So I have all this data...

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

So I have all this data...

Post by cairdazar »

As some of you know I log the stats from our matches at http://bf3.herokuapp.com/gc/battles

The information I have is the same as the live scoreboard shows (saved every ~15 sec).

I was thinking of that to do with all the data; one thing I thought about was just playing back the scoreboard like watching a rerun.
That don't sound that use full on second thought, but what about charts?

So I trowed a round in to a chart library and got some graphs http://imgur.com/a/4JToD

The second thing I thought about was some sort of overlay to use in videos, showing tickets and/or player(s) score.

Any one find this kind of things interesting?
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: So I have all this data...

Post by InsanityRocks »

cairdazar wrote:As some of you know I log the stats from our matches at http://bf3.herokuapp.com/gc/battles

The information I have is the same as the live scoreboard shows (saved every ~15 sec).

I was thinking of that to do with all the data; one thing I thought about was just playing back the scoreboard like watching a rerun.
That don't sound that use full on second thought, but what about charts?

So I trowed a round in to a chart library and got some graphs http://imgur.com/a/4JToD

The second thing I thought about was some sort of overlay to use in videos, showing tickets and/or player(s) score.

Any one find this kind of things interesting?
While I can't speak to overlays and what not, if you need help with your app I'd love to help, if I can. I've been writing software, professionally, for the last 20 years.

What data points are you capturing?
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Not sure what I'm looking at exactly in that site link. Can you elaborate?
Ghoul
8.Lord
8.Lord

Post by Ghoul »

First Link does not work for me. I'm all for anything that tracks in-game performance
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

Ghoul wrote:First Link does not work for me. I'm all for anything that tracks in-game performance
RazY70 wrote:Not sure what I'm looking at exactly in that site link. Can you elaborate?
It's likely he doesn't have his app setup to handle requests to the URL he posted.

+cairdazar, I looked closer (this time) at the images. Are you only collecting the 5 data points (kills, deaths, tickets, revives, and bleed)? What other information can you capture?

I would really love to help you with this project. I have a Heroku account and I have a Github account.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Makes sense.

As a side note, with you programming experience maybe the Website Committee (Open group of people who volunteer their time to work on the website) could interest you?

ucp.php?i=167
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

RazY70 wrote:Makes sense.

As a side note, with you programming experience maybe the Website Committee (Open group of people who volunteer their time to work on the website) could interest you?

ucp.php?i=167
Thanks for the information, RazY70; application submitted ;)
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

OPS, it back up now, I managed to crash it just before I posted. :oops:
insanityrocks wrote:What data points are you capturing?
I'm logging all the data returned by the game server for the live scoreboard.
GameId (not very useful, hardly ever changes), gameMode, map, mapvariant, maxplayers
For all teams; number of players, max and current: tickets/mcoms/flags/kills (for conquest/rush/ctf/tdm respectively)
and for all players; squad, rank, clantag, name, id, kills, deaths, and score.

Bleed and revives are approximated from the data.

Basically what you can see on a round screen
insanityrocks wrote: While I can't speak to overlays and what not, if you need help with your app I'd love to help, if I can. I've been writing software, professionally, for the last 20 years.
What Raz said, if you know php we can use your help.
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

Can you get who has which flag? Would be nice to watch the ebb and flow of battle when we sit out as battlelog doesn't do that.
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

A Docile Sloth wrote:Can you get who has which flag? Would be nice to watch the ebb and flow of battle when we sit out as battlelog doesn't do that.
Sadly no.
I have made a feature request on the battlelog subredit, fell free to up vote ;) (and yes battlelog devs read that subredit)
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

It would be interesting to see, if any, what effect this data mining has on the No Gun Glitch.
Something is glitching up the server and the more external stuff we have off next Saturday the better.
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

Ash2Dust wrote:It would be interesting to see, if any, what effect this data mining has on the No Gun Glitch.
Something is glitching up the server and the more external stuff we have off next Saturday the better.
The logging is literally the same thing as having ONE live scoreboard page updating, so should not add any extra load on the server.

But I'll naturally disable it if asked.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

wow good stuff cair!
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Wouldn't surprise me if EA/Dice had a bug that had issues with that. Don't think it is, but it is an EA game.
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

Ash2Dust wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if EA/Dice had a bug that had issues with that. Don't think it is, but it is an EA game.
It can be the live scoreboard that cases problems, as every open page (via the battlelog plugin) talks directly to the server.
If we have 60+ people with the live scoreboard open that might have some impact.
Cant see any way to block it, as it uses the same port as the game client. Besides asking people to close the page.

BTW do any one recall then the gun glitch first started happening, on a large scale?
I'm curious if it considered with the launch of the live scoreboard...