would be nice to convey some sense of teamwork and organisation in the video. Having some BD clips with CC on could help.

:arrow: It could be cool to do a jet drop/opening move scene.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

You know how we keep talking about making a round from all sides? Why don't we do that one of these Saturdays. Just have a mini-battle, fight the map from both sides with the full GC preparation treatment. Have as many people as possible recording, then we can splice things together for a "Real" GC match, complete with FC/SL commentary.

We could also use that dramatic cutaway thing all of those reality shows do. Cut away from the action for a shot of the guy giving commentary with dramatic, dark, tense music in the background. Could be hilarious.
ImageImageImage
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

i think the one posted on the main page is great, the only thing thats missing is like 4-5 comms.
what i mean is doing something roughly the same, but it should start with "this live live live" - and a footage of a breakout. then fights fights fights, and suddenly "i want all armor to push the city now" and show an armor push (bandar?). some fights, and then "chopper i need a strafe run over Delta" with a footage of the chopper massacring infantry. show a single player reaching a flag, and start capping it, then a "if youre wiped spawn X now!!!" and suddenly 4 guys appear and kill the poor guy. "objective secured" transmitted over the net. etc...

that would perfectly show what GC is all about.
CC is overwhelming, and is not so intuitively understandable for people who never experienced GC. they don't know our nicknames, callouts etc...

@starfisher - and don't forget to have LoA in a free cam recording from above angle.
Last edited by Necromancer on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

StarfisherEcho wrote:We could also use that dramatic cutaway thing all of those reality shows do. Cut away from the action for a shot of the guy giving commentary with dramatic, dark, tense music in the background. Could be hilarious.
Will Spreez be able to finally manage to set up his mortar correctly? Find out tomorrow...
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

Here's a short video I made after the BL yesterday just so you can see the possibilities with the Freecam mod.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOVaoFhHrs0[/youtube]

It's really awesome, and if we can get at least 40 people or so to show up and act, it would be the first BF3 video of it's kind (with a tool like this and so many people). With this amount of people acting and a freecam, it won't look staged at all. But that's up to everyone in GC.
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

StarfisherEcho wrote:You know how we keep talking about making a round from all sides? Why don't we do that one of these Saturdays. Just have a mini-battle, fight the map from both sides with the full GC preparation treatment. Have as many people as possible recording, then we can splice things together for a "Real" GC match, complete with FC/SL commentary.

We could also use that dramatic cutaway thing all of those reality shows do. Cut away from the action for a shot of the guy giving commentary with dramatic, dark, tense music in the background. Could be hilarious.
This sounds like an awesome idea to me. Ill gladly parttake.

Other than that I would also more than gladly help out in acting or recording for the trailer. I can record in 720p.
Also, here's my youtube account. There isnt a whole lot on there, but there is some chopper footage that might be interesting to add (blowing up tanks looks pretty badass).
BlooDRaptoR1

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

LoA wrote:Here's a short video I made after the BL yesterday just so you can see the possibilities with the Freecam mod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOVaoFhHrs0

It's really awesome, and if we can get at least 40 people or so to show up and act, it would be the first BF3 video of it's kind (with a tool like this and so many people). With this amount of people acting and a freecam, it won't look staged at all. But that's up to everyone in GC.
Maybe we can get more people for recording/piloting/acting/driving etc :)

I say we make a massive invitation to all who play BF3 and just order a fight and just record it and have some guys that won't be hitted so they can film.
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

I like Starfisher's idea.
In any case, I'd be willing to act in/record for any such trailer. You could also pick through the vids I've got up on Youtube if you want.

One other idea that just came to me:
What's one of the biggest selling points of GC? Teamplay, right? I've got a clip of me standing on an ammo box from one of yesterday's Noshahr rounds sitting on my hard drive. Just upload that. The pubbies will be lined up out the door to sign up, all frothing at the loins. I bet none of them have seen an actual ammo box out in the wild. I know it was a rare occurrence for me before I joined GC.
Last edited by Bock on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Bock wrote:One other idea that just came to me:
What's one of the biggest selling points of GC? Teamplay, right? I've got a clip of me standing on an ammo box from one of yesterday's Noshahr rounds siting on my hard drive. Just upload that. The pubbies will be lined up out the door to sign up, all frothing at the loins. I bet none of them have seen an actual ammo box out in the wild. I know it was a rare occurrence for me before I joined GC.
That is genius.
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

LoA wrote: It's really awesome, and if we can get at least 40 people or so to show up and act, it would be the first BF3 video of it's kind (with a tool like this and so many people).

Or perfect stage to do stupid stuff
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

count me as an actor!!!

i have some battleday vids but i don't think there is any good fighting going on (i still suck)...as i have pointed out, some fun vids can be put in the end credits or sth.
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
BotoloLover
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by BotoloLover »

Count me in. I'll bring some bread crumbs, too.
ImageImageImage
iRawPeanut
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by iRawPeanut »

I'm in!

For everything, just give me a time and a place :mrgreen:
Made possible by: .Sup