Today is the official 10 year anniversary of GC!

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Ghoul
8.Lord
8.Lord

Today is the official 10 year anniversary of GC!

Post by Ghoul »

Well all I can say is wow! I never thought 10 years ago that Global-Conflict would still be around today. All You guys that month after month step up make it truly amazing my Hat is off to you! keeping things fun for all with only a donation based system to keep things operational and running it is a testament to your dedication and friendships formed here. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for keeping the dream of playing our game the way it was meant to be played alive!

BF3C3 • DARK • Sergeant
BF3C4 • Gladius • Sergeant
BF3C5 • Legion of Doom • General / Lord
^^^cause the only way I can get medals is to give them to myself^^^
BF3C6 • IMF • PFC
BF4C1 • Allies • Corporal
BF4C2 • 9th MEU • Sergeant First Class
BF4C3 • Lucky Number Seven • Chief Warrant Officer
BF4C4 • SAD • Private
BF4C5 • EVIL • 2nd Class Minion
BF4C6 •TCF • Made Man
TubEsTeak

Re: Today is the official 10 year anniversary of GC!

Post by TubEsTeak »

Happy Birthday ole girl.....

Great to see her make it this long, I know I have not much to do with this place anymore but I want to personally thank every single person who helped keep it going all these years my gratitude cannot be expressed deeply enough. Such a fantastic place... exactly what we all hoped when it started. Keep on fightin hard... fighting fair.... and for gods sake have fun....

Cheers to GC....!!!
XCS_TubEsTeak{CO}

DONATE AND BECOME A VOTEABLE MEMBER
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Happy Birthday to GC! Here's to another 10 years, everybody! :thumbup: :clap: :clap:
Image[/url]
Gonzo
Executive
Executive

Post by Gonzo »

Well happy birthday GC and thanks to the founders for coming up with this and sticking with it (and of course all the people in the mean time).
I can't believe it took me this long to find this, because it was basically the first thing I thought about when I started playing bf 1942. Imagine if all these people were real and would talk to each other and make up strategies, how awesome would that be? (i played offline back then btw). I played Vietnam on LANs and it was fun, but still it was basically mayhem.
So I started bf3 and expected the same thing and that's what I got dor the first few weeks.
When I saw that GC reddit post I basically jumped all over it. it was tuesday I think and I was all hot and reaady for my first BD.
When saturday finally came around I was so fraking eager to play, but about 10 minuits before we went live, my battlefield suddenly crashed. I tried to start it again but now my teamspeak was doing weird stuff. I rebooted and was about to open ts again when my PC froze up completely. Well reboot that crap again, I think, but all I got upon my next try was a black screen. And that is the story of my first BD :| .
Fast forward three goddamn weeks and I finally got my new harddrive (the old one had some kind of mechanical failiure - a six months old ssd and it breaks on my first battleday - :thumbup: ) and got to start my GC-career with a major face-stomping of hitcorp.
I can honestly say GC is all I wished for in those dark days in 1942 - the people, the atmosphere, the playstyle.
So keep it up, everyone - I plan to stay here for the next ten years.
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

GC is a truly great community to be a part of. Happy 10th anniversary :)
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Happy birthday to GC! And congratulations to everyone that make it or made it better all over the years. This is truly a great community! :clap:
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

TubEsTeak wrote:Happy Birthday ole girl.....

Great to see her make it this long, I know I have not much to do with this place anymore but I want to personally thank every single person who helped keep it going all these years my gratitude cannot be expressed deeply enough. Such a fantastic place... exactly what we all hoped when it started. Keep on fightin hard... fighting fair.... and for gods sake have fun....

Cheers to GC....!!!
tube out of nowhere 8O

been glad to have known 7 of those 10 years of existence, and hopefully many more.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

Congratulations GC! :clap:

This really is a special community and I've very happy to be a part of it. BF3C5 was my first campaign but I hope to be in many more.

When I first started playing BF3 MP I was on the PS3 all by myself with no one to talk to (didn't have a mic). Now, I'm on a PC, got a mic, headset, and Teamspeak, and a member of a couple different BF3-related communities; but it's with GC that I really want to spend my time. Everyone here is really great.

Well done guys! Here's to another 10! :thumbup:
Nix

Post by Nix »

Wow, 10 years. Congratulations Global Conflict! :clap:
I am new, but for the few weeks I have been here, It's been a blast (Even though I suck, lol).
Hope for another 10 years of Battlefield on GC!
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
Gardalop
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Gardalop »

Congratulations on 10 years and I hope for 10 more.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

Here here! Been proud to be a member of this community since the day I joined. Seen many great things, even better campaigns and met loads of cool people and expect much more to come!

I salute all of you, you are the ones that make GC what it is! :clap:
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

Awesome: 10 years is a long time... I was 9 years old and knew nothing of PC gaming other than Runescape when you started :roll:
Well done; now let's make it to 20 :clap:
ImageImage
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

Happy Birthday GC! :D

I wish I could have been here for all ten years, I think I only got to see about 8 of them.

Thanks to everyone who started and kept alive the best damn gaming community on the net.

Here's to another Ten! k:beer:
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

That's like 100 years in internet time k:shock:

So happy to see our community still going strong, and new people discovering it every day. You guys rock :thumbup:

Special thanks to Ghoul, Tube, Brummie and the other old farts who founded this site in the first place. And everyone else who's kept it alive all that time.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Happy bday GC and many more fun years to come k:beer:

phpBB [video]