GC Promotions and Video-Making

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Róka

GC Promotions and Video-Making

Post by Róka »

So I wanted to make this thread in order to set up gatherings and enlist people who want to participate in helping me make Division-specific videos to upload to YouTube and promote Global Conflict and encourage people to check out each division. I am very tasked at the moment but will have a ton of free-time during my Spring Break (March 9th - March 17th) and would like to start and finish the videos within that week before we start our Fifth Campaign. It will just be trying to get action-scenes along with general and tournament gameplay for each a video of the Air division, Armor divison, and Infantry division (maybe I'll make a generic GC promo vid too, if I have the extra time).
So feel free to organize your own set-ups below (just label the list, your own dates, etc.) and I'll also start off mine.
If anyone wants to and will help me (whether it be playing/acting or help recording/organizing in my videos) go ahead and type your name below on the following list:
Róka's GC Division Promos:
Last edited by Róka on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: GC Promotions and Video-Making

Post by Necromancer »

i would be happy to act, but i think that if you want to make a promotional video for GC you don't want to simply record firefights. As this looks just like any other server/montage of some random guy.
A promotional video for GC should emphasize team work IMO. to maximize the GC experience in minimum time it should be scripted and have some staged CC chatter. (if someone want to see the real GC infantry/armor/air experience they can just watch one of the many full live rounds recorded by different GC members).

to make it simpler i suggest coming up with a script for every division, recording it, and during the editing part, where you already have all the footage and just arranging it record the CC sounds and put them in.
CC/squad comms shouldn't be madness like in real GC battle day, but simply to emphasize thats everything is coordinated. it can be very short one-sided commands, telling our hero whats his next objective.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Róka

Post by Róka »

Necromancer wrote:i would be happy to act, but i think that if you want to make a promotional video for GC you don't want to simply record firefights. As this looks just like any other server/montage of some random guy.
A promotional video for GC should emphasize team work IMO. to maximize the GC experience in minimum time it should be scripted and have some staged CC chatter. (if someone want to see the real GC infantry/armor/air experience they can just watch one of the many full live rounds recorded by different GC members).

to make it simpler i suggest coming up with a script for every division, recording it, and during the editing part, where you already have all the footage and just arranging it record the CC sounds and put them in.
CC/squad comms shouldn't be madness like in real GC battle day, but simply to emphasize thats everything is coordinated. it can be very short one-sided commands, telling our hero whats his next objective.
That's what I meant by
Róka wrote:make Division-specific videos It will just be trying to get action-scenes with GC tournament gameplay
Implying CC and Squad Chatter.

EDIT: It's basically this, http://youtu.be/EAngFbXuX3g, but there will be 3 for each division and it will include live GC gameplay and chatter.
ImageImage
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

count me in. i can act/record....whatever you need!!
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Dragon2796

Post by Dragon2796 »

I can act in these, just give me a heads-up when this is going to happen and I try be there if I can (preferably on a weekend or before SBT)
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

the thing is you hardly see any coordination in the video except for natural coordination that happens on public servers as well. it doesn't quite pass the GC experience.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
iRawPeanut
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by iRawPeanut »

I'm also in for recording and acting. :o
Made possible by: .Sup
BlooDRaptoR1

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

Róka wrote: If anyone wants to and will help me (whether it be playing/acting or help recording/organizing in my videos) go ahead and type your name below on the following list:
  • 1. BlooDRaptoR1
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
Róka

Post by Róka »

• 1. BlooDRaptoR1
    2. und3rtow
    3. Dragon2796
    4. iRawPeanut
ImageImage
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Hello. I can help out with stuff and such.
Kuchenfari

Post by Kuchenfari »

KoffeinFlummi wrote:Hello. I can help out with stuff and such.
+1
I can does Recordage, Photoshops, Video Editage and Actoring and stuffs. ^.^
Róka

Post by Róka »

• 1. BlooDRaptoR1
    2. und3rtow
    3. Dragon2796
    4. iRawPeanut
    5. KoffeinFlummi
    6. Kuchenfari