Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

The latest glitch

Post by StarfisherEcho »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UALt-hzw45I

This would explain a lot of headshots that I've taken (and gotten even). One more "mechanic" for everyone to learn for a level playing field.
ImageImageImage
Gardalop
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: The latest glitch

Post by Gardalop »

This only accountfor about 50% of the "hackers" I see on metro. Now to find out about the other 50%.
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Bug.

I've gotten that a few times, of course not on purpose. I always assumed the small crosshair was just a visual bug, but that video pretty plainly shows that it has an actual effect.
Nix

Post by Nix »

Thank God this doesn't work for sniper rifles!
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

Metro - Bazaar - Sein

Eventhough you wont notice this because:
-Prefire
-Hit detection + ping
-Afterall it´s ADS hip "fullauto"

And you are just going to be paranoic now saying omg glitcher...glitcher everywhere.

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
expandas
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by expandas »

elchino7 wrote:And you are just going to be paranoic now saying omg glitcher...glitcher everywhere.
-but pitchforks! :sad:
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

Yeah it's really not used very often, it's not viable to shoot and knife every time before you go around a corner.
I discovered it myself from throwing med packs while shooting, and then saw someone do it in a video and realized what was happening.
ImageImage
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Definitely a situational thing. But for deliberate cornering, this is pretty nice. I think it could beat out pre-fire in some situations
ImageImageImage
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

TheNixNick wrote:Thank God this doesn't work for sniper rifles!
It is technically possible but it requires way more work thus making it almost never viable:
-ADS
-Shoot
-immediately switch to knife/secondary
-Go back to sniper rifle
-Enter a jeep before the sniper rifle is rechambered.
-The reload will finish in the jeep and when you exit you have a supper accurate hipfire sniper rifle.

Anyways I don't really see the issue, BF3 is in no way made for competitive play and it's pretty minor imo
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

if you keep looking he shows how he deploys bipod, and while shooting with it (proned) do the knife, then run
and still have bipod accuracy. now think about that being done with LA86 machine gun...
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

Digz wrote:if you keep looking he shows how he deploys bipod, and while shooting with it (proned) do the knife, then run
and still have bipod accuracy. now think about that being done with LA86 machine gun...
It´s still 3 bullets till the spread will take out your accuracy. This works on low number small map matches. And you dont want to run as support on this modes.

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
ICallIDTheft

Post by ICallIDTheft »

Went around a bit on TDM with a G3 using this. Definitely nasty, can't really do anything to control it either.
for science of course.
axeman22222

Post by axeman22222 »

Its such a waste of time IMO like sure it works and whatnot but it doesnt increase ADS so once you fire one bullet ADS or hipfire then it is gone and you have to redo the trick. I dont often do this trick with "real" weapons I do however always do it with the crossbow so I can crossmap hipfire as long as I can figure out the drop
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

But does the crosshair spread not then begin to happen from the ADS shot instead of normal reticle size? Obviously it won't provide much benefit, but I imagine you can get a couple of your first shots at a better initial accuracy than beforehand, it's only the first shot which will be dead on.
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

My understanding is your first shot is perfect ADS, but then it starts adding hip fire spread/recoil. So it should help your first few shots. But I haven't tested this yet.
ImageImageImage