Battlefield 4 Announcement 3.27.13

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Hgx

Re: Battlefield 4 Announcement 3.27.13

Post by Hgx »

A Docile Sloth wrote:
dek0y wrote:They confirmed that BF4 will be modern setting, running on Frostbite 2. I recall reading DICE saying that BF3 uses like 30% of the capabilities of FB2 and BF4 will use more like 80%
Guess I'm gunna need a better PC...
I hope you are wrong, they should also improve performance. But you know............ DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

EA is like the biggest liars.
they said Simcity cannot be run offline because their servers are actually doing a lot of the game calculations. and other excuses to cover up the DRM fact, which is their right IMO, but thats doesn't matter.
then a modder publicized he found a way to run SimCity offline, and now they claim it is actually possible but thats not how they envisioned the game. And the worst thing - it only requires to change one line in the code to make it work offline.
I'm only an amateur coder and certainly didn't work on a game at this scale but to me it looks like it was made to work offline, and only then they added the online capability.

so you really need to double and then triple check everything the say. and still be suspicious.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

I have no clue what this "video" is, but I'm interested too see what the next game might be like :)
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

It´s not important what you show, the important thing is that they talk about you... ALL THE TIME. Let the marketing hype begin...

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

what the hell did I just watch?
where are the dinos? where is BF3 2142?
where is BF3 vietnam?
and like all posted here- where all my money is going? :wink:
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Necromancer wrote:i'll probably buy the game.
it can't be worse the BF3, they had 2 years to patch it and instead of fixing our game they gonna make us buy the fixed one. so why not get a fixed BF3? its what we hoped for every patch since the release.
Well bugwize I guess its not worse than BF2 but it puts too much stress on servers and then we get all sorts of glitches and lag.
BF4 will be even more demanding and if server providers don't update their hardware in time it wont be pretty.
dek0y
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dek0y »

I just hope they fix 2 things: the goddamn netcode, and balance the goddamn vehicles...
Image Image Image Image Image
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

dek0y wrote:I just hope they fix 2 things: the goddamn netcode, and balance the goddamn vehicles...
I just hope seeing that it will be modern warfare, that they "wont have" problems taking in consideration the current "balance" of the game.

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
LongBowNL
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LongBowNL »

Arcturus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Arcturus »

I saw that as well. I really hope the part about the Commander function is true. That would be quite the improvement to GC gameplay.
BF3 C2 - Lt. | BF3 C3 - Maj. | BF3 C4 - Field Marshall | BF3 C5 - Tournament Administrator
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Whatever this different than in BF2 commander mode will be...
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

vine is the new instagram...period :)
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

Necromancer wrote:i'll probably buy the game.
it can't be worse the BF3, they had 2 years to patch it and instead of fixing our game they gonna make us buy the fixed one. so why not get a fixed BF3? its what we hoped for every patch since the release.
Necromancer wrote:don't guess anything. they have plenty of time to optimize the engine. plus i guess they want it to work on the current generation of consoles which means it won't be using a lot more resources then it is now.
What in EA's history makes you think it will be fixed? Generally it regresses a few patches, and just because they "have time" doesn't mean they will do it. The BF series has never been known for its efficient performance.
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4

edit: log in for a dogtag ( I was here)
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member