What is "Territory Battle" and "Black Ops"?

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

What is "Territory Battle" and "Black Ops"?

Post by InsanityRocks »

Howdy Folks,

Where can I find more information on these battle modes (I'm assuming)? I get it that "Black Ops" doesn't have anything to do with some other game with a similar name. But what does it mean? Then I see "Territory Battle"?

Help :!:
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: What is "Territory Battle" and "Black Ops"?

Post by Fields »

Territory battles are played saturdays and determine what army takes what territories during a campaign. Black ops are smaller-scale battles played on tuesdays. The attacking team is awarded credits for winning during black ops and credits can be spent to influence the campaign in a variety of ways.

Check out the wiki if you have any other questions, or hop on ts and ask around. :mrgreen:
wiki/index.php?title=BF3_Campaign_4_Sys ... Battledays
wiki/index.php?title=BF3_Campaign_4_Sys ... attle_Days
Snow1Wolf

Post by Snow1Wolf »

Using my interpretations:
Territory Battle is the meatiest of GC, it occurs every Saturday. It it fought over a territory on a risk style map. The territory have a predetermined map and depending on the specific campaign rules(I've seen it change twice already) same or different sides. You may battle for this territory once or depending on how many units are attacking(this is the Risk part) as many times upward to a certain amount(also varies on campaign rules, I remember playing Caspian for 10 rounds, but TAs are stepping on that hard now).

Black Ops is the side dish, like...um....salads? It if fought every Tuesday, varying on campaign rules and the mood of TAs, it is typically a rush game. And winning these games helps your army either by giving your team intels on the enemy, or giving you money to....do.....um...a lot of stuff again vary by campaigns. The black ops is also separate into EUBO or NABO, European Black Ops or North American Black ops. You can attend all of them or none or them, it is your choice.

Hopefully those helps, my grammar must be terrible. But if I didn't explain it well enough, please don't be shy and hop onto TS and find somebody to help you.

have a CHERRY DAY....(I don't even know what that means)
For CAFFEINE!!!!!
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

yeah hop on TS, the best way to get answers and really mix in good, now in break-time.
BlooDRaptoR1

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

You are a bit of bad luck brian nowadays that the campaign ended a while ago ( 1-2 weeks, im lost, can't tell for sure how much time pasted away).
But our TA's are planning the next campaign so i believe soon enough we are goin to play again those amazing battles!!!
Just be a lil patient, maybe you can hop in TS and just have fun on pubs/ fundays at GC!
Cya then!
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

Thanks, everyone for chiming in.

Guess it's time to experience TS for the first time :oops:

I'll see what the evening brings (I'm EST in the US); maybe I"ll see some of you folks there?
Spreez
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Spreez »

There is usually someone online on TS, now if they are actually there or just channel maskotting is another thing.
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

If you stick in the Welcome Channel, there might be someone there to help you.

We have a welcome committee in charge of guiding you through. DiscoSoup's is our NA member that might be available, but you might catch some of the EU night birds as well.

If there is no one there, just hit a channel where you see ppl in it...they will be more that happy to assist you :D
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Spreez
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Spreez »

und3rt0w wrote:If you stick in the Welcome Channel, there might be someone there to help you.

We have a welcome committee in charge of guiding you through. DiscoSoup's is our NA member that might be available, but you might catch some of the EU night birds as well.

If there is no one there, just hit a channel where you see ppl in it...they will be more that happy to assist you :D
Disreguard some of the convos you hear right away if you do this as it will usually be someone picking on someone else in the channel. Which is 99.9% of our non battle related stuff. :twisted:
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

.Sup wrote:Here is the info you need: wiki/index.php?title=BF3_Campaign_4_System
Thanks for the link .Sup k:good: I haven't spent nearly any time with the wiki.

Though, I have to admit, I am/was looking forward to hopping onto TS and mixing it up with the rest of the community.

Cheers,
Mel
Spreez
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Spreez »

Trick is you dont need an excuse to mingle. Just go yell at someone and see what they yell back and let it all roll down hill!
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

Spreez wrote:Trick is you dont need an excuse to mingle. Just go yell at someone and see what they yell back and let it all roll down hill!
haha, exactly this. Theres generally some people hanging around pubbing, or playing different games ^^. Just drop by and yell at someone :P
BlooDRaptoR1

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

dan1mall wrote:
Spreez wrote:Trick is you dont need an excuse to mingle. Just go yell at someone and see what they yell back and let it all roll down hill!
haha, exactly this. Theres generally some people hanging around pubbing, or playing different games ^^. Just drop by and yell at someone :P
YEA just like flummi when Sao is at a channel

"HEYYYYYY SAAAOOOOOO, WHAT ARE YOU DOIIIIINNGGG?" and scare the crap out of us.
C4 -Image
C5 - Image